List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
It's unlikely to occur, but if both Johnson and Erasmus were off the board by 12, would anyone want the club to try and turn 12 into multiple late-first/early-second round picks?
Depends who was left, if a Goater or Hobbs were still left I'd just go one of them.

But it would be tempting to trade 10 and 29 for the Lions 14 and 18 or even trade with the Tigers 15, 26, 27 for 10, 29 and 35.

Zac Bailey went two picks after Brander and had we picked him 2017 would have been an insane draft for us with Allen and Ryan picked.
I loved Zac Bailey in that year, I remember watching some of his school games and he was putting on a clinic. Admittedly I didn't think he'd go that early, I was wanting us to take him at 21 or 26 pre draft.

I was a big fan of Zac Bailey too but we were never going to pick him unless he slide ..
Oscar,Kelly and Ryan were the ones Wce wanted but Brander being available .. The rest is history..

It's unlikely to occur, but if both Johnson and Erasmus were off the board by 12, would anyone want the club to try and turn 12 into multiple late-first/early-second round picks?

Yes.

This is exactly what i want us to do. If both are gone, trade down the order and get Sheldrick in the teens or early 20's depending on what's available.

On Vozzo, his absence has nothing to do with the club itself.

His family is from Adelaide and given the Covid restrictions the last couple of years he has been given time off back in Adelaide.

There is a risk we lose him back to an Adelaide club eventually, he was very close to getting the Crows CEO job early this year but chose to stay with us instead. Hopefully with some time off and things slowly returning to normal on the Covid front he remains with us long term

On Vozzo, his absence has nothing to do with the club itself.

His family is from Adelaide and given the Covid restrictions the last couple of years he has been given time off back in Adelaide.

There is a risk we lose him back to an Adelaide club eventually, he was very close to getting the Crows CEO job early this year but chose to stay with us instead. Hopefully with some time off and things slowly returning to normal on the Covid front he remains with us long term

From all reports Vozzo was/is being groomed to be Nisbett's replacement and years of development from the clubs perspective have gone into that. For him to go would be a big loss. I hope a month or couple of month's break is enough to recharge the batteries and he comes back to the club eager and raring to go. I really hope the extra's burdens combined with travel restrictions haven't severely hampered his mental health as it would be truly sad for him but also a huge loss to the club.

Like usual there’s massive assumptions that the pieman rates two players as the only ones worth drafting. What’s the bet he has already ruled out one of them for not answering a question properly in the interview.

And the other one for not responding to an email. Just plain bad manners.

From all reports Vozzo was/is being groomed to be Nisbett's replacement and years of development from the clubs perspective have gone into that. For him to go would be a big loss. I hope a month or couple of month's break is enough to recharge the batteries and he comes back to the club eager and raring to go. I really hope the extra's burdens combined with travel restrictions haven't severely hampered his mental health as it would be truly sad for him but also a huge loss to the club.
The price you pay for living in a hermit state I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still cant believe we some how botched the erasmus thing.

How we missed out on the opportunity to be unable to match him inside the top 20 because he supposedly was more interested in cricket than footy at the time he was eligible for the academy?

Yeah, unbelievable.

Has the AFL put together highlight packages of the leading draft hopes? I can’t find it. I realise there’s not as much content for them to work with due to COVID impacting the carnival.
Not much footy thanks to COVID so they are relying on some older game footage to make assessments.

I think if Vozzo was to leave, then it would be when his youngest child finishes highschool at the end of next year. I would hope he does stay and take over as CEO. We need people like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back