Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to get so up in arms about it... I addressed the 2017 call and to claim that he had massively more impact is simply hyperbole. I note you've used 'impact' probably because it's somewhat unquantifiable to try and prove your point, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that he was better than Neale in 2017 (or any other season) both statistically and anecdotally. I watched plenty of both of them and Crouch's ball use detracts massively from his 'impact' IMO, as does his inability to kick goals as a mid (something neither do very well). So where does his 'impact' come from that seperates him so much from Neale?

Why was Neale brought into the conversation btw? I suspect it was because you were attempting to show that BC has a similar trade value? I could be wrong... That is why I raised durability and longevity of performance, because his value would be nowhere near that level based on multiple factors.
I introduced Neale to the discussion on the previous page, saying that GC were right to walk away from Adelaide’s reported asking price, which was more than what we paid for Neale, and said that BCrouch wasn’t quite up to the same standard as Neale.

Maybe start reading what I actually posted.

I compared 2017 Crouch to Neale. Crouch had MASSIVELY more impact than Neale that year, and was a key part of the Crows storming to a Grand Final.

I only compared them in one other year, which was last year, when Neale was better.

I've not compared their durability in the past, or the period that they've previously sustained it. You're the person who raised that. I just comparted them in two seperate seasons.
Obviously Brownlow medal votes don't mean a huge amount but Brad Crouch had 3 Brownlow votes in this 2017 year that Adelaide made the grand final. The 9th most at his club.

So Crouch approached Gold Coast.

Gold Coast were set on their draft strategy, which would have gone out the window if they were to sign Crouch.

I think GC outlined their drafting plans when requesting the extra picks from the AFL. Getting Rowell and Anderson together (mates) would have been a selling point for the rebuild. Drafting Brad would've thrown a spanner in the works.

I introduced Neale to the discussion on the previous page, saying that GC were right to walk away from Adelaide’s reported asking price, which was more than what we paid for Neale, and said that BCrouch wasn’t quite up to the same standard as Neale.

Out of curiosity any idea on what our asking price was? Because I haven't heard it anywhere.

Fwiw I think Brad would have been great for GC. Even if you don't rate Brad players of his caliber aren't exactly lining up to play for GC. Would slot into the guts for the next 5 years. Would have helped if GC had some salary concessions too, surprised they didn't get any when they got the extra picks.

I think GC outlined their drafting plans when requesting the extra picks from the AFL. Getting Rowell and Anderson together (mates) would have been a selling point for the rebuild. Drafting Brad would've thrown a spanner in the works.

Out of curiosity any idea on what our asking price was? Because I haven't heard it anywhere.

Fwiw I think Brad would have been great for GC. Even if you don't rate Brad players of his caliber aren't exactly lining up to play for GC. Would slot into the guts for the next 5 years. Would have helped if GC had some salary concessions too, surprised they didn't get any when they got the extra picks.
Listen to the latest Road to the Draft podcast with the Suns head recruiter.

Seeing as no discussion took place between the clubs, I’m not sure anyone can really say. But the Suns mention pick 2 as a starting point.

Listen to the latest Road to the Draft podcast with the Suns head recruiter.

Seeing as no discussion took place between the clubs, I’m not sure anyone can really say. But the Suns mention pick 2 as a starting point.

In your previous post you said it was more than what you guys paid for Neale.

Pick 2 is higher than pick 6 and pick 19. We got Neale and pick 30 back.

And we wouldn't have given anything back to balance the trade??? You're insinuating crows are greedy and unreasonable but it's all speculation. We had plenty of currency in that draft year to even it out.

Don’t ask Brisbane fans.

Which deal? Charlie might have seemed overs at the time but I think he has proven he was very much worth pick 12. Kysaiah Pickett (also a small forward) was selected at the same pick last year and there is no guarantee he will turn out to be half the player Charlie is. And you didn't have to spend time developing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion, if Brouch doesn't want to be there or holding out for more money and or a long contract (say 5 years), The Crows should rip the band aid off, say thanks for all your service and let him go..

If the Crows were still in the flag window they should sign him up, but it seems like a couple of rough rebuilding years ahead for the AFC.

And at the very least, they need to start having major free cap space so they can make a big splash in the FA Market over the next 5 years too..

In my opinion, if Brouch doesn't want to be there or holding out for more money and or a long contract (say 5 years), The Crows should rip the band aid off, say thanks for all your service and let him go..

If the Crows were still in the flag window they should sign him up, but it seems like a couple of rough rebuilding years ahead for the AFC.

And at the very least, they need to start having major free cap space so they can make a big splash in the FA Market over the next 5 years too..
As for salary cap basically should be throwing money at Rankine end of 2022.

We're about to have cash streaming out of every orifice. Older players closing in on retirement and no new talent demanding decent money at the moment.

Who are these FA we can attract? No one wants to come to the crows expect cooked has-beens.

So we can afford Brad it just depends on the cost and where we end up this year. If we finish last then pick 2 compo would be juicy.

Don’t ask Brisbane fans.

The Charlie Cameron overs trade was far more beneficial to Brisbane long term than losing Yeo and Docherty for way unders.

Surely as a Brisbane fan, in hindsight you would still do the Charlie Cameron deal (for the exact parameters) in a heartbeat

He has been a wonderful and Crowd drawing addition to your club.

Maybe start reading what I actually posted.

I compared 2017 Crouch to Neale. Crouch had MASSIVELY more impact than Neale that year, and was a key part of the Crows storming to a Grand Final.

I only compared them in one other year, which was last year, when Neale was better.

I've not compared their durability in the past, or the period that they've previously sustained it. You're the person who raised that. I just comparted them in two seperate seasons.
How convenient leaving out 2016 and 2018 when Neale won the bnf.
In 2016 he broke the league record for season disposals.
Crouch is a long way off.
His had one year in how many that his played up to Neale’s standard of the last 6 years

Yeah would be shocked if he got band 1 with his injury history and maybe a nervousness to give out big contracts at the end of this year.... can see Adelaide wanting to keep him over getting band 2.

their best hope is a Gold Coast flush with cash wanted him but from what we’ve seen I don’t think they should.

Yeah would be shocked if he got band 1 with his injury history and maybe a nervousness to give out big contracts at the end of this year.... can see Adelaide wanting to keep him over getting band 2.

their best hope is a Gold Coast flush with cash wanted him but from what we’ve seen I don’t think they should.
Be prepared to be shocked then I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back