Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I get this line of thinking.

Changing clubs isn't going to magically put 8 kilos to his frame to play as a KPP or improve his tank to play 3rd tall. He's out of the best 22 not because of ability (or lack thereof) but because his body isn't AFL standard yet.

He's out of favour now but the club has big wraps on him in the future. No point to cut him now when his value would be at an all time low and he has stated he is happy to stay at the club.
Your talking from the Hawk's perspective... so not surprising you don't get it! ;)

If I were Denver, I would see the writing on the wall that I'm not going to be best 22 at the Hawks as not going to be played ahead of Sicily, so best finding a club where I may be best 22.

Your talking from the Hawk's perspective... so not surprising you don't get it! ;)

If I were Denver, I would see the writing on the wall that I'm not going to be best 22 at the Hawks as not going to be played ahead of Sicily, so best finding a club where I may be best 22.

There's a KPD/KPF sized hole in our list that I'm sure Denver is putting his eyes on.

That might be why he's happy to stick around and the club is happy to keep him. The opportunity is there.

There's a KPD/KPF sized hole in our list that I'm sure Denver is putting his eyes on.

That might be why he's happy to stick around and the club is happy to keep him. The opportunity is there.
He's never going to be a key position player though!

He needs to think about what's best for his future...

Disagreed.

Think he's doing the right thing in any case. Back yourself in rather than take the easy way out.

Noah Long, Rueben Ginbey and Rhett Bazzo were all teenagers when we played Hawthorn. Maybe get your facts straight when calling people out.

Chesser and Hough had barely turned 20 at that stage too in that game.

Jack Williams,
Elijah Hewett, Ryan Maric are all teenagers and have been regulars for us this year too, plus Culley who was b22 before he went down with an acl.
Cant expect a team with 9-10+ teenagers on the field each week to be very competitive in the AFL

When Hawthorn flogged you you had 2 teenagers,
He was replying to the above , which means he was one off (3instead of 2) big deal
still no where near full as shite as your fellow poster blatantly Lying to make his argument sound legit.

You then go on yourself to start dribbling rubbish about 2 Blokes who were “nearly teenagers” but not actually…one of which ,chesser ,was hardly playing every week , likewise Williams who only got some games towards the end of the season.. then mention culley- who cares ,he was injured for most of the year and thus wasn’t playing every week ….FACTS.

So nothing Spook mentioned was inherently false, just your delusion.

Your teams playing s**t because your team IS s**t (whether teenagers , veterans or whoever is playing)
Best you get your head around this fact for the next few years.

Noah Long, Rueben Ginbey and Rhett Bazzo were all teenagers when we played Hawthorn. Maybe get your facts straight when calling people out.

Chesser and Hough had barely turned 20 at that stage too in that game.

Jack Williams, Elijah Hewett, Ryan Maric are all teenagers and have been regulars for us this year too, plus Culley who was b22 before he went down with an acl.
Lol, i will quote it again “a team with 9-10+ teenagers on the field each week”

He was replying to the above , which means he was one off (3instead of 2) big deal
still no where near full as shite as your fellow poster blatantly Lying to make his argument sound legit.

You then go on yourself to start dribbling rubbish about 2 Blokes who were “nearly teenagers” but not actually…one of which ,chesser ,was hardly playing every week , likewise Williams who only got some games towards the end of the season.. then mention culley- who cares ,he was injured for most of the year and thus wasn’t playing every week ….FACTS.

So nothing Spook mentioned was inherently false, just your delusion.

Your teams playing s**t because your team IS s**t (whether teenagers , veterans or whoever is playing)
Best you get your head around this fact for the next few years.
Campbell Chesser, Brady Hough, Noah Long, Rhett Bazzo, Rueben Ginbey, Ryan Maric, Jack Williams and Elijah Hewett

8 kids who all played a minimum of 10 games this year

get over it

It isn't his frame holding him back from games it's his tank. He is not best 22 at any club in the league at the moment because he can not run out 4 quarters at close to a high level. He needs to work on that before worrying about anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell Chesser, Brady Hough, Noah Long, Rhett Bazzo, Rueben Ginbey, Ryan Maric, Jack Williams and Elijah Hewett

8 kids who all played a minimum of 10 games this year

get over it
I checked. For the first 12 or so rounds WC averaged about 2.5 teenagers a game. Rounds 15 to 20 about 5. One game they had 6 and one 7. For the last four games it was down to under 4 again.

We got 2 flags out of his potential, how many did you get again?

9793a7601560b6218d0f5e0a1ea1154f.jpg

I checked. For the first 12 or so rounds WC averaged about 2.5 teenagers a game. Rounds 15 to 20 about 5. One game they had 6 and one 7. For the last four games it was down to under 4 again.
Chuck in the kids who started the year as teenagers and see what happens. Calling those those guys teenagers isn’t a stretch you know.

Seems you guys are a little defensive over the number of kids who’ve become regulars for us for some weird reason.

Chuck in the kids who started the year as teenagers and see what happens. Calling those those guys teenagers isn’t a stretch you know.

Seems you guys are a little defensive over the number of kids who’ve become regulars for us for some weird reason.
It might move your season average to 5?

Maybe if the OP could be edited from 9 or 10 teenagers week to 5 players 20 or under a week everyone would be happy.

Denver's best chance, in my opinion, is as the third tall forward. He can crash packs and take a contested grab. Thought he looked super promising in this role late in the season, particularly against Melbourne.

Our biggest issue from a list management perspective is who takes the number 2 spot?

Kosi might be traded, but is also probably more suited to what I just described about DGB.

Port are very keen.
Given their lack of picks & other supposed trades in, this will be interesting to watch.

Would have thought Port need key defenders not 3rd talls which they have plenty of.

We should follow Peter Bell’s lead…

Former top 10 pick contracted for another year. We will need a top 10 pick and a player to release him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back