Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Geelong - Optus Stadium (WA), 8:10pm Thur 16/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appleby doesn't have a big frame that's ok but his build suggests he doesn't train hard, Noble walked in the door in far better shape than Appleby in the top system longer. Probably needs to improve professionalism to break in again with many rivals on the list.

I either don't rate Shaz as highly as you or I rate Mayne higher. I'm pretty confident if it came down to a choice between the two, the coaches will choose Mayne. He'll be more clumsy, but there are things Mayne will do better.

Body on the line. Remember Maybe wearing that huge hit with 5 seconds to go, 6 ,goals up. Crazy dedication.

Body on the line. Remember Maybe wearing that huge hit with 5 seconds to go, 6 ,goals up. Crazy dedication.
Second efforts. Third efforts. Selfless. Intensity. He's got Shaz and most others well and truly covered in those departments. Shaz is cleaner and reads it better in the air. Both smart, but unadventurous to the point of boring with the footy. I'd pick Mayne without doubt, for any role, if it was a choice between the two.

Second efforts. Third efforts. Selfless. Intensity. He's got Shaz and most others well and truly covered in those departments. Shaz is cleaner and reads it better in the air. Both smart, but unadventurous to the point of boring with the footy. I'd pick Mayne without doubt, for any role, if it was a choice between the two.

Yeah we all questioned the recruitment but ended up eating our words as he throws himself whole heartedly into any role with a team first mentality, throws himself around like a rag doll doesn't care. It's a buzz when he gets involved. Knows footy but shows no fear. He is really underrated trust me.

Yeah we all questioned the recruitment but ended up eating our words as he throws himself whole heartedly into any role with a team first mentality, throws himself around like a rag doll doesn't care. It's a buzz when he gets involved. Knows footy but shows no fear. He is really underrated trust me.

Just can he get a Good Run without any Injury

If Scharenberg only has the class factor up his sleeve maybe he needs to bite more off with his disposal to demonstrate he belongs in the best 22 with his ball use. Instead of always taking the completely safe option as if he is going through the motions. Instead of a sideways handball or short kick find a running outlet pushing up through the back flank provide more drive with his disposal. He should look at Clement, become a general not a foot soldier. After an intercept mark, he should give himself space from the mark, sum up the situation and look to do something penetrating. Heath Shaw is another he could learn from in directing traffic.

Last edited:
He's playing as a medium forward in a side with more talented medium forwards coming out of our ears. Our medium defenders are on fire. I don't like his chances of cracking a game any time soon.
Unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears

No way on earth does Mayne play 3rd tall/intercept defence to anywhere near the standard of Scharenberg. Hopefully it’s only one week out, Shaz deserves to retain his spot on the back of some solid form.
You already know what my changes for next week are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection of Cox staying in could cost us the win

Or give us the win... who knows. Very much a 50/50 game and I doubt 1 player will change that.

Roughead can chop out deep in defence of need be, lessen Grundy's ground coverage workload. There is always wiggle room with the magnets.
What and leave his man free?

Appleby doesn't have a big frame that's ok but his build suggests he doesn't train hard, Noble walked in the door in far better shape than Appleby in the top system longer. Probably needs to improve professionalism to break in again with many rivals on the list.

Apples is listed as 187cm and 86kg’s, how big does he need to get? Noble listed as 180 & 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back