Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no such thing as a deal being bad for both parties

Also not sure where you got F1 from though
I assumed you were suggesting a first rounder was somehow involved in a trade for DGB, otherwise why would Hawks be interested? He doesn't want to leave.

Brockman being walked to the draft is a silly suggestion. Not only is it a poor way to do business, but he's a 21 year old player with quality AFL games under his belt and loads of talent. Someone would pick him up in the 30s.

Way more than a club would be willing to give up personally.

With where we are at with our rebuild we are much better off just holding him next year and hoping he starts to deliver on his potential. Selling him at his lowest point would be silly
You say WE but you list you are a Tassie side follower now

Totally our fault, pick 6 should always, and I mean ALWAYS BE TRADED. In over 40 years of the draft Jack Ma Rae is the only B+ grader or better to go at pick 6. Next best are players like Rohan, Wingard then drops to J Stephenson K Bradley and Myers.

Allen Jakovich was a pick 6 and a gun, but only played 50 odd games.
Jack Macrae the three time all Australian B+? :smile:

Not sure I get this line of thinking.

Changing clubs isn't going to magically put 8 kilos to his frame to play as a KPP or improve his tank to play 3rd tall. He's out of the best 22 not because of ability (or lack thereof) but because his body isn't AFL standard yet.

He's out of favour now but the club has big wraps on him in the future. No point to cut him now when his value would be at an all time low and he has stated he is happy to stay at the club.
That means nothing these days

I assumed you were suggesting a first rounder was somehow involved in a trade for DGB, otherwise why would Hawks be interested? He doesn't want to leave.

Brockman being walked to the draft is a silly suggestion. Not only is it a poor way to do business, but he's a 21 year old player with quality AFL games under his belt and loads of talent. Someone would pick him up in the 30s.
The other hawks fan suggested it to be around his worth

PSD

Eagles can literally sit on pick 52 and wait for it to be accepted or take him PSD and use 52 in points if need be to move up

Overpaying when not required is silly business and i honeslty dont think 45 is too far off the mark which 52 would become close to after bids

Hes OOC and hawks have zero leverage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon DGB is just a slow developer who with a little more size, experience and belief, will make a fine player.
The problem is he doesn't have the size and doesn't have endurance. Not a great combination 3 years in

There is some sort of good player in there but how long does it take to get him there

The other hawks fan suggested it to be around his worth

PSD

Eagles can literally sit on pick 52 and wait for it to be accepted or take him PSD and use 52 in points if need be to move up

Overpaying when not required is silly business and i honeslty dont think 45 is too far off the mark which 52 would become close to after bids

Hes OOC and hawks have zero leverage
Right then it is settled. brockman goes for pick 1 in one of the drafts. We have found consensus. Well done Sir.😉

If Hawthorn acquire McKay would that maybe indicate to DGB or maybe make him ponder a new club?
DGB is a forward.
Obi Wan Mind GIF by Star Wars

Has he been tried in that position?
Yes ,he has, both at VFL and AFL level. Real mixed bag, and it is unclear if hawthorn actually think he could be a forward or are just trying to develop skills.

I really hope we keep the faith. There is a player there and he will be ready by the time we are ready to compete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back