Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail had him interested in the saints, but not so now
Massive melb fan
But alas he does like a surf

he may well like salty water .. but I personally do not want a repeat of the Danger FA trade. ..and I doubt we can offer enough to get him as a FA . Funny how even a clubs form can affect the attractiveness to a player. I think Pure has mentioned , and id have to agree , that the only type of player we should be trading for would be KPP.

down at Torquay I presume.

Id concede that the Kelly talk is a bit silly .... but tell me how we get Gaff done. We do not have another 800 to spare ,Id say they would match 800 anyway and he most certainly could get more elsewhere

They'd probably match purely because they felt ripped off with the compensation they received for Scooter - and while not directly our fault as the AFL determines compensation, they may want something a little extra to sweeten the deal, and make up for their last loss of a RFA to us

We will see. I live in Perth so what i hear is a bit different to what you hear in Geelong..

That may be so.. im sure you hear more wc and freo stuff .... but that wafl comment devalues that. He will not be going back to wafl for some time..he is at the pointy end of the stats across the afl. His value is higher to us now than the draft pick he was taken with. Unless there is a significant reason , he will be here for two years min.

Last edited:
Why do people think Kelly will want to go home? Both WA sides have passed on him for years and Geelong gave him the chance to fullfill his AFL Dream, be surprised if he's not signed to a long term deal by the end of the season.

I doubt anyone wants him to go anywhere , but unlike most young players he is a family man and that situation has been used for a move numerous times to justify a return to home. I guess there is a tad of fear from the supporters.. being drafted one doesn't choose your location... if and when he signals he is happy here , wanting to extend... then Im sure all will be very relieved. As to being passed over ... all 18 clubs passed him over for years .. there is no doubt that WC were about to draft him but we got in before them.

I feel stupid even talking about it cause he's only 4 matches in.
But how many players ever want to leave Geelong to go home? F**k all!
Look at all the SA/WA boys on our list.
He's not a mummy's boy, he's an adult with kids and a trade under his belt.
It's not like you don't get any time off playing footy to visit home or your too strapped for cash to bring family/friends over for a holiday.

From today's Sun.
7df2749ca50c5c8d7b850769538d29ea.jpg
"i cant see him wanting to go home other than his whole family being back in Perth"

Did his manager really day that? Not good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the coming draft having some potentially elite talls taken early it could mean we could grab one from clubs at the bottom. North, Saints and Blues likely to finish bottom 4. They all have a bunch of talls on their list already. Likely we will miss on one through the draft but we could try for one already on their list.

With the coming draft having some potentially elite talls taken early it could mean we could grab one from clubs at the bottom. North, Saints and Blues likely to finish bottom 4. They all have a bunch of talls on their list already. Likely we will miss on one through the draft but we could try for one already on their list.

My post recently talked about that this approach may be the most value way to do it. ... but it depends on talent.. Some in this draft... (that we will not probably get to ) are superior talent wise.

We got to think outside the box for our forward line. Perfect example was adelaide. Lost tippet and walker was still developing. They strung together a bunch of off cuts from other teams and turned the forward into the best in the league.

They traded for an undervalued lead up forward in lynch. A cheap athletic tall who is a hard matchup in jenkins. Two small forwards in betts and Cameron. Drafted a marking medium forward in mcgovern.

We have a developing chf/ff in Sav. We have a medium marking forward in menzel. We are short on a good lead up forward. And probably 2 genuine afl quality small forwards. Hopefully fogarty can play that role for now. Ablett to a forward flank.

Players i would like at..
GWS Harry himmelberg - lead up forward. Moves very well, late developer. 194cm
Nth Melb Mason Wood - injured? Nearing his mid 20s now. Could be a component of a good forwardline.
GC Callum Achee - talented forward. May cost a bit to much though
WB Dahlhaus - rotate between small forward and midfield. Out of form so could be had cheap. Also a free agent.
Collingwood Fasolo - Dont think there is room for both fasolo and elliot in the same team as they are similar. Not a very likable bloke but can kick a bag on his day.
BL Paparone- leadup forward who has talent and would be cheap.
Carlton Jarrod Pickett- wells rated this kid bigtime in his draft. Has talent but hasnt come together for him yet.
Wayne milera - good talent. May be a bit expensive

Nth Melb Mason Wood - injured? Nearing his mid 20s now. Could be a component of a good forwardline.
WB Dahlhaus - rotate between small forward and midfield. Out of form so could be had cheap. Also a free agent.
Collingwood Fasolo - Dont think there is room for both fasolo and elliot in the same team as they are similar. Not a very likable bloke but can kick a bag on his day.
Carlton Jarrod Pickett- wells rated this kid bigtime in his draft. Has talent but hasnt come together for him yet.

No thanks to all Highlighted players and wouldn’t let me add Milera into Bold for some reason.

Fasolo will go West, surprised you haven’t heard that being from over there
Achee will go to SA if anywhere
Paparone is shocking
Dalhaus and Himmleberg we would take

I doubt anyone wants him to go anywhere , but unlike most young players he is a family man and that situation has been used for a move numerous times to justify a return to home. I guess there is a tad of fear from the supporters.. being drafted one doesn't choose your location... if and when he signals he is happy here , wanting to extend... then Im sure all will be very relieved. As to being passed over ... all 18 clubs passed him over for years .. there is no doubt that WC were about to draft him but we got in before them.
It was common knowledge Geelong would take him at pick 24 leading into the draft, if West Coast really wanted him they would have took him over Oscar Allen considering they had took Brander 6 picks earlier and were always taking Liam Ryan at pick 26, they clearly tried to get a steal at pick 32 and got burnt badly, their loss is now our gain.

Pipe dream but would love Alex Pearce from the Dockers.
200cm athletic Key Back who has recovered well from 2 broken legs.
Brilliant one on one and can attack when the opportunity is there , magnificent skills

Having said that I was on the Weitering bandwagon a few years ago so what would I know :)

No thanks to all Highlighted players and wouldn’t let me add Milera into Bold for some reason.

Fasolo will go West, surprised you haven’t heard that being from over there
Achee will go to SA if anywhere
Paparone is shocking
Dalhaus and Himmleberg we would take
Yeah i reckon himmleberg and dalhaus would be a good fit.

Pipe dream but would love Alex Pearce from the Dockers.
200cm athletic Key Back who has recovered well from 2 broken legs.
Brilliant one on one and can attack when the opportunity is there , magnificent skills

Having said that I was on the Weitering bandwagon a few years ago so what would I know :)
Weitering has plenty of time on his side I wouldn't write him off yet.

We got to think outside the box for our forward line. Perfect example was adelaide. Lost tippet and walker was still developing. They strung together a bunch of off cuts from other teams and turned the forward into the best in the league.

They traded for an undervalued lead up forward in lynch. A cheap athletic tall who is a hard matchup in jenkins. Two small forwards in betts and Cameron. Drafted a marking medium forward in mcgovern.

We have a developing chf/ff in Sav. We have a medium marking forward in menzel. We are short on a good lead up forward. And probably 2 genuine afl quality small forwards. Hopefully fogarty can play that role for now. Ablett to a forward flank.

Good on you for having a go at it.

That said, clearly you sit in on the porch in Perth yelling at the Crows and Cockys for a reason and Wells has his gig at GFC for the same - you are both good at what you do so stick to it.

Fasolo is a front running spud who has more tickets on himself than I have ban points ready to hand out. Flog of the highest order - but if he made the team better you could almost debate it - but he offers nothing other than Lindsay Thomas forward running for his own good. Is hungrier than Menegola in the forward 1/2 of the ground and does not chase or offer anything defensively. Work rate is pox IMO.

And Mackie would dead set, every day, ask him "who the * are you"? - and be right in doing it.

Go Catters

Good on you for having a go at it.

That said, clearly you sit in on the porch in Perth yelling at the Crows and Cockys for a reason and Wells has his gig at GFC for the same - you are both good at what you do so stick to it.

Fasolo is a front running spud who has more tickets on himself than I have ban points ready to hand out. Flog of the highest order - but if he made the team better you could almost debate it - but he offers nothing other than Lindsay Thomas forward running for his own good. Is hungrier than Menegola in the forward 1/2 of the ground and does not chase or offer anything defensively. Work rate is pox IMO.

And Mackie would dead set, every day, ask him "who the **** are you"? - and be right in doing it.

Go Catters
Hey im just throwing names out there for a discussion. Anyone can name all the superstars they want but thats not what we can afford. I never pretend to be a list manager i just enjoy discussing football like most people on here.

Fasolo averaged 1.5 goals a game last year and 2.1 goals a game the year before. He is no star but may be a cheap option. You are right about the defensive pressure 2-3 tackles a game isnt enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back