Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a bit of the Vic Metro v Country game today - there are some decent kids running around in what I thought appeared to be a pretty high standard game. Players that I noted were Constable, Garner, Fogarty, Cerra, Rayner and Higgins from Vic Metro and Hunter Clark, Paton, Clavarino, O'Brien, Ling and Dow from Country.

Really liked O'Brien's kicking and play making from defence as a small defender. Paton is tough and disciplined as a mid sized defender and appeals too.

At the top end I can see why Rayner and Cerra are so highly rated. Absolute guns. Constable was particularly impressive today - lovely kicking skills and racked up a heap of the footy. Garner was excellent too - tough and highly skilled - he'll be a top 10 pick I'd say for sure.

I'm not convinced that Worpel will transfer his game to AFL level - he's a huge kid that can bully the undersized kids at this level but may lack the tricks at the next level up.

Not sure what names we'll get to choose from come draft time but I think there's some decent talent in the top 25-30 this year so we should have access to a decent kid with our first.
Garner and Cerra are all class. I Look forward to actually seeing them line up for an ER game once in a while. But Cerra was touted 2 years ago as a future AFL potential star.

Technically our captain was caught speeding during the pre-season so... He's obviously not a d*ckhead but I'm just saying, everyone makes mistakes.

Agree that nobody's perfect. Happy to deal with homegrown issues (and we've had a few over time), but don't rush to import more without some serious upside potential that fixes a key structural issue. If we're going to gamble on character, let's play for keeps and find a centre half forward with a violent background (or future). ;)

Liam Ryan is a must to replace Motlop if he jets off
And Garner is class must trade into the first round, Cocky, Parfitt, Garner is a mouthwatering prospect

Liam Ryan is a must to replace Motlop if he jets off
And Garner is class must trade into the first round, Cocky, Parfitt, Garner is a mouthwatering prospect

We would have a different 10-15 players each year with all the players you're thinking of bringing in and trading out.

Just make sure we draft Liam Ryan. Should have rookied him last year.

Kicked 40 goals in 16 games last year and has snagged 39 goals in 12 games so far at Subiaco in the WAFL. No way near AFL fitness levels last year but you really should back your fitness staff in ro get him right. High flying small forward with pace to burn.
Yeah, I mentioned him in an email to Wellsy last year. Has a lot of tricks.

Would love to get Nic Newman believe he's off contract.
He is another one I mentioned to Wellsy in an email, the year he was selected by the Swans. Was a top player in the VFL system before drafted. Plays a bit like Hibberd but attacks more.

They should be training O'Conner to play as an attacking HBF.

All the Irish players seem to adapt at that role the best, as they tend to play an attacking style usually running through the corridor.

All the successful ones were great HBFs - Kennelly, Hanley, Tuohy, and even Connor McKenna is looking the goods at the Dons.

Kicked 40 goals in 16 games last year and has snagged 39 goals in 12 games so far at Subiaco in the WAFL. No way near AFL fitness levels last year but you really should back your fitness staff in ro get him right. High flying small forward with pace to burn.
Gee... i looked up a bit about. Gee his stats look good. Worth getting him. Should be able to get him for a late pick. Have done good picking up a few players in there respectively state leg. Menagola and Taylor from the WAFL. Pods in VFL

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not convinced that Worpel will transfer his game to AFL level - he's a huge kid that can bully the undersized kids at this level but may lack the tricks at the next level up.
This is exactly how I felt about McCartin when I watched him play juniors.

Nothing that he's done at St Kilda has given me any reason to change my mind since.

I really think that we should be looking elsewhere.

Using only that approach we would not have seen in Geelong jumpers the likes of GAblett, Gwilliams , TMcGrath , BSanderson ... I'm saying that we don't exclude one particular avenue to finding.
I cant comment on Morgans or Doedees recent form ..but I will say many a kid is drafted on form against other u18 kids..meanwhile form in VFL and other state comps downgrade players.. surely the recent players we have drafted in from our VFL system shows that they are not just list cloggers , just because they are playing the lower level.
Its a balance ... Obviously Danger, Henderson , 2E all backup what you are saying but trade or not trade for a know player and pay thru the teeth for a poor performer and its probably a worse approach.. look at what the Pies have paid for Mayne. Now thats a list clogger and a cap clogger.
Don't forget Tom Harley mate. Our first Premiership captain in 44 years didn't begin his career with us.

There are always diamonds in the rough. You just need to be good enough to find them. When you do however, they're gold.

Yep, I thought he was worth selecting at last year's draft and if he's continued on his way then I'd definitely be looking at bringing him in this year. It's what we really lack at the moment.

This is exactly how I felt about McCartin when I watched him play juniors.

Nothing that he's done at St Kilda has given me any reason to change my mind since.

I really think that we should be looking elsewhere.
At the same time Sam Powell-Pepper came into AFL and started bullying grown men.

Maybe they need to add a test to the combine where you see just how tough an opponent you can bump off.

Hawkins scrapes in the top 10 for the top goal kickers in the AFL
After that we have an injury prone Menzel who looks like may be leaving
Then we have our ket midfielder Dangerfield.

It is obvious that our MAIN need is a KEY FORWARD.

Play Black if he is any good!

Draft to service this need next year!!!

He is very inconsistent.

I definitely agree we need a gun small/med fwd but he ain't it, not yet anyway.

Got a great burst of pace, can kick a big goal, and still very young I think. Has been in the team since he was drafted but seems to be really maturing now.

Will he keep getting better, or turn into a gun? I don't know, but have the feeling that he is growing into his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back