Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like Stanley, but would genuinely like a real tap ruckman on our list. Feeding our mids would improve us enormously

I think that's why the club looked at Goldstein and indications are others also

But if we are wanting a tap ruckman to better feed our midfielders, we need to look elsewhere to Ryder because Stanley has him beat in that area - only twice in his career has Ryder averaged more hitouts than what we got from Stanley the past couple of seasons, and I'd back in Stanley turning 29 before next season versus Ryder who will be 32 before next season to better compliment our midfielders.

If we could get a genuine top quality ruckman than I would part with a 1st round pick, but if the alternative isn't going to be better than what's on our list in Stanley, I'd back in Stanley to get the job done and hope that we draft a young ruck to develop

Stanley career ave:
1571021402521.png

Ryder career ave:
1571021437829.png

Attachments

• 1571021391487.png
    1571021391487.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 32

I could be wrong but im fairly sure Menegola and Narkle are both managed by Colin Young so if Hill indicates he is willing to come here they would know pretty well whether either is prepared to go back the other way.

Dont think we can afford Hill to be honest, think we have just been mentioned to give the Saints a hurry up.

Ryder is not coming here we have too many old rucks as it is.

And he ain't an improvement on what we have - why pay for a 32 yr old ruck who isn't going to make the team better?

Cheap backup. Nicholls retired and Crossley has a drug ban and they only have Witts and no other rucks. They want to keep King out of the ruck while he develops. He will be ready to retire in 2 years once they have hopefully brought in a young ruck. Also i doubt he wants much $.
They also need to improve their culture, and believe Smith will help in that respect.

But if we are wanting a tap ruckman to better feed our midfielders, we need to look elsewhere to Ryder because Stanley has him beat in that area - only twice in his career has Ryder averaged more hitouts than what we got from Stanley the past couple of seasons, and I'd back in Stanley turning 29 before next season versus Ryder who will be 32 before next season to better compliment our midfielders.

If we could get a genuine top quality ruckman than I would part with a 1st round pick, but if the alternative isn't going to be better than what's on our list in Stanley, I'd back in Stanley to get the job done and hope that we draft a young ruck to develop

Stanley career ave:
View attachment 764187

Ryder career ave:
View attachment 764188

Significant dropoff from Ryder this year, Stanley a much better option and much more mobile.

Paywall cant see it.

pass - don't want to become a retirement home for everyone looking to up their retirement funds

be nice to be linked to some young players for once - and we actually aren't even linked to Gray - Hawthorn the only team actually named even though they say "multiple Melbourne clubs" throughout the article

Robbie Gray appears certain to stay at Port Adelaide next year despite strong interest from Melbourne clubs and uncertainty about his future in recent weeks.

Multiple Melbourne clubs have inquired about the Port Adelaide star, who turns 32 next year and qualifies for unrestricted free agency.

Both his camp and Port Adelaide were today emphatic he would play at the Power next year.

He ran 3.218 which is quite slow and 9 for the agility test which indicates his acceleration and turning circle are on the slow side. 19.4 at the yoyo means his endurance needs work to play midfield. Yes he probably plays quicker in game because he reads the play well but he cant really be a mid unless he improves athletically and if all he does is kick kolo to the vfl i dont see that as worth a first round pick to us.

His break away pace is top end this kid is a SANFL star. Are you going to deny that for you fancies? See youtube U18 andSANFL.
Just like you said Worpel was no good also.

pass - don't want to become a retirement home for everyone looking to up their retirement funds

be nice to be linked to some young players for once - and we actually aren't even linked to Gray - Hawthorn the only team actually named even though they say "multiple Melbourne clubs" throughout the article

Robbie Gray is a superstar, I dont care about age the bloke is seriously skilled, would have no issues offering him 2 years.

Significant dropoff from Ryder this year, Stanley a much better option and much more mobile.

And while not necessarily massive disposals, if Stanley continues to average around 13/14 disposals per game it's more helpful to the midfield compared with a ruck averaging less than 10 disposals

I said it during the season when Ryder was mentioned as a potential option - I know we aren't necessarily all that rapt with Stanley, but the grass ain't aways greener

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His break away pace is top end this kid is a SANFL star. Are you going to deny that for you fancies? See youtube U18 andSANFL.
Just like you said Worpel was no good also.

If you go back you will find i wanted Worpel that year. If his pace is so good why did he run 3.2? Explain that to me.

Robbie Gray is a superstar, I dont care about age the bloke is seriously skilled, would have no issues offering him 2 years.

The suggestion in the article was 3-year offers from Melbourne clubs - not sure I'd be offering many 32 yr olds 3-yr deals

Paywall cant see it.

Stanley career ave:
View attachment 764187

Ryder career ave:
View attachment 764188
Ryder did play second ruck for a big part of this year to Lycett. Stats don't tell the whole story

If you go back you will find i wanted Worpel that year. If his pace is so good why did he run 3.2? Explain that to me.

He's a friggin footballer not a decathlete he knows how to win the football amongst 35 other blokes in confined space.
Just gets the thing and his disposal is first class.
He's damn fast on a footy field cose he gets a heck of a lot of it. Go figure!

He's a friggin footballer not a decathlete he knows how to win the football amongst 35 other blokes in confined space.
Just gets the thing and his disposal is first class.
He's damn fast on a footy field cose he gets a heck of a lot of it. Go figure!

They are all footballers so why did he test so much more poorly than the others? I would like to know your actual theory rather than shouting.

They are all footballers so why did he test so much more poorly than the others? I would like to know your actual theory rather than shouting.

This one's a star senior have you triedto figure out why?
So you base your success ratio on point 1 or 2 of a second in a test lab environment lol!!!
He's already a premiership player of star quality lol, you have no idea.
Like with Worpel.

Probably should have gone after him ourselves and offered him 3 years.

BIG HAWK SET TO JOIN BLUES
The Age is reporting that young Hawthorn big man Marc Pittonet is set to become a Blue on a two-year deal, a potential move first reported by AFL.com.au's Riley Beveridge. The 202cm ruckman was offered a new deal to stay at Waverley.

There is no way the trade period is too long.

You can't just ring a player, ask them if they're willing to move. "Oh and we need the answer now".
We tried that with SJ.

The only people that think it's too long are the impatient.

Or the media who are one and the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back