Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s hard to imagine the Hawks would be shopping him around. If they are, I hope the Swans are looking. He’d be a great get and could explode in a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if we did land McKay why would we let him go dirt cheap? Is contract, no incentive to let him go.
There is probably a point where hawks are happy to let him go depending on return

What that is, im not sure?

Not saying hawks should let him go, but they dont seem to rate him suer highly right now and he wont cut it as a forward

There is probably a point where hawks are happy to let him go depending on return

What that is, im not sure?

Not saying hawks should let him go, but they dont seem to rate him suer highly right now and he wont cut it as a forward
Oh I agree, he isn’t some untouchable or anything. personally the price for me is lower than other Hawks fans. I’m not at all convinced on him. But it makes it so hard to justify a trade on either side.

You don’t invest such a high price and just give him away this early. But I don’t see any other team willing to part with significant currency to tempt us.

I think it’s far more likely he comes back and we hope with another full pre season his body allows him to show some of his raw talent.

Oh I agree, he isn’t some untouchable or anything. personally the price for me is lower than other Hawks fans. I’m not at all convinced on him. But it makes it so hard to justify a trade on either side.

You don’t invest such a high price and just give him away this early. But I don’t see any other team willing to part with significant currency to tempt us.

I think it’s far more likely he comes back and we hope with another full pre season his body allows him to show some of his raw talent.
Would you take a early 2nd round pick? Maybe even a future early second round pick?

Would you take a early 2nd round pick? Maybe even a future early second round pick?
I think we would have to strongly consider it. If he doesn’t show much next year and is OOC we get minimum chips. An f2 is a strategic asset either to trade back in this year after matching our FS bid, or because crows and lions have first round FS players next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can not speak for the club but i would, probably prefer a future as we have a father son that would eat up that pick. It is around the right sort of value for me to consider it but not sure we would be getting any offers that high on exposed form.

What would you need pick number?

What would you need pick number?
Like I said it’s made harder because of our father son bid, assuming we can flip the pick in to either moving up in the draft or for something else I would say maybe anything inside 25. Maybe 30 at worst. Anything less and I’d like to just back him in.

I’m saying that if I was another club I wouldn’t be parting with a top 30 pick for him.

Like I said it’s made harder because of our father son bid, assuming we can flip the pick in to either moving up in the draft or for something else I would say maybe anything inside 25. Maybe 30 at worst. Anything less and I’d like to just back him in.

I’m saying that if I was another club I wouldn’t be parting with a top 30 pick for him.
Well would you do

Eagles F2 and F3
For
Hawks F2 and DGB?

Youd have to think Eagles F2 will be close to 19/20

Well would you do

Eagles F2 and F3
For
Hawks F2 and DGB?

No because it is overly likely we spend another year down the bottom getting the require 20 more games into our young players before we spike so that would value him mid 30s at best. Throw in 35 and 38 we add brockman and done deal!

No because it is overly likely we spend another year down the bottom getting the require 20 more games into our young players before we spike so that would value him mid 30s at best. Throw in 35 and 38 we add brockman and done deal!
If im eagles id do

F2, 33 and F3
For
F2, DGB and Brockman

As my final offer and say otherwise we speak again in 12 months time

And dont expect anymore than a 4th for Brockman

Well would you do

Eagles F2 and F3
For
Hawks F2 and DGB?

I wouldn’t because we are a few injuries away from that potentially being basically an F3 for DGB. Would be willing to lose him for next to nothing the following year if it came to it.

If im eagles id do

F2, 33 and F3
For
F2, DGB and Brockman

I think that deal is pretty bad for both parties. Eagles giving away their future 1st (likely pick 1) is bad business.

Hawthorn trading a contracted DGB without even knowing the value of the pick they're getting in return is also bad business.

I think that deal is pretty bad for both parties. Eagles giving away their future 1st (likely pick 1) is bad business.

Hawthorn trading a contracted DGB without even knowing the value of the pick they're getting in return is also bad business.
There is no such thing as a deal being bad for both parties

Also not sure where you got F1 from though

If im eagles id do

F2, 33 and F3
For
F2, DGB and Brockman

That’s pretty close it’s a bit unders on DGB. Throw in 38 with our f4 back and I sign. 29,33 give us a great hand for the suns r1 pick with our f1 the actual target. 38/48 allow matching McCabe and hopefully Tew Jiath.

That’s pretty close it’s a bit unders on DGB. Throw in 38 with our f4 back and I sign. 29,33 give us a great hand for the suns r1 pick with our f1 the actual target. 38/48 allow matching McCabe and hopefully Tew Jiath.
No, see you in 12 months

Pick 57 for Brockman or we walk him, or the deal above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back