Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 20 vs. WCE, MCG Sat 31/07 @ 4:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madge continues to improve each week. Good on him as well.

I saw him play in the VFL game against the Swans (which was directly after the AFL game against the Swans, round 9)

His performance was an absolute standout, strong leadership in the backline, excellent team performance. (Bianco had a cracking game that day too)

Wasn’t surprised to see him back in the seniors shortly after and his form has been getting better and better.

I wonder if some folks had him pegged, and have taken some time to notice that he’s become a strong part of our backline?

I'm not sure of your point... Because the bad decision wasn't the reason we lost (in your opinion), therefore nothing to see here??? No point in commenting on glaringly bad decision???

Besides, I don't think "what difference did it make" is a correct assessment anyway. The correct question to ask is "could it have made a difference?"
And in this game yes it could have. Despite the umpiring, we were right in that game... insert Sier as Pendles replacement instead of Cox....and...

I think the "Not what I would have done but realistically what difference did it make" made my point abundantly clear. Happy for you to think that 1 of the other emergencies being an alternate med-sub would have had a major impact on the outcomes of the game.

I think the "Not what I would have done but realistically what difference did it make" made my point abundantly clear. Happy for you to think that 1 of the other emergencies being an alternate med-sub would have had a major impact on the outcomes of the game.
I agree. I think we should have started the game with Cox as forward and the versatile Murphy as the sub, becasue Cox is a better forward target,rather than vice versa, but it wouldn't have made an ounce of difference to the line up once Pendles was injured.

I saw him play in the VFL game against the Swans (which was directly after the AFL game against the Swans, round 9)

His performance was an absolute standout, strong leadership in the backline, excellent team performance. (Bianco had a cracking game that day too)

Wasn’t surprised to see him back in the seniors shortly after and his form has been getting better and better.

I wonder if some folks had him pegged, and have taken some time to notice that he’s become a strong part of our backline?
without Moore and Howe

Are you guys going to be good sports and "host" this one in Perth?
Tom Morris has already come out and said the AFL have told the pies this will be @ MCG (as it should). What's a bit concerning is that he also said that the AFL were looking at having us 'host' Melbourne @ MCG the week after (despite Melbourne being allowed to come into WA as long as they complete a week of quarantine, as we will have to as well). A few people on twitter called him out on that part, and now he's deleted it from his article posted last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Howe, WHE, Mayne, Thomas
Out: Pendles, Murphy, Poulter, Cox, Tohill
Sub: Murphy

Mayne Roughead Maynard
Quaynor Howe Madgen
WHE DeGoey Sidebottom
Bianco Cameron Henry
Elliot Mihocek Ginnavin
Grundy Adams Crisp
Noble Ruscoe Thomas Macrae

For development I would rather - drop Madgen and keep Tohill
rest Thomas, Mayne and WHE , play Reef , Wilson and Poulter
But we more veteran presence

If Mayne is coming in I don’t see the point of risking Howe

Out: Tohil, Murphy, Pendles
In: Mayne, WHE, JT (sub)

WHE to the wing and Poulter on ball. If Poulter doesn’t work out on ball switch him with Crisp

If Mayne is coming in I don’t see the point of risking Howe

Out: Tohil, Murphy, Pendles
In: Mayne, WHE, JT (sub)

WHE to the wing and Poulter on ball. If Poulter doesn’t work out on ball switch him with Crisp
I think Poulter is too skinny to be on ball at this point. I'd put Crisp there. Mayne at half back in his place and Poulter on the wing.

This would be a good mixture of Youth/experience.

Quaynor - Roughead - Maynard
Noble - Madgen - Howe
Poulter - De Goey - WHE
Bianco - Cameron - Ginnivan
Sidebottom - Mihochek - Elliott
Crisp - Grundy - Adams
Ruscoe - Mayne - Macrae - Henry
Sub: JT/Murphy

I think Poulter is too skinny to be on ball at this point. I'd put Crisp there. Mayne at half back in his place and Poulter on the wing.
Atm I’d prefer WHE and Noble on the wings. Macrae is skinny but he was given a go and did alright. In the team I named Mayne would already be at half back but I don’t like the idea of swapping a player who offers run and carry like Crisp for a player who offers the opposite of that. Noble could move back to accomodate Poulter on the wing which is probably the most sound decision if we’re going for the win but at this stage of year I’d rather see what Poulter can different roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back