Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

De minaur won't beat Nadal he doesn't have the weapons. Being a great counter puncher won't get you far against arguably the best counter puncher ever who can attack just as well. The guys that beat Nadal don't give him room to be attacking and keep him on the backfoot. Alex will have to go into ultra aggressive mode to have a chance imo.
I did say challenge, don’t think anyone would expect him to beat De Minaur. De Minaur looks cactus in this game he couldn’t afford to lose that 3rd set.

Disagree. I believe the problem is with Hewitt. Tennis Australia should replace him with someone who is fair, not bias and doesn't play favourites.

He's not playing favourites, why should he give a wild card to an injury prone player ?

Hewitt was right in making the Kokk-head go through qualifying.

He's not playing favourites, why should he give a wild card to an injury prone player ?

Hewitt was right in making the Kokk-head go through qualifying.

He was not injury prone at the time. He excluded him from play in the Davis Cup and did the same thing with the Wild Card situation.

Hewitt has his favourites and you can tell who they are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope De Minaur loses as well.
Give it a rest with the anti aussie stuff. It's so boring. This is a grand slam in Australia, it's good to have players do well here because more of the general Australian populatiom get interested.

Tennis in Australia needs all the young kids possible getting an interest in this sport, so that we have success down the road. This comes from Aussies doing well.

So do I watch Laaksonen serving out the 4th set, or RBA serving out for the match?

Agut I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back