Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

No way hes at Adelaide next year
listening to him talk, he would be happy to stay in Adelaide but just not at the Adelaide club.
If he had any small want to stay at the Crows he would already be signed, especially seeing he would be getting more $$$ from adelaide then he would moving anywhere else
Sorry... What?..

if you had been listenning to him talk you’d have heard him week in week out on AA say that he’s happy living in adelaide and happy at the crows because... wait for it... thats exactly what he has been saying!!!...

how you get your utter nonsense from that I’ll never know..

Cats dont really have a big need for Crouch, think we will let this one go to Bombers or Port A...

Cats dont really have a big need for Crouch, think we will let this one go to Bombers or Port A...
I still dont really understand it either.. apart from the dangerfield is pushing it connection..

unless they are looking at their list and thinking selwood and Ablett are all but retired, Harry’s nearly cooked, danger has a couple of good years before the decline begins..

maybe they’re thinkin they may need to bolster their mature midfield stocks to cover the selwood and ablett losses and give cover for dangerfields twilight years.. and use Brad as a condiut between those lads and the new up and coming midfielders they have coming through and may pick up with the three 1st rounders they have this year..

Kelly wouldve been perfect for this but unfortunately he didnt want to live in vicco..

Maybe Brad, in his age bracket, provides the experience to help guide them through transition?..

who knows..

Sorry... What?..

if you had been listenning to him talk you’d have heard him week in week out on AA say that he’s happy living in adelaide and happy at the crows because... wait for it... thats exactly what he has been saying!!!...

so why if hes so happy then, he would be getting offered more $$ to stay at the crows, why the hasnt he signed?

All the more reason why we need outside run Clark will be on one wing next year we still need another player who can use the pill by foot on the other

I could see Geelong pushing Danger into the forward line more, having Crouch in the midfield. Selwood is also clearly on the way out, and Mitch Duncan turns 30 next year.
I think this is definitely Geelong's thinking. Danger has had much more impact recently up forward then in the midfield, so this would provide them with a ready made inside mid replacement and take pressure of Hawkins up forward. And if you can nab another tall option like Cameron then that forward line would be a serious match-up problem for most sides and you get the added benefit of likely prolonging dangers career.

Plus if you get Brad then you have a strong hand to make a play for Matt next year or the year after if Geelong have an eye on him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still dont really understand it either.. apart from the dangerfield is pushing it connection..

unless they are looking at their list and thinking selwood and Ablett are all but retired, Harry’s nearly cooked, danger has a couple of good years before the decline begins..

maybe they’re thinkin they may need to bolster their mature midfield stocks to cover the selwood and ablett losses and give cover for dangerfields twilight years.. and use Brad as a condiut between those lads and the new up and coming midfielders they have coming through and may pick up with the three 1st rounders they have this year..

Kelly wouldve been perfect for this but unfortunately he didnt want to live in vicco..

Maybe Brad, in his age bracket, provides the experience to help guide them through transition?..

who knows..

Bit of this a bit of that.

When the Cats brought Danger in , as much as anything it was to help fill a mid 20's hole on our list... now 5 years late ... so sort of logic is at play

Last edited:
Sorry... What?..

Can you clarify something .... is there a contract on offer for Crouch?

So is he choosing to wait or is the club ? Id have thought he wants to stay , the clubs wants him .. a deal gets done.

Is there any valid mail on Crouch and Carlton? I think he would compliment Zac Williams addition to our side and we'd be able to close our trade period off happy if we got him over.

Or am I just a Carlton nuff who thinks we can get every player because we're a big strong Victorian club with a cool C on the jumper? Asking for a mate

seems so - confirmed that himself on 5AA last night

Does that mean Adelaide have just reduced the $ in the initial offer or are now not offering him anything?

Does that mean Adelaide have just reduced the $ in the initial offer or are now not offering him anything?
From what I recall from what Brad said is that there has been no new offer put to his management

here is the link to the interview (I think the whole interview for anyone interested)

Is there any valid mail on Crouch and Carlton? I think he would compliment Zac Williams addition to our side and we'd be able to close our trade period off happy if we got him over.

Or am I just a Carlton nuff who thinks we can get every player because we're a big strong Victorian club with a cool C on the jumper? Asking for a mate

I hope not. Apparently we have to check with the AFL to find out what triggers band 1 compo and work backwards from there to see if we can fit him into our salary cap.

Plus hes a slow, stat-padding crab who struggles to get metres gained to advantage. Pass.

I hope not. Apparently we have to check with the AFL to find out what triggers band 1 compo and work backwards from there to see if we can fit him into our salary cap.

Plus hes a slow, stat-padding crab who struggles to get metres gained to advantage. Pass.
If it's <800k a season I'd go for him, anything more and we are far better suited to chasing the signature of Saad or Graham.

Exactly, you’ve already got about 7 of them

For a team who need inside mids, I'd have been paying Brad $750k rather than $900k for Williams when you have Walsh who looks a good outside mid, SPP, Newman, Martin, Fisher, OBrien and Philp.

Kemp will be a good inside mid, Cripps and Setterfield, but some more depth there made more sense to be. Maybe they go with Graham from Richmond, but would need to offer a decent contract to get him across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back