Preview Changes: R14 vs Gold Coast, Sunday June 19, 2.50pm ACST @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Ned. I've been a fan but he's shown no noticeable development this season.

I like his endeavour but his statistical impact on games is worrying. I've said several times elsewhere that I see him as a potential elite tagger. It's not fashionable I know but if we ever played one, he's your guy.

Rowe is not our worst and is trying to make sense of being a small forward in a forward line which is very transient in personnel and structure. If we ever develop a reliable forward method, I think he will do much better. Another way of framing this is that Rowe is more a play taker than play maker. He needs to wait for the key forwards to dish off to be his best. ATM who knows what our forwards are doing? (Might be more complex than just lambasting our forwards)
The bigger issue for Ned is I don't see a lot of footy IQ in his game (or at least in the role he's given). It's all frantic energy and effort, which is great, but there's not a lot of skill in it which results in giving away sloppy free kicks. That then impacts when be does get the ball, especially in the open because he's almost like an excited puppy "I could do this! Or I could do this! Maybe I'll do this!" and he's swapping and changing his mind on what to do next and then the options he did have are gone or he's forced to take it too late.

Yeah meant when he moved forward he looked a lot better
Yet, he's a natural MID .....he needs more midfield time, and some continuity of playing with other Crows Mids

In the SANFL, there's a revolving door of Mids .....I do understand, he should be able to rise above that ....just remember, just like Schoenberg, they're still learning & are VERY inexperienced.

It's akin to JHF being accused of not defending at North .....yet his junior days were based around great defense ....so confidence in your game & teammates around you is critical

But Cook and Hately aren't like for like. Hately is a big bodied inside mid playing on a wing whereas Cook is more an outside utility type. You can't swap these guys, if Hately replaced Crouch you'd need an inside mid to play wing, maybe Crouch?
Not meant to be, in this scenario .....Hately offers more than Crouch .....Hately is not a pure wingman .....Cook is the more pure wingman, so a win allround .....unless you're Crouch, that is

HAW trying to divest itself of Tom Mitchell too ......quick midfields are essential now, more than ever .....you watch Touk Touk, tear us a new one this afternoon

Not meant to be, in this scenario .....Hately offers more than Crouch .....Hately is not a pure wingman .....Cook is the more pure wingman, so a win allround .....unless you're Crouch, that is

HAW trying to divest itself of Tom Mitchell too ......quick midfields are essential now, more than ever .....you watch Touk Touk, tear us a new one this afternoon

so you're allowed to suggest non like for like improvements but others aren't. Obviously the coaches prefer an inside mid on the wing, so logically, any replacement needs to be a similar styled player. Or you could just bin the 'like for like' garbage as a reason. It implies that the coaches have arrived at the ideal structure/system, which as you rightly point out, they've not gotten correct with Hately/Cook. Like for like is about an intelligent a strategy as, "you never change a winning team".

I would still have him above McHenry - and less than a year apart in age. And clearly above Murphy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Murphy should be in the midfield contention. Not a forward. Not comparable to rowe. Rowe is a forward that doesn’t kick goals . Kinda pointless

We were talking about Rowe... & Cook is more than a capable replacement for Rowe.

So is Pedlar.

Our structure will be perfectly fine with Cook playing as a forward like he did when he 1st came into the side!
I think we need to get Pedlar, Cook, Gollant in our forward line.
Play
McAdam Walker Cook
Rachele/Newchurch Fogarty Gollant/Pedlar

I saw some good signs from. Pedlar. I think he could make a good small forward. He seems better up forward than midfield.

I think we need to get Pedlar, Cook, Gollant in our forward line.
Play
McAdam Walker Cook
Rachele/Newchurch Fogarty Gollant/Pedlar

I saw some good signs from. Pedlar. I think he could make a good small forward. He seems better up forward than midfield.

I think the days of bothering with our forwards or backs is done. We need to start a proper rebuild now and make wholesale changes to midfield strategy and personnel. The issue is that neither Nix or VB think anything at all is wrong with our midfield. They'll look at the stats sheet and conclude the issues must be forward and back given our possession dominance in there.

I think the days of bothering with our forwards or backs is done. We need to start a proper rebuild now and make wholesale changes to midfield strategy and personnel. The issue is that neither Nix or VB think anything at all is wrong with our midfield. They'll look at the stats sheet and conclude the issues must be forward and back given our possession dominance in there.
We are poor all over the ground. I think we need to just play Berry, Laird, Keays, Soligo in there. Schoenberg going missing has been a major disappointment. Pedlar hasn't shown much either and looks better up forward imo. Hately had been ok but I'm not sold on him. We need to trade or draft some midfield talent. Our defence leaks like a sieve. Not all their fault but they are average. The area I think we can improve is our forward line with some personnel changes. I would bring in gollant, cook and pedlar for McHenry, Rowe, Murphy. We must finish off our chances. It's killing us.

Last edited:
The word you are looking for is 'drivel'. Good try though.
the words “drivel” and “dribble” can both be used.. and in the context of the conversation both mean something very similar..

drivel meaning talking s**t and dribble as in dribbling s**t..

same, same but different.

just sayin.

Still not sure what we saw in Rowe to draft him as a 2nd rounder. I'd almost rather bring back Riley Knight who ducks almost as much as Jimmy.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the words “drivel” and “dribble” can both be used.. and in the context of the conversation both mean something very similar..

drivel meaning talking s**t and dribble as in dribbling s**t..

same, same but different.

just sayin.
If you mean 'dribbling s**t', then you say 'dribbling s**t'. It's a poor excuse for getting the word wrong, especially when used in the way it was used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our small forwards are all limited by the roles designed for them. They need to add goals to improve their impact, but I'm not sure it's what they're tasked with doing.
Yep. Certainly looks like it's all about the pressure. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

Yep. Certainly looks like it's all about the pressure. Anything on top of that is a bonus.
Our small forwards aren't even in our forward line when the ball is there. They are running back from half back and midfield. Often it's McAdam or Rachele one out against 2 or 3defenders. Where are our other smalls? It's a disaster his game plan.

Our small forwards aren't even in our forward line when the ball is there. They are running back from half back and midfield. Often it's McAdam or Rachele one out against 2 or 3defenders. Where are our other smalls? It's a disaster his game plan.
E69F3DC1-559D-434F-B3BC-E7F4145E22E3.png

Good defensive game plan Nicks

Rowe is a bit the same

Seems to have to go a long way up the ground to get the ball. Roam to areas his man won't follow him
His wasn’t as bad, 60% up forward.

Rowe senior is losing it over Nicks gameplan. At one stage in the last he said Murphy, Rowe and McHenry were about 20 metres apart from each other near wing/half back.

“What are they all doing there so close together”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back