Votes: 89 61.4%
  • England

Votes: 56 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said it on here earlier, and I took a leaf out of their book and read a few articles about the cricket on some English newspaper's websites. I would highly recommend a few on the Independent's website, the comments make for a good laugh. Most are calling Clarke and Warner neanderthals and seem to ignore the fact that Anderson and Prior and most of the others (except Joe Root, he's too young to know any coarse language) give as good as they get.

Back to the game, but IMO seeing the verbal banter and argy bargy back in the Aussie team is great. That's what it was years ago and it defined Ponting and Waugh's captaincy. "Mental disintegration". I think Lehmann introduced this, he seems like the type of guy (having played with/under Ponting and Waugh) who would say, and has said, "go out there and get stuck into them, it works". It's also something that was missing under Mickey Arthur, we seemed slightly too cordial for my liking. Keep it going Boof :thumbsu:

I certainly hope Johnson isn't getting as carried away as the majority of people on here are. He bowled well this test, but he has done so before and then failed to back it up. I hope he does bowl well for the rest of the Ashes, but all this talk of the English being scared to face him is a bit over the top.

With every passing test match I feel less and less enjoyment for the game. It's apparently almost nothing about whether you win now; it's about winning with as much arrogance and poor sportsmanship you can muster. Add complete and total hypocrisy by all players and all countries.

Someone said it on here earlier, and I took a leaf out of their book and read a few articles about the cricket on some English newspaper's websites. I would highly recommend a few on the Independent's website, the comments make for a good laugh. Most are calling Clarke and Warner neanderthals and seem to ignore the fact that Anderson and Prior and most of the others (except Joe Root, he's too young to know any coarse language) give as good as they get.

Back to the game, but IMO seeing the verbal banter and argy bargy back in the Aussie team is great. That's what it was years ago and it defined Ponting and Waugh's captaincy. "Mental disintegration". I think Lehmann introduced this, he seems like the type of guy (having played with/under Ponting and Waugh) who would say, and has said, "go out there and get stuck into them, it works". It's also something that was missing under Mickey Arthur, we seemed slightly too cordial for my liking. Keep it going Boof :thumbsu:

Rubbish. It's been there all along. It's just when they lose they're suddenly meek and mild (which I doubt very much), and when they win suddenly it's the magical formula. They wouldn't be doing anything different except actually playing better. Amazing.

Completely incorrect.

Our XI had clearly and indisputably been told to done it down. Hell, there was a letter sent by CA a few years ago spelling out a clear directive that sledging and onfield aggression was to cease.

We've been playing like choir boys for years, while guys like Steyn and Anderson have made a mockery of us.

With every passing test match I feel less and less enjoyment for the game. It's apparently almost nothing about whether you win now; it's about winning with as much arrogance and poor sportsmanship you can muster. Add complete and total hypocrisy by all players and all countries.

Aren't you the one always going on about how players have no obligation to play within the spirit of the game?

He might be Brett Lee quality in terms of runs per over etc., but he certainly doesn't have the fear factor that Lee had. If I was a batsman I'd be happier facing a bloke sending down 130 km/h inswingers as opposed to 155 km/h bouncers aimed at knocking your block off.

How often did Brett Lee actually do that though?

Lee was a bit of a one trick pony - bowled well on faster tracks but was fodder in many conditions.

I got to see some Lee thunderbolts at the WACA - but in general as a Test bowler an average over 30 represents his talents.

ODI cricket was another beast and he is one of our greatest ever.

I think the sledging is fine, it would just be better if we didn't have those mics picking it up all the time. Let them sledge if they want but as Clarke says it should stay on the ground. I would hate to see them told to tone it down because it ends up being broadcast! Just get rid of the mics if that is the case.

I didn't agree with Warner's public comments, better to let your cricket do the talking (IMO) but he can say what he likes and live with any repercussions.

I think the sledging is fine, it would just be better if we didn't have those mics picking it up all the time. Let them sledge if they want but as Clarke says it should stay on the ground. I would hate to see them told to tone it down because it ends up being broadcast! Just get rid of the mics if that is the case.

I didn't agree with Warner's public comments, better to let your cricket do the talking (IMO) but he can say what he likes and live with any repercussions.

There is supposed to be a rule that the stump mikes are only turned up during a delivery, pretty clear nine turned them way up as soon as anderson and the aussie got into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the sledging is fine, it would just be better if we didn't have those mics picking it up all the time...

There lies the problem. Sledging, rightly or wrongly, has been going on for decades. But the public didn't hear exactly what was being said. So it wasn't, in most cases at least, seen as a issue, and where it was the umpires were there to deal with it.

Much, much worse things have been said on cricket fields than "we'll break your arm." It's not even racist, to begin with.

the thing i loved more than anything, despite being 380 in front with 1 wicket remaining to win, we made a massive statement to anderson

we are not putting up with your s**t anymore!

this could be the turning point in years to come. the moment where we decided enough is enough. we are ******* australia!

The whingers about sledging have never played a cricket match in their lives.

or are poms.

I've said some abhorrent things on a cricket field, at the end of the game you shake the bloke's hand and move on.

Anderson is a shithouse loser and an even worse winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back