Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know what the point of this is to be honest. As if the fans will get within 5kms of home by midnight.

Some will try to stay and watch the screens at Grand Slam Oval.

I doubt they kicked people out and left the screens on and the bars open.

Still... whether you send 5000 people to Richmond Station now or in an hour doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Sorry I don't find Nic Australian nor can I relate to him. And he doesnt have a coach, I think it is his physio or fitness person who are with him.

Anyway when I see young players like Rublev (who is my fav atm) the Canadians who have a desire to win and even the fringe players it makes me like tennis even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the AO have some contingency plans and can set up virtual crowds like they do in the NBA.
Doubt it. Supposed to be quiet throughout most of it with tennis.

Welcome to the next 5 days of silence.

I mentioned that as a talking point about the Kyrgios fans before and you insisted that they should still be allowed to go.

For the game tonight had no issue but there’s a line. Don’t call out during points

It actually works well, gives the games atmosphere and covers the empty stands.

Better than watching a game in an empty stadium.

Atmosphere lol I watch the NBA as I bet on it but pull the other one.

Actually they don't have to be home by midnight, no dumbass curfews this time. If someone lives within 5km of the stadium there is no reason they can't stay!

I think Andrews cleared this up before.

There are only 4 reasons you can leave your home. Entertainment is not one of them. So even if you are within 5km of the stadium, you cannot be there.

Victoria has the best Premier in Australia though. He is keeping us all safe.

Give me our one thanks. No lockdowns that aren’t completely necessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back