Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Dunkley gone and Libba near the end, maybe they see a need for a contested ball winner.

West is ready to step into that role.

We’re in a position where we’ve brought in two very high end talents without having much of a crack at the rest of the draft. Now we’re at a point of needing more late-first early-second picks to just get more well rated kids onto our list, rather than selling the farm for one. Doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:

its funny how in 2013 -2014 Blitz was laughed at as a running machine.... now hes lauded for it.

His running has not changed - his footy skills have gotten better - but its still the running people talk about.

Once again.. give blokes time....

GO Catters

And they’ve now worked out also the best way to play him too.

West is ready to step into that role.

We’re in a position where we’ve brought in two very high end talents without having much of a crack at the rest of the draft. Now we’re at a point of needing more late-first early-second picks to just get more well rated kids onto our list, rather than selling the farm for one. Doesn’t make sense.
Whats your main list gap if not inside mids?

I wonder where he see Lukosoius now from that 2018 draft who he had some exuberant praise for He can make a few wild assertions.... Voss at 15 ? Has anyone else mentioned him in their top 30. Ethan Phillips at 20? We probably will not know till the last 48 hrs... Twomeys final one seems to be a reasonable predictor.
I really enjoy reading his comments around the juniors each year but for me it lost a little gloss with the way he carried on about Lukosious.

I remember him saying if he was a recruiter he would rather Jack Lukosious than the three best GWS mids together, by memory they were Kelly, Cogs & Shiel at the time. Laughable then and now.

Last edited:
Get rid of Williams and McGovern then it's easily done

Zac Williams?

When Williams joined Carlton following the 2020 season, it was on a 6-year deal reportedly worth between $800k & $900k per season - he's current contract doesn't finish until 2026, and if his form drops off to the point of Carlton being happy to let him go, then surely it's unlikely anyone picks up the last 3 years of his deal for someone not playing at the level of their contract

And they’ve now worked out also the best way to play him too.
To be fair, they figured that out in 2015. Only for the AFL to kneejerk off tenuous medical data and remove 3rd man up.
Taken a few years afterwards though to find an optimal plan b.

Zac Williams?

When Williams joined Carlton following the 2020 season, it was on a 6-year deal reportedly worth between $800k & $900k per season - he's current contract doesn't finish until 2026, and if his form drops off to the point of Carlton being happy to let him go, then surely it's unlikely anyone picks up the last 3 years of his deal for someone not playing at the level of their contract
We picked up Bowes in a salary dump.
Why not someone take a shot of smoothing out Williams contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage everything I'm hearing points to Geelong trading into a better first round pick. No suggestion from anyone I've spoken with off a split with pick 7.

Not sure how they do it or what they have planned, but capitalising on having their best first round pick for a long time. Don't think they'd dilute that position.

Dont you feel this gos against your earlier confidence that the Falcons go home factor would see clubs take a pass on Clark?

I do not know how we would do it anyway. It seems as though it would be extraordinary cost ... and that if we were allowed to do it.

its funny how in 2013 -2014 Blitz was laughed at as a running machine.... now hes lauded for it.

His running has not changed - his footy skills have gotten better - but its still the running people talk about.

Once again.. give blokes time....

GO Catters

He has grown as a player thru being moved in role but time and durability has delivered us a unique player. I don't get the unicorn terminology... seems like hunting for a mythically creature.

The player who he remind me of a bit in durability is JimmyS. Not quite to his level yet but looking at the games he has played each week, season after season is an almost unbelievable example of reliability

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 6.49.22 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 6.48.35 am.png

Have been told that the bulldogs are keen on Jhye Clark and have offered pick 11 and lions fr1 for pick 5 from suns.
I think the Bulldogs need Busslinger more than Clark and might pounce before the Eagles.

Doesnt surprise me that dogs are keen but i dont think gc will take it. Futures are pointless to them at the top end given the bidding situation. Even 11 and 21 this year i dont think will do it for 5 but i could be wrong.
The dogs have more chance of getting say hawthorn to accept a deal like that than the suns.

Gold Coast taking Clark might make sense as a player type ..maybe... a bit to similar to rowell id have thought in size. .... but leadership etc...maybe.

but id have thought questionable.... surely a go home risk if he doesn't settle

The Dogs thing is interesting ...it move GC back to a range where they could take Holland and get a pick that they could trade out for later picks if they want to. I doubt they would have too much problem trading it out ... and who knows they may want dump and another player?

I think the Bulldogs need Busslinger more than Clark and might pounce before the Eagles.

Similar thoughts on the dogs. Fwiw im not sure wce take buss after drafting bazzo last year but the dogs might think us or the saints will if they dont trade up.

Bulldogs have Jones, Gardner, Keath as key defenders and also the ability to move Bruce, Naughton and Darcy back as well.

I do concede they probably need a developing tall back but I don't see it as a glaring need in the short to medium term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back