Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never changed my opinion when it comes to your club

You do draft well, talent identification is strong

Admittedly, your trade in player deals are generally poor, with some solid outiners like Seedsman and your player retention is disastrous

I don't see you dropping that low, you are a mid table side again next year, but you do need to clear out some older players now

I would keep the likes of Greenwood and Keath

WE draft well????????

we have finished 12th then 11th I would be confident to say we are going to fall lower

And we draft well, I would hate to see where we would be if we drafated poorly

I suppose it doesnt worry you the fact we finished 12th and 11th infact quite the opposite

AS a supporter it highlights we have drafted a crap list

THe only reason we have such a strong 2017 was our trading of players like JJ Sauce Betts Lynch Seedsman

WE draft well????????

we have finished 12th then 11th I would be confident to say we are going to fall lower

And we draft well, I would hate to see where we would be if we drafated poorly

I suppose it doesnt worry you the fact we finished 12th and 11th infact quite the opposite

AS a supporter it highlights we have drafted a crap list

THe only reason we have such a strong 2017 was our trading of players like JJ Sauce Betts Lynch Seedsman

You haven't drafted poorly, your list management has been poor.

Kept way too many senior players on the back of 2017, which was somewhat understandable, including targeting Gibbs for the associated cost

Confident you will be at the very least a mid table side next year with tweaking the list and gameplan

You haven't drafted poorly, your list management has been poor.

Kept way too many senior players on the back of 2017, which was somewhat understandable, including targeting Gibbs for the associated cost

Confident you will be at the very least a mid table side next year with tweaking the list and gameplan

IM glad you think we have drafted well and our list is great, based on results

Not sure any club has a clean out after playing in a GF, maybe a year later but not directly after going into a GF as favourites, but you aren't using logic maybe its that carlton thinking

WE will finish 14th this year after a 12th and 11th finish, lets not hide from the reality of the situation, that we will without doubt not play finals three years in a row and are clearly declining as we haven't drafted well enough to replace our best players

I suppose you are a carlton supporter, so those results and our list looks good to yourself

IM glad you think we have drafted well and our list is great, based on results

Not sure any club has a clean out after playing in a GF, maybe a year later but not directly after going into a GF as favourites, but you aren't using logic maybe its that carlton thinking

WE will finish 14th this year after a 12th and 11th finish, lets not hide from the reality of the situation, that we will without doubt not play finals three years in a row and are clearly declining as we haven't drafted well enough to replace our best players

I suppose you are a carlton supporter, so those results and our list looks good to yourself

Interesting that I have more faith in your drafting, yet you decide to use it as an opportunity to troll

At the end of 2015, WC replaced 11 on the list, end of 2017 you had 8, 2 of which were Lever and Cameron that you didn't directly replace (Gibson and Gibbs, were not like for like and had similar players on the list), that's poor list management, not drafting

Last year, most, if not all of your supporters were clinging to the fact that CD rated your list 2nd best in the competition, yet none of you could fathom people suggesting you were not a top 4 side, more in the 7-11 range. Now it has gone to the other extreme, all doom and gloom.

You will have another coach, remove some on and off the field and alter the responsibility of others, on and off the field. That will help to freshen up the place

You have talent under 25, which need more game time, yet your club has overrated some of the older players for too long

Interesting that I have more faith in your drafting, yet you decide to use it as an opportunity to troll

At the end of 2015, WC replaced 11 on the list, end of 2017 you had 8, 2 of which were Lever and Cameron that you didn't directly replace (Gibson and Gibbs, were not like for like and had similar players on the list), that's poor list management, not drafting

Last year, most, if not all of your supporters were clinging to the fact that CD rated your list 2nd best in the competition, yet none of you could fathom people suggesting you were not a top 4 side, more in the 7-11 range. Now it has gone to the other extreme, all doom and gloom.

You will have another coach, remove some on and off the field and alter the responsibility of others, on and off the field. That will help to freshen up the place

You have talent under 25, which need more game time, yet your club has overrated some of the older players for too long

Yep Im trolling like AFL.com

AS for having faith I know you think its cool to finish 11th and 12th and likely to miss again

It means your playing list is somewhat crap

It really isn't rocket science

Interesting as the swans have pick 5 and likely pick 8 if Papley leaves. They will have the trade capital to get a deal done

That's the only thing that needs to be worried about, he will clearly be worth a first as an RFA next year all depends where adelaide will finish

Otherwise Adelaide would have rocks in their heads, to let him out of the contract like Geelong wouldnt with Kelly

That's the only thing that needs to be worried about, he will clearly be worth a first as an RFA next year all depends where adelaide will finish

Otherwise Adelaide would have rocks in their heads, to let him out of the contract like Geelong wouldnt with Kelly
100% agree. If and it is a very big if the swans come calling, I'd be waiting to see if they trade papley to Carlton for their pick 8, then I'd be saying you want crouch, the you can have him for picks 4 & 8 and we will give you the carlton 2nd back. I know that is huge in terms of wanting but simply put he is contracted and is the crows no 1 midfielder and is now fully recovered from his long term injury, he is way too valuable to us going forward. Then if he wants out next year, he will still garner the crows a very nice trade or compo pick anyway

Edit: I would think the swans will not push the button on any such trade anyway as the cost will be too high this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree. If and it is a very big if the swans come calling, I'd be waiting to see if they trade papley to Carlton for their pick 8, then I'd be saying you want crouch, the you can have him for picks 4 & 8 and we will give you the carlton 2nd back. I know that is huge in terms of wanting but simply put he is contracted and is the crows no 1 midfielder and is now fully recovered from his long term injury, he is way too valuable to us going forward. Then if he wants out next year, he will still garner the crows a very nice trade or compo pick anyway

Edit: I would think the swans will not push the button on any such trade anyway as the cost will be too high this year

Unfortunatly the same gun will be held to Adelaides head if they want Grundy and he wants to leave to go to the AFC he is an RFA next year and under contract

Swings and roundabouts

Only difference most would rate Collingwood a top 4 team meaning their compo pick isnt that good

Most likely crows will finish where they did this year or slightly better imo , If that is the case then lets say pick #8
Next year there is apparently alot of academy kids that are looking like top 10 quality and even if just 2 are bid then the compo could drop to pick #10/#11
whilst at the same time your paying him $600k+

dont get the benefit of keeping him tbh if he does actually want to leave and there seems to be alot of smoke around this fire

Wow

Just Wow

I know right.
Not gonna happen. Maybe one of those. But not both. Throw in a late second to sweeten. I wouldn’t knock the bloke back, but 4&8, nope.
I understand that clubs won't pay it but he is a very much required player and is contracted. It would have to be mind blowing to prise him out for what he is worth to our club as out best midfielder - but as per usual some on here (not you) don't read the whole post where I specifically say that such a cost would put off clubs

Flight risk? You do understand he has asked for a contract extension at the crows a year before his current contract actually runs out.
yeah 5 year deal at big money see what happens when you offer him 3 years and he becomes a free agent. There are plenty of teams sniffing around already one year out while he's on contract. And if you're going for Grundy you won't be handing out big long term deals.

Most likely crows will finish where they did this year or slightly better imo , If that is the case then lets say pick #8
Next year there is apparently alot of academy kids that are looking like top 10 quality and even if just 2 are bid then the compo could drop to pick #10/#11
whilst at the same time your paying him $600k+

dont get the benefit of keeping him tbh if he does actually want to leave and there seems to be alot of smoke around this fire

I would say after a 12th and 11th finish and Walker betts Jacobs douglas gibbs JJ lynch Otten all but finished we would be finishing around 14th

There are academy picks every year and it looks like GC are getting a PP this year, so they can stay out of the equation

So anticipated pick # 5 next year

Would need to be far better than pick #5 and that would be a logical call by crows management to what deal they accepted this year

By the way with those leaving do you think salary cap is any concern what so ever

yeah 5 year deal at big money see what happens when you offer him 3 years and he becomes a free agent. There are plenty of teams sniffing around already one year out while he's on contract. And if you're going for Grundy you won't be handing out big long term deals.

Still waiting for any kind of evidence he is a flight risk, everything is pointed the other way.

Great story you got going there though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back