Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think post football life tells you all you need to know about that germ.

I still remember the look on his face when Dash knocked SOS into the next decade lte that season. Murphy almost went down the race with the Carl boys that day
I was at that game with my mum
Sitting up stairs in the grand stand behind the bench and quiet vividly remember it was the first time I swore in front of my mum at someone getting into my mum for clapping
I also remember going into the rooms after the day and I was told by a club Physio at the time “family friend” that Cam and Jason Mooney walked dasher to the car.
Not sure how true that was

He was a flog.
Yeah, it takes a special breed to get racially abused by your home fans. Will never forget that out on the Moorabool Street wing. Not that him being a complete flog excuses racism but it not often do you get abused by your own team's fans. Must have been at least 50 people dishing it out to him while he was playing for us.

Jon Ralph did his trade q&a today - these were his responses to questions involving Geelong:

Q. Thoughts on a trade involving Carlton trading their first pick to Geelong for a combination of two of their first three. Carlton can then send one of those to Essendon for Saad

A. I like it a lot. Geelong has 11, 15 and 16. So you would have to do some late stuff to balance out the points. But in your heart of heart 11 makes more sense for Saad than pick 7. they will all be shuffled back a bit, but it gives Wellsy a chance to get into the elite picks. Just not sure given his record if he would trade 2 for 1 given he often likes players others don't. So he might back himself to take 3 early picks knowing the players he likes are still there in the late teens

Q. Hi Ralphy, Do you think Collingwood will look to trade Tom Phillips for an extra pick or could he be used as a sweetener to get Jack Gunston from Hawthorn?

A. Mark, I think Collingwood would trade Tom Phillips in a heartbeat. They wanted to trade him to Geelong last year, he didn't want go, and now he's lost real currency. He is still contracted and has been pushed to half forward. But I thought the writing was on the wall for him and he should have left. Now the Cats won't have the money for him and don't need him with Menegola playing so well on the wing. I reckon any spare money the Pies have they should retain Mihocek, who we wrote this week still hasn't been offered a deal that is big enough for him to stay. The Josh Daicos talks are going well so that's a positive. He isn't going anywhere.

Q. Is Narkle on Brisbane's radar?

A. I don't think so, because they will get Nakia Cockatoo. I asked a couple of weeks ago and he was trying to get another deal to stay at Geelong. But maybe more interest will emerge in him.

Q. What would be a fair return for North by trading Higgins to Geelong?

A. I think a player like Charlie Constable. Get someone who is a chance to play 100 games for your club. Realistically given he's going to be 33 by March you could only ask for a mid-40s pick or later. They only gave up pick 58 for Zac Smith. Would the Cats want to give up much more in return

Q. Is Jordan Clark gettable from the Cats? Is he happy over there? Would love to see WCE go after him. Put up Cole or Nelson (former Geelong Falcons boy) in a trade.

A. I think he's gettable. I know Geelong will say he's a high pick and they would never let him go but surely at the right price. I know WA clubs are keen. He's only two seasons in and he's not been able to get a game and it's early doors. But any young kids not getting regular footy get impatient these days.

Q. How can any club offer the payments for players from other clubs without knowing what their salary cap will be?

A. The salary cap might only dip 10 per cent at most next year. So if you are Carlton you have the most room in the cap of any teams and are prepared to offer 800K a year and just absorb the blow if the cap comes down, or you put a clause in his contract saying he might only get $720K next year if the cap shrinks 10 per cent. I don't know what they have done but I think he will likely get his 800K.

I did eye roll at his response to Clark - he played 18 games last year, and this year he's battled with injuries & form issues, which is why he's only played 3 games. If he sticks around I expect we see him on a more regular basis next season

For those wanting to read the full thing - https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/e0f33d6c732fc1c464d920aa6fa2dbf6

If we get Cameron does that mean Jenkins delisted and Ratagolea has to make it as a ruckman and Kreuger as a defender or do we trade them out.

i think Jenkins isn’t far off retirement, can see him sticking around in 2021, might get a few cameo appearances. As for Sav, wouldn’t lose sleep if he were to leave IF we do indeed bring in Cameron.

Q. Is Narkle on Brisbane's radar?

A. I don't think so, because they will get Nakia Cockatoo. I asked a couple of weeks ago and he was trying to get another deal to stay at Geelong. But maybe more interest will emerge in him.

giphy.gif

If we trade Chook for Higgins then the Cats have jumped the shark, seriously.
Chook for Crouch? Sure. Not happy to see a young potential player go but atleast Crouch has years left, Higgins is 33 FFS, and if we continue down this path of constantly grabbing 30+ year old players then what message is that telling new recruits? That if you want to play AFL ask for a trade to another club?

Cole or Nelson for Clark!!!!! LOL
I love opposition fans: "We rate Player X from opposition club extremely highly and see him as part of our team for the next 10 year!"

Us: Ok cool, so what will you offer in trade value for a player to rate so highly?

Opp Fans: oh, well you can have these spuds that we don't rate. Surely it's not fair that we actually have to pay a fair price, because you know like we just don't want to do that

Us: .............

Jon Ralph did his trade q&a today - these were his responses to questions involving Geelong:

I did eye roll at his response to Clark - he played 18 games last year, and this year he's battled with injuries & form issues, which is why he's only played 3 games. If he sticks around I expect we see him on a more regular basis next season

For those wanting to read the full thing - https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/e0f33d6c732fc1c464d920aa6fa2dbf6

The Clark one is weird. He was literally best 22 for us and bound to plays finals until Smith injured him at training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we dropped from 19 to 26, with which we took Parfitt, who's played 56 games. The players 'missed' [but would the Cats have taken them?] were Tim English (Dogs @ 19, 44 games), Isaac Cumming (GWS, 10 games), Will Hayward (Swans, 53 games), Jordan Ridley (Essendon, 26 games), Alex Witherden (Lions, 55 games), Cedric Cox (Lions, 20 games), and Ben Long (St Kilda, 30 games). I'm taking Parfitt ... so far ...
Nah we got Parfitt with one of the two picks we got out of the Caddy trade (the other pick landed us Narkle)

We took Lachie Fogarty with the pick swap we got out of Carlton, which ended up being #22 after academy bids. The pick we gave up ended up in Brisbanes hands and they took Jarrod Berry.

The Clark one is weird. He was literally best 22 for us and bound to plays finals until Smith injured him at training.

Clark rumours have come out of nowhere. Was best 22 last year, played lots of footy, his injury has set him back a bit. Why would he want to leave and why would Geelong agree to trade him?

Not happening.

cats_09 did we know about Phillips or is that new news?
I can’t remember him being talked about
No idea - maybe he was the mystery mid being mentioned...

I think I can vaguely remember something but couldn't give any in depth detail. I posted it hoping someone else may be able to provide some detail

If we trade Chook for Higgins then the Cats have jumped the shark, seriously.
Chook for Crouch? Sure. Not happy to see a young potential player go but atleast Crouch has years left, Higgins is 33 FFS, and if we continue down this path of constantly grabbing 30+ year old players then what message is that telling new recruits? That if you want to play AFL ask for a trade to another club?
Considering we normally give our players away for a late pick, getting Higgins really isn’t too bad considering we probably wouldn’t even use a late pick anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back