Grand Slam Day 15- Mens Final - Australian Open 2024

Wh will win their First Aussie Open Title

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Italian fans coming out of the woodwork now even though Sinner looks about as Italian as Medvedev.

All the extra court time took it's toll on Medvedev in the end, a great start from him but once he lost the 3rd set he was cooked.

Credit to Sinner though, he looks like a rising star in tennis.

While I am annoyed at the result and am disappointed for Daniil, if he wasn’t such a passive player he probably wins this tournament. He had to grind out wins vs Ruusuvuori, Hurkacz, Zverev. Opting, especially against Zverev, to take their legs. Well, now you’re the one with no legs in the final. We see what your aggressive tennis does and it was outstanding for the first 90 minutes, but ultimately you ran out of gas due to spending it unnecessarily playing your dire brand of tennis.
He’s so bizarre.
He has the power to go after 3 sets but prefers to grind players as if it’s a Russian thing. Just finish him off already

While I am annoyed at the result and am disappointed for Daniil, if he wasn’t such a passive player he probably wins this tournament. He had to grind out wins vs Ruusuvuori, Hurkacz, Zverev. Opting, especially against Zverev, to take their legs. Well, now you’re the one with no legs in the final. We see what your aggressive tennis does and it was outstanding for the first 90 minutes, but ultimately you ran out of gas due to spending it unnecessarily playing your dire brand of tennis.
dropping a set to Nuno Borges wasnt great either. He had a healthy lead in the 3rd set IIRC. another 40 mins he didn't need to play.

I dont think Medvedev was at his best all tournament. Unlike Sinner, who barely dropped a set

Gosh I feel for Medvedev, three times a bridesman at the AO still not as bad as Murray though. I also feel like there is no love for him.

This time has changed that.

Great tournament, knocked out the prick Zverev, lots of fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Italian fans coming out of the woodwork now even though Sinner looks about as Italian as Medvedev.
Such a s**t call. How many Australians look Australian? What looks Australian?

He's from the far north of Italy, a German speaking town. Ask sinner what his nationality is and which country he represents.

This. I want to cheer for Medvedev but he is just so frustrating to follow/support sometimes.

dropping a set to Nuno Borges wasnt great either. He had a healthy lead in the 3rd set IIRC. another 40 mins he didn't need to play.

I dont think Medvedev was at his best all tournament. Unlike Sinner, who barely dropped a set

Yup
98% holding serve before today.

Med did brilliantly to change that, then 1 BP in sets 3-5, Sinner shut the gate.

What are Italians supposed to look like?
I mean he is from a region that speaks German and tried to become part of Austria.

It's like saying Kyrgios isn't Aussie because of his Greek name though

Ended up being a great final. Weirdly even though he lost the second breaking Med late in the second was where it changed. Longernit went the more Sinner was winning.

Fantastic tournament overall women’s winner was fairly obvious and if Novak wasn’t winning it was always likely going to be Sinner.

Missed the 4th set though have been really tired today

Back