David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys should have heard Kochies speech at the insider day about co-captains. Wowee that sure was some "we know better than you" self important garbage.
I'm glad I chose not to go this year unlike last year for that reason. He can spin anything his way, it's how he's made a living. But it won't work at Alberton anymore. I feel he knows it, and that's why he's been so quiet this year. We aren't buying his bullshit anymore.

Kochie liked this tweet because he too has made something beautiful look truly ordinary

Chairman Moi has enquired re a supporting role in the series, considering he will soon be ‘stateless’ as far as PAFC is concerned and will have a real feel for the plot.

Like everything out of the club these days, I really don't believe their numbers on this.

I do.

Our profit from home games is derived from an apportioned split of club partners across 11 games plus a portion of F&B spend.

Our profit from China game is all derived from specific partners/sponsors for that game. The contribution by attendance would be negligible.

There’s also the impact of diminishing setup costs and operational efficiencies kicking in.

I do.

Our profit from home games is derived from an apportioned split of club partners across 11 games plus a portion of F&B spend.

Our profit from China game is all derived from specific partners/sponsors for that game. The contribution by attendance would be negligible.

There’s also the impact of diminishing setup costs and operational efficiencies kicking in.

Oh I for sure don't doubt we get raped at home games I hate the SMA. I doubt our rubbery figures we spout in the media when it comes to the China game and money it makes.

We should start a count for every time this stupid fool refers to our club as "little old" or "battler" or "working class".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

+1 in one of those Roving Damo vids.
He is surely doing it on purpose now. The club would monitor this board and would see that it is driving people insane. He seems like the sort of person who would take some delight in annoying his detractors.

He is surely doing it on purpose now. The club would monitor this board and would see that it is driving people insane. He seems like the sort of person who would take some delight in annoying his detractors.
Roving reporter is a position tailor-made for annoying people. You must be one to be good at the job...

Does the SMA/SANFL have their finger in the China pie at all?

We lose money having 35k crowds at Adelaide Oval, yet are set to make 500k from a probable 10k crowd?
How do we lose money at AO?

We have to cover SMA game day costs, but we get 1/11th of memberships sold per game, because if we gave up a home game we would have to sell a membership for 1/11th less than now, we sell advertising, corporate boxes, signage, game day pre match functions, rent out 100 people room ONE in the Riverbank stand and we get $2.40 per attendee on game day. Give up a game AO and we give up about $1.5m-$1.8m plus we would have to compensate the SMA, ok we don't have to compensate them for game day costs, but probably compensation of around $500k maybe more depending on how much they want to get back for providing 1 less game to the corporate revenue streams they have 100% of.

So just because the cash we might collect from game day tickets collected at the gate or via ticketek is less than the amount of game day expenses, it doesn't mean we lose money on the game.

The game in China loses money before Mr Gui writes his underwrite cheque. The dodgy $500k Koch says it earns, is from sponsorship gained as a result of the game, over and above what game day partners contribute, you know all those commission deals we are doing, China Power club membership fees, some new sponsors like Haneco Lighting who sponsor the club plus the China game. The club will keep it all opaque until they have a big clear number to announce and they can say its coming from X. Until it can point to a major sponsorship from a Chinese firm like Hisene, it will struggle to show it makes money out of playing games in China. Or the club gets State Net to help pay for the Alberton Oval redevelopment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Koch is trying to be the Jimmy Barnes of AFL Club Presidents, maybe we should go for the real thing rather than the vanilla version.

Can we change the thread title to David Koch & The Ever Smaller and More Working Class Club
I’d make it: DAVID KOCH & THE LITTLE VANILLA BLUE-COLLAR CLUB FROM THE SWAMPS.

‘Blue-collar’ automatically implies working-class.

+1 in one of those Roving Damo vids.
That video is what triggered my post.

It was as though it was scripted. How much crap can I spew in one sentence to make myself sound Port Adelaide enough. Little old PA, magpie, prison bar, SANFL all in the one incoherent sentence.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It was as though it was scripted. How much crap can I spew in one sentence to make myself sound Port Adelaide enough. Little old PA, magpie, prison bar, SANFL all in the one incoherent sentence.

The lofty heights of a pass mark is all this "little working class club" strives for these days & in that limiting embarrassing self description from the Prez it's subconsciously soul destroying.

These people are not winners they are all small time & damaging the brand.

I’d be fascinated to know what happened in 2017. Koch and Ken clearly weren’t getting along (still don’t?) ostensibly because Kochie publicly applied some pressure and Ken had a sook about expectations. What I’d like to know is the role KT the piece maker played. Did Koch want to cut the cord and KT talk him down?

The board brought Kochie to heel with regard to making public statements relating to the football dept.

I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Ken gets boned at some point this season. I suspect one of KT or Koch will follow him out the door and if I were betting it wouldn’t be on our big headed overlord.

While the AFL continue to pull the strings, they won’t allow Kochie to leave.

They don’t want to upset the apple cart.

Last edited:
The board brought Kochie to heel with regard to making public statements relating to the football dept.

Yeah the AFL aren't going to bone or allow the boning of a star personality of their broadcast partner.

Yeah Koch will get to leave when he wants to, unless there is a massive upheaval that there is nowhere for the AFL to go on stopping it happen.

The lofty heights of a pass mark is all this "little working class club" strives for these days & in that limiting embarrassing self description from the Prez it's subconsciously soul destroying.

These people are not winners they are all small time & damaging the brand.
I bloody cringe every time our bloody Chairman says ... "little working class club"
Why the bloody hell cant he say .. The Oldest Club in South Australia. and build us up.

Fun fax 4 kotchie

We're not little. We have one of the biggest memberships in the all and regular home game attendances

OK, we're old.

Working class. Well if we are, we're chaired by the antithesis of working class right now. Also we pay... And play like... Millionaires half the time.

Port Adelaide. Is who we are, and you're probably the most unportadelaide chair/prez we've had, ever.

On X9009 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I bloody cringe every time our bloody Chairman says ... "little working class club"
Why the bloody hell cant he say .. The Oldest Club in South Australia. and build us up.
That is not how the Port Adelaide Football club rolls under the current administration. The strategy from the chairman of the board down to the coaches is to lower expectations so that the members and supporters come to accept mediocrity without question.

We're just a little old suburban working class club
You can't win every game
Someone has to lose
We've got a long way to go to be as good as [almost every other club in the AFL]
We seen how good [today's opponent] can be

exactly . People on BF won’t accept just how much control the AFL still have over us.
Still it is good to hear the board have some balls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back