Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There gos our tier system ... guys go to clubs demand big money then are surprised when other are not happy or the clubs can be successful? That sort reminds me of when Peake came in on huge dollars over the top of what Turner and Newman were getting.

but could we find a way to pay it ..probably. Especially if we replace a couple of guys who are on 300 with draftee's
A little bit dramatic. It’s not like we are playing a Bgrader or HBF 850K-900K

The going rate for a Coleman medalist and a 26 year old with close to 500 goals would be 900K in any tiered system.

A little bit dramatic. It’s not like we are playing a Bgrader or HBF 850K-900K

The going rate for a Coleman medalist and a 26 year old with close to 500 goals would be 900K in any tiered system.

He will be 28 in april , and I have no problem with someone getting a good whack but 1.1 ... whackwhackWHACK

He has every right to be here. There's no need for Geelong posters to be so sensitive.
His post was the word "Yawn" - and as a Giants fan, if we were boring him then I thought my question was valid?

His post was the word "Yawn" - and as a Giants fan, if we were boring him then I thought my question was valid?
A bit sensitive I reckon mate. He was being belittled. What do you want him to say?

Why don’t we give blues pick 33 for Tom de konning
Because they would never accept it. TDK is going to be a gun, they'd be mad to give up on him after finally giving him some games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get shitty when I see news and rumours that some of our youngsters potentially want out, but then I put myself in their shoes and every off season we aim to bring in mature age players, now what message is that sending to our young blokes? Most of them really haven’t been given a fair go, always in and out of the team and can’t build any form or momentum.

For all the apparent unfair treatment that our youngsters receive, though, how many of them are going on at other clubs to make us really regret their departures over recent years? For all those who've departed (including the early draft picks in Smedts, Lang and Thurlow), we surely can't think we've missed out on a great deal. And the blokes who might depart this year (apart from Nakia, whose woeful injury history makes him a special case) are coming from even further back to supposedly be dominant senior footballers.

In the end, Close got eight senior games this year. Fogs and Simpson both managed six (with Sam likely to have played more, if not for the hamstring injury). So younger players could still get a run if their form demanded it.

I don't dispute that the balance is still potentially skewed too far towards mature acquisitions. Which definitely has some correlation with the club still believing that we're close enough at the moment to push for a flag. But unless some of the projected discards start to play really compelling footy for someone else, I don't think we can easily suggest that the club is getting this question wildly wrong at the moment.

So if we're looking at bringing in Crouch and Cameron as FA's, and Higgins I assume would be a late pick. We're hopefully taking 11, 13, 16 and 33 to the draft. That's 7 new players meaning we'll need to reduce the list size by 9 players.. Who goes?

Ablett
Taylor
???

So if we're looking at bringing in Crouch and Cameron as FA's, and Higgins I assume would be a late pick. We're hopefully taking 11, 13, 16 and 33 to the draft. That's 7 new players meaning we'll need to reduce the list size by 9 players.. Who goes?

Ablett
Taylor
???

Parsons
Cockatoo
Narkle

TDK looks like he can play ruck, and be as mobile as a Grundy. He has good handpass skills, handy for a ruck too. I know he was probably drafted as a KPP, but I reckon he can easily play ruck.

Parsons
Cockatoo
Narkle

I believe these are the guys out of contract:
Gary Ablett, Oscar Brownless, Brad Close, Nakia Cockatoo, Darcy Fort, Zach Guthrie, Tom Hawkins, Lachie Henderson, Ben Jarvis, Jacob Kennerley, Nathan Kreuger, Quinton Narkle, Stefan Okunbor, Brandan Parfitt, James Parsons, Blake Schlensog, Sam Simpson, Jake Tarca, Harry Taylor, Zach Tuohy

Ablett
Taylor
???
I believe these are the guys out of contract:
Gary Ablett, Oscar Brownless, Brad Close, Nakia Cockatoo, Darcy Fort, Zach Guthrie, Tom Hawkins, Lachie Henderson, Ben Jarvis, Jacob Kennerley, Nathan Kreuger, Quinton Narkle, Stefan Okunbor, Brandan Parfitt, James Parsons, Blake Schlensog, Sam Simpson, Jake Tarca, Harry Taylor, Zach Tuohy
Wow that’s 20. Pick your top 11 to keep...
Hawkins, Parfitt, Close, Simpson, Narkle, Krueger, Henderson (R), Tuohy, Fort, zGuthrie, Cockatoo (if he wants to stay else Javis) that’s 11..
So Gary Ablett, Harry Taylor retire
Oscar Brownless, Jacob Kennerley, Stefan Okunbor, Blake Schlensog, Jake Tarca delisted
James Parsons and Cockatoo traded.. That’s 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back