Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
I love opposition fans: "We rate Player X from opposition club extremely highly and see him as part of our team for the next 10 year!"

Us: Ok cool, so what will you offer in trade value for a player to rate so highly?

Opp Fans: oh, well you can have these spuds that we don't rate. Surely it's not fair that we actually have to pay a fair price, because you know like we just don't want to do that

Us: .............
McGovern for Parsons

From the same link as the Ralph trade q&a with the fans. But this was questions asked to the Fox Footy Jury Trade Edition: We asked two Fox Footy expert commentators in St Kilda champion Leigh Montagna and Hawthorn legend Jason Dunstall for their takes on five of the hottest trade topics.

IS IT A WORRY FOR GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY THAT JEREMY CAMERON STILL HAS NOT SIGNED A NEW DEAL?

LM:
I don’t think so, just because of the salary cap situation which we’re still a bit unsure on. I think we’re going to see players take more time post-season to weigh up their options and meet clubs. I think we’ve got to be a bit more accepting as an industry that this is going to be a little bit more the norm. I think we’re going down the path a little bit more now where the reality is players have a choice if they want to look around and assess their options and meet other clubs before they make a decision. We’re seeing it with Adam Saad and a few others. So I’ve got no issues with Jeremy Cameron taking his time either because he’s meeting other clubs or because he’s just waiting to get an accurate view of the lay of the land. He’s got every right to do that.

JD: I think there’s definitely cause for concern. The Giants just aren’t in a good place right now. There’s not enough things going right up there at the minute. It’s a pretty tough time for them. I hope he stays. They need all their players to recommit. It was a really tough year for the first-year skipper (Stephen Coniglio), they disappointed on-field as a general rule. With the amount of talent they have, too many players just haven’t performed. So next year is an absolutely critical year for the Giants and I would be very concerned if I was GWS and Jeremy Cameron hasn’t committed yet.

HAS JARED POLEC GOT A FUTURE AT A FOURTH AFL CLUB?

LM:
I think he does, but only just. He’s certainly on his last life and he has to be accepting of how long his AFL career goes for. I think a fourth club will take him, but it would be a tenuous sort of situation I would have thought.

JD: I think he probably does. He’s only 28 years old. I suspect he would fit in best at a team that’s competing in the finals that needs outside run and ball use. I think the Richmond game style would suit him and I could also see Geelong and West Coast fitting him into the mix. You’ve got a guy that runs hard and uses the ball pretty well. Maybe he’s not going to win enough of his own ball for a lot of people’s liking, but those sort of players exist in every team. The good teams have them and they use them to the best possible benefit.

---

So now that Dunstall has linked us to Polec will we see others running with that and adding him to the list of players that will potentially arrive at Geelong this off season?

From the same link as the Ralph trade q&a with the fans. But this was questions asked to the Fox Footy Jury Trade Edition: We asked two Fox Footy expert commentators in St Kilda champion Leigh Montagna and Hawthorn legend Jason Dunstall for their takes on five of the hottest trade topics.

IS IT A WORRY FOR GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY THAT JEREMY CAMERON STILL HAS NOT SIGNED A NEW DEAL?

LM:
I don’t think so, just because of the salary cap situation which we’re still a bit unsure on. I think we’re going to see players take more time post-season to weigh up their options and meet clubs. I think we’ve got to be a bit more accepting as an industry that this is going to be a little bit more the norm. I think we’re going down the path a little bit more now where the reality is players have a choice if they want to look around and assess their options and meet other clubs before they make a decision. We’re seeing it with Adam Saad and a few others. So I’ve got no issues with Jeremy Cameron taking his time either because he’s meeting other clubs or because he’s just waiting to get an accurate view of the lay of the land. He’s got every right to do that.

JD: I think there’s definitely cause for concern. The Giants just aren’t in a good place right now. There’s not enough things going right up there at the minute. It’s a pretty tough time for them. I hope he stays. They need all their players to recommit. It was a really tough year for the first-year skipper (Stephen Coniglio), they disappointed on-field as a general rule. With the amount of talent they have, too many players just haven’t performed. So next year is an absolutely critical year for the Giants and I would be very concerned if I was GWS and Jeremy Cameron hasn’t committed yet.

HAS JARED POLEC GOT A FUTURE AT A FOURTH AFL CLUB?

LM:
I think he does, but only just. He’s certainly on his last life and he has to be accepting of how long his AFL career goes for. I think a fourth club will take him, but it would be a tenuous sort of situation I would have thought.

JD: I think he probably does. He’s only 28 years old. I suspect he would fit in best at a team that’s competing in the finals that needs outside run and ball use. I think the Richmond game style would suit him and I could also see Geelong and West Coast fitting him into the mix. You’ve got a guy that runs hard and uses the ball pretty well. Maybe he’s not going to win enough of his own ball for a lot of people’s liking, but those sort of players exist in every team. The good teams have them and they use them to the best possible benefit.

---

So now that Dunstall has linked us to Polec will we see others running with that and adding him to the list of players that will potentially arrive at Geelong this off season?
No way, piss off! This is getting silly
No Polec, no

Clark rumours have come out of nowhere. Was best 22 last year, played lots of footy, his injury has set him back a bit. Why would he want to leave and why would Geelong agree to trade him?

Not happening.
Brent Moloney?

If thats turns out to be the case then its 100% about the money and not success and we dont need those type of players as they are more of a disruption than anything.

In saying that it sounds like Browne is just making sh*t up on the fly to get people talking, yesterday Cameron was talking to us now he is going to the bombers, not hard to start a rumor to make yourself feel important, McClure is the master of that.
If
Would love Cameron but if I were Cameron I'd chase the $$$ and go Essendon, it's probably his last chance to chase a massive contract offer given his age, he hasn't come from a cellar dweller club and wants a feel of footy finals like Lynch
Won’t win a flag at the bombers, every one is jumping off, no one would want to go there no matter what the cheque is! He does have a few mates there thou.

John Ralph and Damo are two “journalists” that simply try and invent the news. They are the king and queen. Every story starts with “I would” You’d think they would” etc etc.

At least some of the others try to be factual. That Ralph transcript was laughable. So many inaccuracies on basic details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris on Foxtel says Cameron is on a knifes edge now.

Says there is no way the Cats will be able to pay 1M to 1.1M but we have been in the hunt for a long time.

Jenkins is on no cash so he's probably safe as a backup.

Sav is safe as he's 22 and Hawkins is 32. He'll be 24 by the time Hawkins next contract ends and hopefully ready to take the reigns. Kreuger is in the same spot, he's only 21.
Krueger has been tried down back as well, is mobile. Hopefully he can develop into a swingman

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He hasn’t played a game yet, might be no good.
Didn’t Murphy come from Carlton then play 1 year and get traded back?
What happened there
The Milburn bump on Silvagni disgusted him.

Jon Ralph did his trade q&a today - these were his responses to questions involving Geelong:

I did eye roll at his response to Clark - he played 18 games last year, and this year he's battled with injuries & form issues, which is why he's only played 3 games. If he sticks around I expect we see him on a more regular basis next season

For those wanting to read the full thing - https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/e0f33d6c732fc1c464d920aa6fa2dbf6

Geelong has 11, 15 and 16. .... mmm how hard is it to get facts right ?

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 7.15.32 pm.png

The point would be not any benifit for us to trade 11 and 16 for 7.... way...way too much when 7 will probably balloon out to 10

If we trade Chook for Higgins then the Cats have jumped the shark, seriously.
Chook for Crouch? Sure. Not happy to see a young potential player go but atleast Crouch has years left, Higgins is 33 FFS, and if we continue down this path of constantly grabbing 30+ year old players then what message is that telling new recruits? That if you want to play AFL ask for a trade to another club?

How many games do we think Constable will play before being OOC if we bring in Crouch?

Tom Morris on Foxtel says Cameron is on a knifes edge now.

Says there is no way the Cats will be able to pay 1M to 1.1M but we have been in the hunt for a long time.
There gos our tier system ... guys go to clubs demand big money then are surprised when other are not happy or the clubs cant be successful? That sort reminds me of when Peake came in on huge dollars over the top of what Turner and Newman were getting.

but could we find a way to pay it ..probably. Especially if we replace a couple of guys who are on 300 with draftee's

Last edited:
Clark rumours have come out of nowhere. Was best 22 last year, played lots of footy, his injury has set him back a bit. Why would he want to leave and why would Geelong agree to trade him?

Not happening.
Surely this is fake news in about Clark wanting a trade..... Surely....

They would not even want to offer us their Fr1 ...

They seem to have a tendency finding brilliant defenders (and rucks) do West Coast. The talent pool with such fewer competition must be a factor.
They'll likely develop one of their own.

They could certainly do with a Jeremy Cameron given Kennedy is just about done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back