List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Recon we could pick one of the skinny SA kids like Jordan Lukac with our pick 68 that will turn into a mid 50s .
He would need a couple of years development but has some really good attributes as a forward and if he grows more than his 196cms could be a back up ruck . He has a big leap and has been likened to paddy Ryder.
Had a sub 3 sec sprint too and 33 goals in the SANFL u18s.

Back in the day, my Wife (the GF) banned me from watching that movie. I kept smashing and slowly started becoming Bricktop. fu** I love that character!!

Do you know what Nemesis means?

Bricktop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
A Nemesis doesn't have anthing to do with retribution, it as an Agent that someone can't overcome.

In the Eagle's case, Kardinia Park is our Nemesis.

First Pick - Tyrone - Big bodied mid who would be great around the clearances to go with Nic Nats ruckwork.

Second Pick - Franky 4 Fingers - Would be a great crafty small forward.

Third pick - Bricktop - Another mid with leadership qualities. Would ideally replace Yeo in the centre.

Fourth Pick - Turkish - Good wing option to replace Gaff longterm.
Gorgeous George is a Barry hall clone

Thanks - I managed to listen.

Apart from what you have covered, I am concerned that Nesbitt is still bitching about a rule change. I read into that stance that Simmo and the club are not happy about the standing the mark change and are not embracing the change. Until Nesbitt and Simmo stop bitching, they are probably going to stubbornly hold firm in their disappointment as an excuse and delay when we start embracing the change.

Pity - if Nessie is doing this, it for me is a sign that he is passed his used by date

Time to pass the baton to someone who will embrace the future and not be reluctant.
Doesn't surprise me they are bitching the standing the mark rule has rendered our zone defence unless.
We also don't have the cattle to play man on man

Draftees that were wanted on this board and slid for us.

Another was Rotham at 34.
Winder at 57.

Just on Winder I think people here are pegging him into the wrong hole. He's not a pure forward. More of a genuine HFF who could play wing and even with development and size some time on ball.
He is very much in that tim Kelly mould .
He doesn't yet have the tank to play midfield so in the mean time forward is an option

Goater is quickly becoming one I would like if the 2 WA mids are gone.

Erasmus/Johnson
Goater

Sorry to say we wont get any of these 3 players. Eagles havnt picked my choice for first pick for years lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at 12 we are still going to be left with some very good talent on the board, it does seem very even from that 5-25 range. I’d be hopeful of trying to move up nab pick 23 off the bulldogs to try and get two picks in that sort of range. Would be the kind of refresh the list would benefit from.

Any one of Erasmus/Johnson/Goater or Rachele I’d be pretty happy with. Of course, if Fremantle go for midfielders over talls at the top end, best available may well look like Mac Andrew or Amiss. Draft can’t come quick enough.

Have heard that Richmond are chasing hard to ensure they get F.Callaghan - trying to get Brisbane involved in a three-way trade to get pick 2 from GWS.

Club:LoseGain
Richmond7 + 26 + 272 + 60
Brisbane18 + 41 + 6026 + 27 + 2022 (3rd)
GWS2 + 2022 (3rd)7 + 18 + 41

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.
Meanwhile .....

ROB drafting strategy......

life-of-pi-movies-fat-people-537101.jpeg

Thanks - I managed to listen.

Apart from what you have covered, I am concerned that Nesbitt is still bitching about a rule change. I read into that stance that Simmo and the club are not happy about the standing the mark change and are not embracing the change. Until Nesbitt and Simmo stop bitching, they are probably going to stubbornly hold firm in their disappointment as an excuse and delay when we start embracing the change.

Pity - if Nessie is doing this, it for me is a sign that he is passed his used by date

Time to pass the baton to someone who will embrace the future and not be reluctant.
Agreed. Things change, move on.

The whole point is Collingwood get pretty much the best player in the draft with pick they cobbled from the centre console of the car and the back of the couch

I'm not so concerned about Daicos - as in reality the pies 'earned' pick 2 - which is about fair for matching a f/s (I know they traded it away not knowing it would be that high, but everyone knew they would be bottom 6).

The dogs however have had pick #1, and pick #4 (assume he will go top 4) in consecutive years where they have finished 7th, then made a grand final.

I think they need to amend the matching system so that only points from the round they are taken in can be used.

i.e. at pick 4 Darcy is worth 2034 points. That becomes 1627 after the 20% discount. (pretty much equitable to pick 7). The dogs got pick 17. So it should be up to them to trade up to pick 7, or lose those points off their future 1st (the challenge is it gets messy inside the first 4 picks, if the team is a top-4 team - but I'm comfortable with them losing their first rounder for 2 years in that scenario even if the points don't add up).

Naturally teams are less willing to trade higher picks, so whilst picks in the 40's, 50's etc have points values they are also easy to come by (and it is quite simple to have an agreed contract with a player currently on the list, that is signed after the draft so the spot is 'open' and a pick carrying points can be used).

I just think some sort of fair value needs to be paid - the points system does that in a very small way, but nowhere near enough.

For west coast to get the choice of midfielder that we're all hoping for I think at least 3 talls need to be off the board before our pick.
Agreed, or at least 2 (Andrew and Gibcus) and probably need a Rachele or Sinn to go before ours.

But still likely to be one of Johnson, Goater or Hobbs at our pick.

West Coast board after our first draft pick...

Hare coursing. They set two lurchers - they're dogs, before you ask. On a hare. And the hare has to outrun the dogs.
So, what if it doesn't?
Well the big rabbit gets ****ed, doesn't it.
Proper ****ed?
Yeah Tommy, Before 'Zee Germans' get there.

Cal Twomey got the memo from Dark Sharks - no Sheldrick in his top 35

(Johnson at 14 and Erasmus at 10)

I find the Butler selection at 18 intriguing, I went back and watched one of his games the other night and he's good but not that good. He's more a defensive midfielder, his best attributes are tackling & pressure and he does have good speed. But his kicking is average and he doesn't dominate.

I cannot say he's a better option than Sheldrick or even Dittmar for that fact! Both have way more impact on a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back