Game Day AFL Preliminary Final - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Richmond(MCG – 7:50PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear premiership hero Leigh “The Anvil” Brown on SEN this morning pumping up our lads. Saying how good the culture and camaraderie is down at the club at the moment between the coaches and players. Said in his heart he’s a Pie. Legend.

My favourite ever Collingwood rev up video.

I just saw myself in that video Kirby for the first time.

Just before and after the Didak goal from the boundary against the Lions.

Its a sign...…...we got this.

Love that video by the way. :thumbsu:

Who gives a rip about Astbury??

Line em up, knock em down.

Relentless

Threatening

Fearsome

Make the f*ckers hear OUR footsteps. First in for the ball and RUN it at every opportunity - break their bullshit, second possession circle.

Adams out to Sier, JDG or a running Maynard - FORCE them to tackle instead of waiting for the second handpass - and have support running outside.

Wearing out the like button this morning. Love the positivity.

Talking to a newly minted Pies fan last night, a Canadian who’s been in the country for a couple of years. He’s learning about footy, but he gets it. From an ‘outsider’ community in Canada, and felt drawn to the Pies.

Asked me stuff about the finals. I said if we get into the granny...you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

I work with a Fijian and he knows nothing about AFL and he's getting a transfer down to Victoria so I told him he's not allowed
to enter my old state unless he barracks for Collingwood so he laughed and said he'll start reading up about them

Tigers fans are already complaining about the free kick count and the game hasnt even started yet.

At least illness rumours gives them something else to whinge about so their excuses are set up nice and early.
Sure they aren't secretly essendon fans? lol

Link below clearly shows why we are in this up to our ears.

Rich F50 pressure and ground ball gets are their trade mark.
Since RD 16 we rank:
2nd for D50 pressure
1st for D50 Ground ball gets with differential at +60.
And Langdon is ranked 1 in the AFL for d50 ground ball gets.

Therefore we truly have ability to neutralise their strengths and win this game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-18/the-stats-files-the-makeshift-defence-kicking-goals#/

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I woke at 4.15am with nervous anticipation - you just never know.
I've read some posts in the thread on the main board and we're stuffed.
One bloke thinks they should play their VFL team against us and rest up for next week.
We haven't got a hope - I'm shattered.
Went for a dawn service did you?

I love the sense of calmness, and quiet excitement.
And the belief in our team.

Go Pies!
We snack them tonight.

Be good eating - just ask Bear.

There was a train derailment in Devonport Tasmania this morning. Omen!!!!!!!!

https://www.theadvocate.com.au/stor...-result-after-train-crash-in-devonport/?cs=12

42210823_1141516699329575_4849904953570885632_o.jpg

r0_0_3264_2448_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

What i love is how we have been missing Treloar, DeGoey, Wells, Moore, Reid, Elliott, Scharenberg etc.. at various stages, mostly all together too.. and they keep going on about "Pies have injuries".. "have you heard the Pies have injuries" and all the bullshit they sling at us..

Astbury a potential late out and there are legit a few posters over there melting down over 1 player missing (some clearly taking the piss) But some genuine unrest... Got to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back