Player Sponsorship 2018 Player Sponsorship evening - Tuesday 17th July @ Sidetracked, Oakleigh

Remove this Banner Ad

sounds like your own personal Michael Bay movie

I'm from Frankston. That's basically my life. Driving fast, missing flaming debris and trying to not get shot.

Thank you Garf for pulling my name out of the hat.
What a wonderful night and experience. I think most of the players were there, I didn't see Ben McEvoy, James Sicily or Isaac Smith.
The Sidetracked Entertainment Centre is a great place to hold an evening like this, lots of things for the players and guests to do.
Our group played mini golf, laser tag and video and arcade amusement games. I had to leave a bit early so I am not sure what they did next.
It was good to meet Gralin, Frankston Rover, Cryptor, eldorado and Agent Smith who all looked after me.
I played the mini golf and a fast moving basketball game unfortunately I am a bit old for the laser tagging.
Kaiden Brand and James Cousin looked after us well, Connor Nash was there but called into another group.
We had our photo taken with all three of our sponsor players. If possible a copy would be great.
Thank again for inviting me to the night, it was an occasion I haven't experienced before so was much appreciated.
Cheers Jan

Me, Cryptor and Frankston Rover snuck into the go-karting. That's an activity that'll wake you up! Especially as very few of us understood what the freakin' brake pedal was for. The other pedal was constantly to the metal, by the way. Made for many close calls that didn't actually miss contact.

Brendan Whitecross, I'm looking at YOU. Psychopath.

Me, Cryptor and Frankston Rover snuck into the go-karting. That's an activity that'll wake you up! Especially as very few of us understood what the freakin' brake pedal was for. The other pedal was constantly to the metal, by the way. Made for many close calls that didn't actually miss contact.

Brendan Whitecross, I'm looking at YOU. Psychopath.
He drinks Kombucha and is a really nice guy. He and I message every so often on instagram and we follow each other. He's a legend

Oh that Brendan Whitecross thing sounds fake but nope he really does follow me on instagram, and replies to my story and likes my posts.

He did and now he's a certainty to play seniors this weekend.

Wait, what type of photos are you referring to?
Instagram photos, one form Midsumma and another from a concert.

Was a really great night. Having the event where they did was a good idea. Much easier to have a casual chat while doing some of the activities.

Cousins was pretty quiet, seemed a bit shy. Brand was a bit too but eased into the host role over the event period. Had a quick chat with Nash and he was really friendly too.

Seemed like most players were there. I don't think Smith, O'Meara, McEvoy or Sicily were there though.

I asked Brand if he thought he'd get a call up this week with Sicily out now. He said he didn't think so, and that Glass would be more suitable. I think he interpreted that as being a direct swap rather than a shifting of roles in the backline.

Burton was hosting a few kids throughout the night and seemed to be doing a great job engaging with them.

Frawley can drive a go-kart with about the same level of agility as he does moving out on the field ;)

Was a really great night. Having the event where they did was a good idea. Much easier to have a casual chat while doing some of the activities.

Cousins was pretty quiet, seemed a bit shy. Brand was a bit too but eased into the host role over the event period. Had a quick chat with Nash and he was really friendly too.

Seemed like most players were there. I don't think Smith, O'Meara, McEvoy or Sicily were there though.

I asked Brand if he thought he'd get a call up this week with Sicily out now. He said he didn't think so, and that Glass would be more suitable. I think he interpreted that as being a direct swap rather than a shifting of roles in the backline.

Burton was hosting a few kids throughout the night and seemed to be doing a great job engaging with them.

Frawley can drive a go-kart with about the same level of agility as he does moving out on the field ;)
How did you miss Jaeger?
Burto was killing it in Laser tag but he had one of the kids by his side all the way though both games, was good to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you miss Jaeger?
Burto was killing it in Laser tag but he had one of the kids by his side all the way though both games, was good to see
Just didn't see him I guess. Which is good as it seems every player who weren't there were also injured.

Doc was pretty funny
Langers looked over his broken finger
Cegs makes Pitto look short

They had these chicken mint and strawberry wraps that were awesome

I'm not saying I saw Brand and Willsmore break the high score on the basketball with questionable tactics.......

It was nice that Brand remembered me

I was sad that Agent Smith wasn't actually Isaac (or was he)

I was sad that Agent Smith wasn't actually Isaac (or was he)
Surely you know by now, Mr Gralin, that as a computer generated program, I can be everyone and I can be no one. In this instance I chose someone who could easily blend into the background while I save all my energy stores for all the running I have to do on the weekends. In retrospect, possessing this Omith person as my host hasn't been the best decision I've ever made. Perhaps I should have stuck with Hugo Weaving.

Last edited:

Well, if we're gonna provide actual useful information, Cousins said his most challenging transition with AFL footy was with the speed of the game, which was much faster than any junior footy he'd played. He also identified his biggest task now was to improve his tank in order to play regularly at senior level and hopes a strong, third preseason will see him get closer to his goal.

Great reports all ! The feedback I'm getting is that it was a very well conducted night and you were well behaved :) I'd like to see them retain this 'hands-on' format for next season's event also.

Was a top night. The Hawks staff running the show should be commended - all organised to the minute and everyone got a go.

He drinks Kombucha but is a really nice guy. He and I message every so often on instagram and we follow each other. He's a legend
fixed

Okey dokes.... it's that time of the season (finally) when I get to send out three Hawks guernseys, autographed at the Player-Sponsor event.

The update on #45 is that it's currently at Waverley Park about to be autographed... soon... hopefully.

So for the next three days, I'll be announcing our lucky winners whose ticket numbers were drawn an eternity ago (well, March) by supermod and Essendon fan Doss. Good game last weekend hey !?

#30 Kaiden Brand. First guernsey from the bag goes to........

Drumroll please...

tommyk72

Yayyyyyyy as Kermit would say !

Congratulations ! I'll be in touch with you and all of our other winners by PM shortly.

Today I'm giving away #46 James Cousins' guernsey.....

Drum roll please.....

The winner is Off The Couch

Congratulations !! :)

Well this is awkward :oops:
Thank you, it’s much appreciated and a special thanks for all the work you do for the Hawks BF sponsor program.

Extra thanks reserved for Doss even though he is a bomber man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back