List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we be happy for Luke Parker for pick 7..?

What are we, a retirement home for the Swans?
( That’s a no from me.)

So in summary

We get Crouch pay him $800k for 5
Adelaide take dunstan off our books at $450k for 3

They get a higher pick and we are paying 2.65 mil over 5 years (530k a year) for crouch..? But lose dunstan...?

It’s very clever

So we ‘trade’ Dunstan for a discounted Crouch..? Def an upgrade
This would be a fantastic result, big tick for us

It is not a fantastic result, it's worse for us.

It's basically the exact same thing as us paying 650k for crouch, except we dont have dunstan.

Why?

Because we will need to fill dunstans list spot with someone new on at least minimum wage (ie 100k)

So we aren't saving 450k x 3 offloading dunstan, we are saving 350k x 3 at best.

So that means we're still paying 630k a year for crouch, not 530k.

We aren't any better off, we are worse off- we are at the same cap position and dunstanless.

The crows would need to take both dunstan AND webster or roberton off our hands before it was worth our consideration

Is a huge huge win for both clubs. Not using the pick 2 out of thin air for both clubs benefits is crazy.
Crouch is on 650-700 atm and every Adelaide fan would be happy to keep if not for pick 2. He was the key part to out midfield in our 2017 run. He's a very very good mid

Well your fans might be, but maybe the club not?
Why didn’t they offer him a new contract in the first place then?

Are the boarders still closed and if so why are so many crows fans over here

Well your fans might be, but maybe the club not?
Why didn’t they offer him a new contract in the first place then?
Because pick 2 is worth way more EV if they can get it going into a rebuild?

Would you have traded Jack Steven for pick 2 if possible going into a rebuild? Of course. Same story

So in summary

We get Crouch pay him $800k for 5
Adelaide take dunstan off our books at $450k for 3

They get a higher pick and we are paying 2.65 mil over 5 years (530k a year) for crouch..? But lose dunstan...?

It’s very clever

So we ‘trade’ Dunstan for a discounted Crouch..? Def an upgrade

Dunstan only has 1 year left at 450k
That would make it 710k a year

It is not a fantastic result, it's worse for us.

It's basically the exact same thing as us paying 650k for crouch, except we dont have dunstan.

Why?

Because we will need to fill dunstans list spot with someone new on at least minimum wage (ie 100k)

So we aren't saving 450k x 3 offloading dunstan, we are saving 350k x 3 at best.

So that means we're still paying 630k a year for crouch, not 530k.

We aren't any better off, we are worse off- we are at the same cap position and dunstanless.

The crows would need to take both dunstan AND webster or roberton off our hands before it was worth our consideration
But with reduced list sizes won't we have to dump extra players anyway? So we don't need to replace Dunstan with a 100k random, we just don't fill that spot

True but there is a culture you build through owning the place that a bunch of ring ins just don't have. You really want some guys who have ownership of the place and set culture. Billings and Seb are both good guys. Trout just liked beta type personalities so we have a bit of a nice guy culture. Richmond can take in strays because they have a good bedrock culture.

We were all screaming for change for a couple of years pre Ratten but the pace of the change is giving me anxiety!

I trust these guys know what they are doing but also torn between loyalty to the likes of Ross and Dunstan who did help build it and put in the hard yards.

I guess there is no room for sentiment if we want to be a top team.

Would you have traded Jack Steven for pick 2 if possible going into a rebuild? Of course. Same story

Yes, but the Cats only paid him what they wanted....
as we will with Crouch. As you say, same story.

This, if you have a NGA / FS prospect you always want to get your natural draft pick in first.

I think people have gotten confused due to the unusual situation with the dogs having an NGA player as a likely number 1 pick.
Spot on. And this presents a perfect opportunity to capitalise on the dogs position. Such as giving them 15 for their future first and this years second. If Ugle-Hagan gets bid on at 1 or 2 dogs will struggle to match this year based on their current picks and the requirements to draft a certain number of players from the draft.

Let’s say he goes 1 and next years ladder positions mirror this year:
Dogs get pick 1 (after using 13 and 15)
Saints get 36 and next years 12.
Both clubs would do that every day of the week.
Would give us 2 firsts next year - Bing.
Personally not fussed on this years draft. It’s a lottery

We were all screaming for change for a couple of years pre Ratten but the pace of the change is giving me anxiety!

I trust these guys know what they are doing but also torn between loyalty to the likes of Ross and Dunstan who did help build it and put in the hard yards.

I guess there is no room for sentiment if we want to be a top team.

I‘ve come around to that way of thinking.
Its sad, I really like Dunstan, but honestly, I want a flag more than I want him to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a huge huge win for both clubs. Not using the pick 2 out of thin air for both clubs benefits is crazy.
Crouch is on 650-700 atm and every Adelaide fan would be happy to keep if not for pick 2. He was the key part to out midfield in our 2017 run. He's a very very good mid
Yeah I agree, I really rate him. And think he's exactly what we need. Sure his market value probably isn't pick 2, but why not rort the system if we both can.

Are the boarders still closed and if so why are so many crows fans over here
They think we collectively run the football department at St.Kilda.

That is the least of their problems though, unfortunately.

Can you tell us exactly what the contract needs to be to get band 1? Do you think your list management can? Or are they taking a punt.

I really hope something is being worked out so it’s a win for both clubs, but the only way I can see that happening is if a behind closed doors convo is had between the AFL, Crows and Saints to determine what the salary needs to be to trigger band 1.

Otherwise, you guys are going to have to gamble either way. $700k might not get pick 1, you match and we walk away then you are stuck with a guy who on huge coin who will be close to retiring when you are competitive again.

It’s not a case of, “we’re not getting band 1, let’s match”, because as far as I know, you decide whether or not to match before you know what the compo is.

Tell me if I am missing something but the idea of matching if it’s not band 1 doesn’t exist because nobody knows what salary is required to trigger it.

Funny isn't it, the coach there did the same thing in his playing days, leaving Brisbane for Collingwood to win flags....Brisbane then won a three-peat!

It’s worse than that for Buckley. He could’ve chosen North Melbourne who were very keen and were offering plenty.

At that stage North had Carey, McKernan, Stevens, Archer, Martyn, Longmire, Schwass, etc and were coached by Pagan. North won flags in 1996 and 1999; probably would’ve won 1998 if they had Buckley; and played Preliminary Finals in 1994, 1995, 1997 and 2000.

Darned if I know why he chose Collingwood.

Can you tell us exactly what the contract needs to be to get band 1? Do you think your list management can? Or are they taking a punt.

I really hope something is being worked out so it’s a win for both clubs, but the only way I can see that happening is if a behind closed doors convo is had between the AFL, Crows and Saints to determine what the salary needs to be to trigger band 1.

Otherwise, you guys are going to have to gamble either way. $700k might not get pick 1, you match and we walk away then you are stuck with a guy who on huge coin who will be close to retiring when you are competitive again.

It’s not a case of, “we’re not getting band 1, let’s match”, because as far as I know, you decide whether or not to match before you know what the compo is.

Tell me if I am missing something but the idea of matching if it’s not band 1 doesn’t exist because nobody knows what salary is required to trigger it.

It seems like 750 over 4 or 5 is a lock for band 1 from all reports

Even barret who hates the fact pick 2 would be compo said he has also heard 800 x 5 which would be a lock for band 1 then other trades happening

Don’t read too much into it. Lots of people go on tours after a hard year, simply to relax

d3gwwd3.jpg
EFA 20201029_123007.jpeg

Why the unutterable f#*k would we screw with our cap just so Adelaide could get a better compo pick?!

F#*k it, let him walk.

Adelaide wants something with the equivalent pick value of #20 + #21 + #22.
St Kilda is your only chance to get what you desire.
To date your tactics consist of threats.
I’d suggest you and your nuffie list management team wander off back to your own place and think about how you might incentivise the conversation.
Your #20 and #29 might be a good place to start.

It seems like 750 over 4 or 5 is a lock for band 1 from all reports

Even barret who hates the fact pick 2 would be compo said he has also heard 800 x 5 which would be a lock for band 1 then other trades happening

So no then? It’s not guaranteed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back