List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Right, no worries.

Kings father told GC that Ben would not renew his contract after the initial two years. That was a week before he resigned with GC with 300k Ambassador money extra.
The AFL will probably give him 500k a year after this contract.

Not that I dont believe you, but until I see Bing actually confirmed as a Saint, I am not listening to rumours.

Ohh - except for ones about AFL Ambassador payments.

GCS have always tried to re-sign their high draft picks on longer contracts well before the expiry of the initial two year contract. The only difference between the re-signing of King to the re-signing of Ben Ainsworth, Jack Scrimshaw, Will Brodie and Jack Bowes is that his happened after the first year rather than before he played a game.

Its a sensible move by both the players and their managers.

First two years - no matter how good they are they can't earn more than $150K in their 2nd year. King signs a new contract that extends him by one additional year which will probably guarantee him up to $500K extra for that single year.

So who can we move onto now? Partington? Brown? Hirst? Keays?
Otherwise this thread is going to get real boring
Gotta be Partington. Still a kid and has the runs on the board at state level now. Fills a need as a hard running goal kicking mid.

If we aren't trying to get him when you consider we have no decent draft picks, I'll be disappointed.

I think thats's all mythology that comes from a loss. Everyone rushes to create a narrative to explain why we lost. At the end of the day we were really unlucky in 2009. Max Rooke kicked a goal on the siren that we let just dribble through with Saints not bothering to touch it. In reality along with the wrongly called goal would have had the score as 10.9.69 to 9.14.68. The following year we drew the first GF. That says we weren't far off, the millimetres of luck like bounces and toe pokes went against us twice. It doesn't mean we had 6 players that weren't up to it. Just means that a clod of grass or the roll the ball went against us and players that were usually very accurate in front of the goal failed to convert. Schnieder clapping the umpire cost us a few shots on goal too.
We had Robert Eddy(33 Games at St.Kilda in 3 Seasons) who averaged 11.6 Disposals in his Career and never got over 20 Disposals in a Game of AFL.
Andy McQualter -Career Ave Disposals 12.8 (13.6 in 2009-2010).
Raph Clarke 9 Seasons and 85 Games with Career Ave 13.7 (15.1 in 09-10).
Zac Dawson Career Ave Disposals of 9.98.(63 games at Saints at 11.4).
Yes we were unlucky in both years,but please dont try and tell me that those Stats above are Stats of guys who should have been Playing in a GF.
If we had better depth we would have won in 2009.
People on here rubbish Luke Dunstan's ability yet his 1st 3 yrs of Stats at AFL level were far superior to any of above players and his past 3 have all been above 21 Disp Ave per Game
Many critisize Jack Billings as well yet he has had only 1 season below 20 Disp and Ave above 22 in past 3 seasons,also far superior to the GF players above.
A champion team would of won us a flag in 09 /10 not a team that had a few champions.
Good Depth is vital in all sports and we didnt have it in 09 and 10,even if we were unlucky in Both

Right, no worries.

Kings father told GC that Ben would not renew his contract after the initial two years. That was a week before he resigned with GC with 300k Ambassador money extra.

Not that I dont believe you, but until I see Bing actually confirmed as a Saint, I am not listening to rumours.
Ya know the money won't be such a big issue by then.
Both those boys will end up on big bucks, and if Bing has a cool mil in his dollarmite account at age 22 then the there's not much imperative to stay for the extra cash.
Biggest risk is he ends up enjoying himself and wants to be the no1 man at GC.
If Max is killing it Ben might not want to step back into his shadow either..

We had Robert Eddy(33 Games at St.Kilda in 3 Seasons) who averaged 11.6 Disposals in his Career and never got over 20 Disposals in a Game of AFL.
Andy McQualter -Career Ave Disposals 12.8 (13.6 in 2009-2010).
Raph Clarke 9 Seasons and 85 Games with Career Ave 13.7 (15.1 in 09-10).
Zac Dawson Career Ave Disposals of 9.98.(63 games at Saints at 11.4).
Yes we were unlucky in both years,but please dont try and tell me that those Stats above are Stats of guys who should have been Playing in a GF.
If we had better depth we would have won in 2009.
People on here rubbish Luke Dunstan's ability yet his 1st 3 yrs of Stats at AFL level were far superior to any of above players and his past 3 have all been above 21 Disp Ave per Game
Many critisize Jack Billings as well yet he has had only 1 season below 20 Disp and Ave above 22 in past 3 seasons,also far superior to the GF players above.
A champion team would of won us a flag in 09 /10 not a team that had a few champions.
Good Depth is vital in all sports and we didnt have it in 09 and 10,even if we were unlucky in Both

Dawson and Clarke were big reasons we played in 2 grand finals. Mc Qualter was a pretty decent mid who turned into a defensive forward before everyone else had one. Eddy was no star but he was a serviceable 23rd player on the list type. Injuries always have opportunity for a few fringe players.

Stat counts are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Only Eddy wasn't best 22, Mc Qualter was a bit past his best in his last year as well but they didn't cost us any wins as far as I'm concerned.

The three musketeers won't be able to ride in and save Ben from being the twin who spends his life in the Dungeon that is the Gold Coast. The AFL have just welded the mask on , with that ambassador cash.
Meanwhile Max lives a successful life as King of Moorabbin , fed by the exquisite mids we draft with picks we otherwise might of used on Ben.

Dawson and Clarke were big reasons we played in 2 grand finals. Mc Qualter was a pretty decent mid who turned into a defensive forward before everyone else had one. Eddy was no star but he was a serviceable 23rd player on the list type. Injuries always have opportunity for a few fringe players.

Stat counts are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Only Eddy wasn't best 22, Mc Qualter was a bit past his best in his last year as well but they didn't cost us any wins as far as I'm concerned.
[/QUOTE
Stat counts are irrelevant!
So if we had Depth in 2009 and Lonie and Young were playing back then(Not that those 2 provide great Depth)you wouldnt care if a player with 3 Disposals a game was picked before a player who has 14 Disposals a game.

Plenty of terrible players have won flags. Fletcher Roberts just got delisted, he’s played 14 games in three years since winning a premiership. Zac Dawson is no better or worse than him.

The three musketeers won't be able to ride in and save Ben from being the twin who spends his life in the Dungeon that is the Gold Coast. The AFL have just welded the mask on , with that ambassador cash.
Meanwhile Max lives a successful life as King of Moorabbin , fed by the exquisite mids we draft with picks we otherwise might of used on Ben.
I know they are a manufactured team who have been given plenty of free hits but im not sure we should be calling them sh1t names , our mighty club has been around for what 140 years for one flag , not to mention the amount of money the AFL give us, we better improve over the next few years or Ben may stay there

I know they are a manufactured team who have been given plenty of free hits but im not sure we should be calling them sh1t names , our mighty club has been around for what 140 years for one flag , not to mention the amount of money the AFL give us, we better improve over the next few years or Ben may stay there
👍

Meh.
The availability of technology has little bearing on the talent needed to produce art.
The ability to produce music on your computer is also why music is so schit now because it's given any hopeless individual an avenue to produce content.

The real talent still exists but we're all just drowned in mass internet consumption now and have lost our touch on the finer things.

The uniqueness of truly original piece of work is like habitually reading BF whilst knowing that you're wasting your life.
If someone posts a post and nobody likes it, was it ever even posted? Or does it become art?
The rabbit hole goes deep...

As far as i'm concerned , innovation in sound was best when they were pushing the limits, trying to do things with equipment that wasn't quite good enough.
As soon as it becomes, "we can have any sound we like " they seem to find something that sounds boring and generic.

Car racing , same, was best when they were pushing the limits of innovation, now they try to make them slower and equal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten was told to sign up at a WAFL club....Saints still interested but told him to wait for the pre season period depending on who they draft...but they didn't guarantee it to him hence why he's signing elsewhere just incase it falls through...look at Rowe last year prime example..
Are we interested in any other DFAs?

My little bloke just did Little Aths at Dendy Park Brighton. The Saints doing time trials around Dendy Park Brighton. Didn’t recognise the first three placegetters. Hunter came 4th.

Gresh was miles behind everyone and was with fitness staff who were yelling at him to push hard.

He looked unfit and not like a midfielder...

He was puffing like a smoker running for the train.

Rowan Marshall also off the pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just read an article by Chris Nice on Saints Website regarding return to training for Pre Season and he said Gresh looks awesome with his new look Physique.

Masten was told to sign up at a WAFL club....Saints still interested but told him to wait for the pre season period depending on who they draft...but they didn't guarantee it to him hence why he's signing elsewhere just incase it falls through...look at Rowe last year prime example..
Accurate

Thats 1 player WB may have carried,we had 4 or 5 as mentioned

One? He was just the one I mentioned. Biggs, Cordy, Hamling, McLean. Dunkley had only played 17 games and had minimal impact, Boyd was great that day but barely in the rest of his career (Shane Ellen style). If you’re including Raph and Mini then these guys were definitely on par.

Pretty much every premiership side you look at has a mediocre bottom handful - flags are won by the stars. Our stars would have won us one with a little more luck.

Right, no worries.

What you’ve said is 100% correct. But going by what was said last night he won’t play for any other club than St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back