Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Be prepared to be shocked then I guess.

clubs have done strange things, but in this climate for crouch with his history? I’m saying it could happen but I think it’s unlikely. I also think Adelaide would be very keen to hold onto him if they think band 2 is on the cards.

I’m not sure what club is paying him in their top 3/4 players over 4/5 years which from memory would be around what it would take to get band 1.

I think his contract would come with performance clauses if it was long and I suspect that affects compo.

clubs have done strange things, but in this climate for crouch with his history? I’m saying it could happen but I think it’s unlikely. I also think Adelaide would be very keen to hold onto him if they think band 2 is on the cards.

I’m not sure what club is paying him in their top 3/4 players over 4/5 years which from memory would be around what it would take to get band 1.

I think his contract would come with performance clauses if it was long and I suspect that affects compo.
Played all of last year. No issues this year. Best and fairest in 2019, probably 2020.
Top brownlow votes.
Likely a 700k contract which would be top 5 players.
All that will add up.

Played all of last year. No issues this year. Best and fairest in 2019, probably 2020.
Top brownlow votes.
Likely a 700k contract which would be top 5 players.
All that will add up.
I don’t believe he’ll get any $700k offers if the salary cap is cut by $3 million, as has been widely speculated.

$700k - $800k will be the new $900k to $1m. And he’s not worth that.

Too early to say what's happening. But band compo be rolling scale anyway based on any changes.

and the changes this year ie slightly lower contracts handed out shouldn’t effect the bands this year if the bands are based on the contracts across the league as only a fraction of contracts are being re-signed this year. Unless the afl changes or bends the rules which is kinda like the afl to do.
As I said it’s possible he gets band 1, but I think it’s not at all a given.

DangerSloane what was our bet? You said crows were 5.5 games better than gc.. if we beat you this week the crows will be 7.5 games behind. Feeling confident?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Void on a 17 game season when you're getting like 5 games in row at home, clearly.
Will be nice for you to finally beat us next week. Only taken 10 years.

Also dont get too excited. You only kicked 4 goals against Port mate.
They looked like the best team in the comp from the first 2 rounds, as much as it hurts me to say.

Also didnt you win like 3 of your first 4 last year and then didnt win one for the rest of the year?
You've blown your load very early.

I guess any win is exciting when you've had about 10 in the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

The positive thing is we dont have a lot of older heads to pay money to, so Brad will prob fall in that band 1 area,

Void on a 17 game season when you're getting like 5 games in row at home, clearly.

They looked like the best team in the comp from the first 2 rounds, as much as it hurts me to say.

Also didnt you win like 3 of your first 4 last year and then didnt win one for the rest of the year?

Still there is no way you can make a case for the Crows being 5.5 games better even if it was a regular season as it looks like the Suns have gone past them.

Still there is no way you can make a case for the Crows being 5.5 games better even if it was a regular season as it looks like the Suns have gone past them.

It certainly looks like we're worse than expected but its 1 game.

I mean port beat the suns in round 1 by not too much less. Port look to be a far far better side than WC in the early going.

New coach, new team. Its never going to get going instantly.

Do you forget that the Suns flew out the blocks last year and everyone said the same thing. Where did they finish?

Theres a reason they hadnt had a win in 12 months.

I know we've waited a long time for footy but some of you have blown your load very very early.

It certainly looks like we're worse than expected but its 1 game.

I mean port beat the suns in round 1 by not too much less. Port look to be a far far better side than WC in the early going.

New coach, new team. Its never going to get going instantly.

Do you forget that the Suns flew out the blocks last year and everyone said the same thing. Where did they finish?
Theres a reason they hadnt had a win in 12 months.
I remember that - but if they fly out again I doubt you will be able to catch them. They have got some serious talent coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that - but if they fly out again I doubt you will be able to catch them. They have got some serious talent coming through.

Yeh to be honest we've said that for a number of years. I remember when they had these gun youngsters O'meara and Prestia and Lynch and Dixon. ;)

They look to have sorted it out a bit but wow its 1 game.

Wait til the fatigue starts to hit the young bodies. They cant carry the load an entire season, even if it is only 17 games.

Anyway I actually though Brouch was pretty good on Saturday night. Him and O'brien a couple that can hold their head high.

Yeh to be honest we've said that for a number of years. I remember when they had these gun youngsters O'meara and Prestia and Lynch and Dixon. ;)

They look to have sorted it out a bit but wow its 1 game.

Wait til the fatigue starts to hit the young bodies. They cant carry the load an entire season, even if it is only 17 games.

Anyway I actually though Brouch was pretty good on Saturday night. Him and O'brien a couple that can hold their head high.

All the players you named and guns. Its less about drafting the talent but keeping the talent. Good start getting 2 mates at 1 & 2 last year.

I agree they will find it harder out of the hub but no way would i put money on the Crows to win more games in 2020 than the Suns.

All the players you named and guns. Its less about drafting the talent but keeping the talent. Good start getting 2 mates at 1 & 2 last year.

I agree they will find it harder out of the hub but no way would i put money on the Crows to win more games in 2020 than the Suns.

They do look to be holding the talent for now, but lets see in one or two years when Vic clubs come pillaging with big contracts.

Or even say Port do very well this year and go close to winning the flag,looks all the more tempting for the two SA lads from 2019 draft (I think they signed for 2 more if im not wrong which is good but only 2 years)

There's 1 thing we can all agree on and that's that they didnt deserve a priority pick.
Oh and the 2nd thing is those SA boys wont be looking at AFC the state we're in.

Last edited:
They do look to be holding the talent for now, but lets see in one or two years when Vic clubs come pillaging with big contracts.

Or even say Port do very well this year and go close to winning the flag,looks all the more tempting for the two SA lads from 2019 draft (I think they signed for 2 more if im not wrong which is good but only 2 years)

There's 1 thing we can all agree on and that's that they didnt deserve a priority pick.
Oh and the 2nd thing is those SA boys wont be looking at AFC the state we're in.
I think Rowell just signed a 2 year extension, did I hear this correct?

Look like they have targeted a core bunch of kids to make sure they keep and build around. If they can do this and hold firm, then they might actually take off.

We still haven't even seen Rankine yet either.

But DangerSloane has a point, just wait and see what happens in a few years when one of the "big 4" come looking.

I think Rowell just signed a 2 year extension, did I hear this correct?

Look like they have targeted a core bunch of kids to make sure they keep and build around. If they can do this and hold firm, then they might actually take off.

We still haven't even seen Rankine yet either.

But DangerSloane has a point, just wait and see what happens in a few years when one of the "big 4" come looking.

I think Rowell, Luko and Rankine signed extensions IIRC.
All two years though which doesnt get you far coming from the base that GC is.

I personally hope they turn it around because i think it would be good for the comp if they were a strong side.

The positive thing is we dont have a lot of older heads to pay money to, so Brad will prob fall in that band 1 area,
It’s not what the crows pay that decides compo, it’s the contract he accepts from another team. You obviously have the cap to keep him if you wanted and brad wanted to stay.

As much as I love what you guys are doing up there, Crouch gets a game and becomes your best mid straight away. Only 26 years old.

that poster was nuts. Crouch fits into any team.

but he wouldn’t be gold coasts best mid.

So what does that make it for a 17 game season? 4.25? After all, you guys didn't lose any of your best 22.

Very nice, indeed.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back