List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gringo doesn't want Rath

Gringo does want Clarko

Clarko does want Rath

SpitefulRawGnu-size_restricted.gif

Interesting. If Rath is the problem here why does Clarko want him. Would be funny if he went to another club and improved them.

Maybe they just work well together. Maybe he needs a very specific role. Who knows but what he's there for isn't working at the Saints. Malthouse worked very well at Collingwood and not at Carlton. His assistants in Neald and Watters were both not great senior coaches but seemed to work at the Pies. Sometimes it's about fit. I'd be very keen to shake it up in the footy department. What they have been doing looks like it isn't working.

Gringo doesn't want Rath

Gringo does want Clarko

Clarko does want Rath

SpitefulRawGnu-size_restricted.gif

I'd have Rath if Clarko wants him but don't want Rath and Ratts. We need change because systems and strategy are shithouse.

Maybe they just work well together. Maybe he needs a very specific role. Who knows but what he's there for isn't working at the Saints. Malthouse worked very well at Collingwood and not at Carlton. His assistants in Neald and Watters were both not great senior coaches but seemed to work at the Pies. Sometimes it's about fit. I'd be very keen to shake it up in the footy department. What they have been doing looks like it isn't working.

My experience, in rugby mind you, is that having very ambitious line coaches with a different set of ideas often works.

Rath in talks with Clarko

No need to panic.

Saints already in talks with noted California based footy guru David Lee Rath

nLSxtxg.jpg

Last edited:
My experience, in rugby mind you, is that having very ambitious line coaches with a different set of ideas often works.

Seemed to happen at both Melbourne and Richmond just before they moved forward. To me it's a no brainer. If you've signed Ratts up and they aren't prepared to walk away from it, then you change the stuff that you can change. It refreshes the players too. Messages get stale and the players tend to want to prove themselves to the new guys.

Finding upgrades in a year that a few clubs are moving coaching teams around is going to make it harder to get top operators but I feel like we should be pretty attractive. I'm more confident that we are short term closer to the top 4 than North or GWS. You rarely hang around long enough to see the benefits of your hard work when you take over a side too close to the bottom. That said I think North are going to look a lot more competitive under Clarko.

Surely we would go hard at Dunkley. He's the extra A-grader we so desperately need.

Is he a bit like what we have though? I guess he can play in multiple roles but he'd cost picks and a big wage. I'd be more inclined towards Amon just for the run and carry and POD. On top of that he's a FA. That way you get to use a first round pick at the draft and get a potential gun and a good player so you are doubling the impact while maybe not having quite as much individual impact.

Not a rort, the salary is under the cap for both clubs, makes clubs be accountable for their long term contracts.
If Grundy goes, that is 2 x 300k effectively a 600k player they have lost.
Except the whole salary for a quality player isn’t under the cap of the club he plays for. That gives the wb access to a player they couldn’t otherwise afford, rort.

this is gonna be hilarious if it happens along with roughie

the very reason the president gave for not wanting clarko was an i'm paraphrasing here "we have a great team where the collective is bigger than the individual, we think we are better placed with lethers, rath with ratten as senior coach overseeing a team of assistants than a messiah coach"

putting the absurdity of overlooking clarko and downplaying him whilst simultaneously talking up a team that made one finals series that he himself described as an extra ordinary event with mitigating factors, its gonna be absolutely embarrassing if clarko starts to poach key parts of that collective team he values higher than Clarko himself.

like i said that mid season interview is the worst interview i've heard come out of the club. its horrendous.

Except the whole salary for a quality player isn’t under the cap of the club he plays for. That gives the wb access to a player they couldn’t otherwise afford, rort.

No different to clubs like the Saints paying unders to absorb the wages of guys like Hanners. On the open market a star would have been a couple of firsts. Because we were happy to take on his $900k pa contract we got him for pretty much a second round pick. Clubs that sign stupid deals are at the mercy of taking on a liability even when they are no longer at the club. The Dogs were brave enough to take a risk on him when his body had been less than resilient and got rewarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Billings a shrink. Dr Steve Peters or the lady that Dusty used, whoever. That dude needs to be trapped in a dungeon and fed scraps of meat until he fights his way out.
They selection panel showed this year that if he under performs they will drop him from the seniors , which they did - so he would be fully aware his position in the starting line up is up to his performance , so we might get to see a more determined Jack Billings.

Why don’t we do it then?
Well we do in fact pay the salaries of some players who don't actually play for us.

Unfortunately they're still on our list :'(

No it means the WB are paying a fair rate for him and the Pies are paying the penalty on the moronic contract and poor SC management.

No different to clubs like the Saints paying unders to absorb the wages of guys like Hanners. On the open market a star would have been a couple of firsts. Because we were happy to take on his $900k pa contract we got him for pretty much a second round pick. Clubs that sign stupid deals are at the mercy of taking on a liability even when they are no longer at the club. The Dogs were brave enough to take a risk on him when his body had been less than resilient and got rewarded.

1660195033770.jpeg

Please let this be true- the guy has led us down the garden path with this "no gameplan is the gameplan" nonsense.

He was simply at the right place at the right time at the hawks- the guy ain't no guru, he's selling snake oil.

Please let this be true- the guy has led us down the garden path with this "no gameplan is the gameplan" nonsense.

He was simply at the right place at the right time at the hawks- the guy ain't no guru, he's selling snake oil.

Amazing how all the s**t they talk doesn't translate to anything on field. They sacked all the players that were to make a difference from that article, they are predictable, and not well structured. Perhaps Ratts has been ignoring him? It sounds like we have his ideas and reality is that none of them seem to have eventuated.

If it turns out that Ratts doesn't do what he is strategising then there is no point paying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back