List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

Hopefully you can slip in a few Gunston and Bocks into the wedding vows
The wedding vows will be one line repeated 20 times

And will take 45 minutes

Hopefully you can slip in a few Gunston and Bocks into the wedding vows
The wedding vows will be one line repeated 20 times

And will take 45 minutes

My dearest...

In the absence of Keys I went down for a trundle this morning to check them out on return. Just a few random notes I took down...

- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2017....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a good look for Clark. Don't sign the contract if you don't want to do the time. TK handled it much better.

I wonder what we'd have to package up with Brander to pinch Clark from Freo? Although, he's coming across like a bit of a brat. Whateley is a Cats man so who knows what his angle is here. Slimy f***er.

Not a good look for Clark. Don't sign the contract if you don't want to do the time. TK handled it much better.

I wonder what we'd have to package up with Brander to pinch Clark from Freo? Although, he's coming across like a bit of a brat. Whateley is a Cats man so who knows what his angle is here. Slimy f***er.

Eh?

Wow. Wtf. I haven't even been on BF today. This is really creepy. I did make this post weeks ago.

My dearest...

In the absence of Keys I went down for a trundle this morning to check them out on return. Just a few random notes I took down...

- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2017....
Don't forget to invite Dean Margetts

I guess you are an insider by the sound of it. So you think Allen and Brander had the same coaches and development opportunities? But doesn't every player get a medal or it would not be fair?

Not insider but development programme worked for Allen. So poor development can’t be used as an excuse. At end of day it’s up to him to develop himself to bypass Allen, darling etc for KPP role.

To be honest, he could have also had waterman’s third tall role. He is bigger, faster and more mobile. Waterman also played at times on wing. And yet waterman was preferred.

I'm home sick, so as you do, I thought why not try do a list analysis.

Approach
The approach I used was to:
- give all our players a rating
- use an age/performance curve to forecast how player's ratings will change in the next couple of years
- feed the info into charts to show how we look in the next couple of years

No doubt no one will have the same view on ratings, or on the curve I used. But that probably isn't the point. More just to see what we need on our list in a couple of years.

Summary of what I think we need
We have 8 spare spots. Assuming that we fill 7 of them this off-season, my take from the charts is that we need:
- 1 young tall defender
- 1 young tall forward
- 1 mature-age ruck
- 1 young small/medium defender
- 3 mids

Charts

Notes:
- the dots on each players line is their age and rating in July of 2022, 2023 and 2024.
- the shaded red bit is just to try and show the likelihood that players will drop off or retire
- I've probably made mistakes like forgetting someone or having someone twice or something. I'll try to edit if needed.

Tall defenders
KPD.jpg

Small/medium defenders

Defs.jpg

Mids

Mids.jpg

Rucks

Rucks.jpg

Small/medium forwards

Fwds.jpg

Tall forwards

Key fwds.jpg