David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch is the head pig from Animal Farm. Tells the proles what he thinks they want to hear but in reality it’s all about self aggrandisement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish he could say things we want to hear...

I gave Koch a chance. I knew that he was years away from comprehending Port's culture and sounded a bit pompous but I wanted to believe he would quickly learn and be one of the best chairman we've had. Not to be though. He believes Ken's excuses for our losses.

I wish he could say things we want to hear...
If he loved the club and it's traditions, what we stand for and understood the supporter base like he says he does, then the right words spewing from his mouth would come naturally, meaning he would be saying what we are thinking and Ken would never have gotten an extension.

Last edited:
I've been a Koch defender, but unless he starts making moves very very soon then I'll quickly jump fence.
I am here since yesterday, but last season was enough for me. The more I think about, the more it seems Koch has reached his ceiling. I am certain he would love to give us more than he actually does. I don't believe he is capable of doing it, though.

In time Butters will become an excellent pest. He already has the mouth, now he just needs a body to back it up.

Not with these coaches he wont. The Ken-Voss-bASSett game plan doesnt have room for that.
One of two things will happen.
He will have a few good games and show huge potential, and then regress and then leave like Wingard. We will blame an external factor like Fortnite instead without questioning why he regressed on field and socially amongst his team mates.

He will become complacent and another wasted talent on our list, who will be championed by fans for sticking out the hard times, and he too will eventually leave.
In fact Rozee will probably leave first if things dont change.

I’d be fascinated to know what happened in 2017. Koch and Ken clearly weren’t getting along (still don’t?) ostensibly because Kochie publicly applied some pressure and Ken had a sook about expectations. What I’d like to know is the role KT the piece maker played. Did Koch want to cut the cord and KT talk him down?

I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Ken gets boned at some point this season. I suspect one of KT or Koch will follow him out the door and if I were betting it wouldn’t be on our big headed overlord.

Not with these coaches he wont. The Ken-Voss-bASSett game plan doesnt have room for that.
One of two things will happen.
He will have a few good games and show huge potential, and then regress and then leave like Wingard. We will blame an external factor like Fortnite instead without questioning why he regressed on field and socially amongst his team mates.

He will become complacent and another wasted talent on our list, who will be championed by fans for sticking out the hard times, and he too will eventually leave.
In fact Rozee will probably leave first if things dont change.

Nah both of those guys will be here long after Ken & Co are gone.

I am here since yesterday, but last season was enough for me. The more I think about, the more it seems Koch has reached his ceiling. I am certain he would love to give us more than he actually does. I don't believe he is capable of doing it, though.

Koch's street cred, complete lack of football club nous, and lack of basic decorum were exposed badly when he draped himself all over a clearly uncomfortable crow's chairman during the Walsh showdown, and he has gone backwards at a rate of knots ever since.

Showing that both clubs were in a world of pain over such a horrible situation is one thing, but hanging all over a much smaller man like an over enthusiastic 15 year old with his first gf was in my opinion stomach churning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Koch is just too easily hoodwinked by the optimism and rainbows of KT, it is at the stage though where he's gonna man up and see things for what they are.

Koch's judgement is definitely influenced by Ken's game stats. On two occasions, both on the back of those close losses to WC, Koch approached a group of supporters that I was standing amongst, at Alberton, and he said that we won all the stats and so Ken said that we shouldn't have lost those games. It is no wonder why Koch attacked the players and not the coach after that elimination final.

You guys should have heard Kochies speech at the insider day about co-captains. Wowee that sure was some "we know better than you" self important garbage.

just ******** back to you're little working class house
Koch and his "little working class suburban club" always makes me think of Collingwood and Richmond. Two clubs from little working class suburbs that have both made an AFL Grand Final in the time that Koch has been El Supremo at Ports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back