Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Johnson and Nick Dal Santo have Hawthorn dropping outside the 8.

Port to finish top 8.

One of those names is not like the others.

Only 2 players have ever come top 2 in the B and F of a team which finished the regular season in the top 4 who are 21 or under.

Hardwick is one of them.

That you dont think he is good shows you dont watch us much. He is every bit as good as Hodge at the same age.

I would put him 2nd behind Sicily for young talent in our team.

Hawks topping up when they aren’t in flag contention. People saying Wingard will make a difference, he replaces Cyril. Did Cyril make a difference in 2017 and 2016?
They haven’t improved their position from 12 months ago, they’ve stayed the same.

We improved massively in 2018, especially compared to where the pundits said we would finish. You lot went backwards, especially compared to where the pundits said you would finish. Worry about that.

Hawks topping up when they aren’t in flag contention. People saying Wingard will make a difference, he replaces Cyril. Did Cyril make a difference in 2017 and 2016?
They haven’t improved their position from 12 months ago, they’ve stayed the same.
Hey genius, I’m more interested in you telling us how you predicted WCE to win the flag this year.

We improved massively in 2018, especially compared to where the pundits said we would finish. You lot went backwards, especially compared to where the pundits said you would finish. Worry about that.
We were a better side in 2018 than in 2017. Hawks will be middle of the road next year while tigers will contend again.

Only 2 players have ever come top 2 in the B and F of a team which finished the regular season in the top 4 who are 21 or under.

Hardwick is one of them.

That you dont think he is good shows you dont watch us much. He is every bit as good as Hodge at the same age.

I would put him 2nd behind Sicily for young talent in our team.

So just Hardwick and Royce Hart then?

Didn't Buddy also achieve this?

Really really excited to get Wingard.
Burton loss stings, for sure - but we need two things: 1. A KPF (missed that one) 2. Another A grade mid.

The bonus is just how much polish and class Wingard has. I reckon he's a weird dude - and I like a bit of weirdness at the club. Stratton is weird, for example.

He's different....But so was Lake.

I don't know man, I'd have to watch the 2015 GF to see if Cyril made a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has potential to be a top 10 player in the comp under Clarko
But jeez u would better hope he is trading away two decent picks and a potential 250 game player

You cant question the hawks, no different to grabbing Burgoyne who helped them win multiple flags over going for a potential 250 gamer

I don't like to praise the hawks but geez they have got it right over the years

Pendles finished 2nd in Copeland in 2007 when he was 19 and Pies almost beat the Cats in the PF

Perhaps he is talking about Hawthorn.

Collingwood finished the regular season 6th.

The statement was top 2 in B and F and finished regular season top 4 and player 21 or under.

So in the last 20 years out of 80 teams worth of B and Fs only 2 players have been top 2 and 21 or under.

It was just some perspective for a poster who clearly doesnt watch Hardwick.

The statement was top 2 in B and F and finished regular season top 4 and player 21 or under.

So in the last 20 years out of 80 teams worth of B and Fs only 2 players have been top 2 and 21 or under.

Missed the regular season qualification, but why is that relevant when finals games are considered in BnF voting!?

Was Hardwick in second place at the end of regular season??

But yeah, a nice player.

Missed the regular season qualification, but why is that relevant when finals games are considered in BnF voting!?

Was Hardwick in second place at the end of regular season??

But yeah, a nice player.

Unsure. And I didnt come up with the stat. Mind you, I suspect the number doesnt go from 2 players to 40 if you do end of season ladder position...

I'd have Hardwick as almost first picked each week. He's a beauty.
So now we got our man.. which we didn't all necessarily agree with.. but it's time to start talking with Swallows management.

I'd have Hardwick as almost first picked each week. He's a beauty.
So now we got our man.. which we didn't all necessarily agree with.. but it's time to start talking with Swallows management.

Oh I was happy with us going after Wingard. Im just concerned that we lost Burton - who could have very easily played CHB or CHF while we rebuild our KPP.

It was only once his name came up that suddenly the story turned to "Oh he has an ego, Oh he doesnt train hard enough, Oh he......".

Oh I was happy with us going after Wingard. Im just concerned that we lost Burton - who could have very easily played CHB or CHF while we rebuild our KPP.

It was only once his name came up that suddenly the story turned to "Oh he has an ego, Oh he doesnt train hard enough, Oh he......".
No it's only that you started noticing what we were saying about him. It's should be obvious there are problems when he's declining at age 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back