Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he does indeed stay for less money on a contract taking him out to free agency.. wonder if that would that make him an unrestricted free agent straight away.... interesting
Yes it would.

No

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
He's not speaking on behalf of all Hawks fans. We already have the worst kick at goal in our team in the AFL (Langford), we don't need the second worst.

He's not speaking on behalf of all Hawks fans. We already have the worst kick at goal in our team in the AFL (Langford), we don't need the second worst.
Other than Wilson he's the best field kick in our side. Like Wilson his goalkicking isn't to the same standard. He's not awful but it's probably the area of his game he should be working on.

Huh? Smith is nowhere near one of the worst kicks at goal. His career accuracy is poor (Just above 50%) but when you're as hungry as he is you'll rack up a lot of points.

After the rumour today that Kelly has potentially been squeezed into GWS TPP for 2018, it leave Hopper and Smith out in the cold.

Seems Smith to GFC could be back on the radar.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the rumour today that Kelly has potentially been squeezed into GWS TPP for 2018, it leave Hopper and Smith out in the cold.

Seems Smith to GFC could be back on the radar.

Go Catters
Nah. Kellys gone i still think.
Hopper seems like he is def a Geelong player
Smith and Giants are 100k apart. Hopefully can come together on a deal.

Though thats an aweful lot of coin the Giants have to play with if those 3 go.

Nah. Kellys gone i still think.
Hopper seems like he is def a Geelong player

Though thats an aweful lot of coin the Giants have to play with if those 3 go.

i doubt you'd lose all 3. Cant see that happening. Keep Kelly and lose the other two. Lose Kelly and keep the other two. Dont think any need for all 3 to be gone.

Go Catters

i doubt you'd lose all 3. Cant see that happening. Keep Kelly and lose the other two. Lose Kelly and keep the other two. Dont think any need for all 3 to be gone.

Go Catters
Still have my fingers crossed for Smith.
Hopper and Kelly are gone from what im thinking.
If they stay then im a happy General but dont think they will.

Smith might well re-sign if he goes looking for better deals and finds none. I don't know if any other club is going to offer him $600k pa or more after his last two years.

Smith might well re-sign if he goes looking for better deals and finds none. I don't know if any other club is going to offer him $600k pa or more after his last two years.

I would expect geelong will as we have a need for his type of player.

Smith would be a huge coup for Geelong.

I do reasonably rate Murdoch, Guthrie and Duncan, but Smith has a little more x-factor and creativity than the others. Clubs nowadays crunch the numbers to make these things happen, and I'm sure they've done their homework.

Don't worry Bokonon_

Take a look at the gem form Nakia in the Deledio thread from last year.

Got some great sources obviously:drunk:

Why the * we were interested in such an injury prone player that age is beyond me, Ablett smells of the same failings, great if they can consistently get on the park, IF.

Help win a flag they say? good chance of being injured during finals campaign they forget.

Smith would be a huge coup for Geelong.

I do reasonably rate Murdoch, Guthrie and Duncan, but Smith has a little more x-factor and creativity than the others. Clubs nowadays crunch the numbers to make these things happen, and I'm sure they've done their homework.

Duncan has been better this year than anything Devon Smith has shown, averaging 29 possessions at 75% DE. Will be surprised if Duncan doesn't make the AA squad.

Duncan has been better this year than anything Devon Smith has shown, averaging 29 possessions at 75% DE. Will be surprised if Duncan doesn't make the AA squad.

Has been Geelongs 2nd best player this year in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back