Remove this Banner Ad

pete18

Rookie
Sep 13, 2003
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Not that i give a **** as i am a geelong fan but for all u other hawks followers i have just heard from the nephew of gavin crossica ( assitant coach at hawks) that hawks are sturggle to come to a deal with north and are strongly considering goin against rawlings wish and sending him to the dees for pick 5 and wheatly. Personally i reckon this is a good move by them as it isnt in there best intrest to send him to the club of his choice, they should just send him wherever they get the best deal if he wants to go

has anyone else heard this rumour ??

if they do play hard ball though and he has to go in the draft he has to go to dogs cuz they have the first pick. so really hawks can send him anywhere they want if he thinks its better than the dogs

hurricane reply

oooooo you talk some filth mate ever heard of a man by the name of balke carracella ???? who when told he was goin to be traded said he would like to go to geelong ??? but was forced to go to brisbane by essendon as geelong had not satisfied essendons trade demands ???

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT FIRST MATE BEFORE YOU REPLY TO MY THREADS

Originally posted by Grover
if they do play hard ball though and he has to go in the draft he has to go to dogs cuz they have the first pick. so really hawks can send him anywhere they want if he thinks its better than the dogs

Doubt the Dogs will have a million dollars over 3 years to pay Rawlings and they would by-pass him on December 16th..
Carlton would talk him.

R:E

Looks like we have another "think i know it all member" everyone knows Jade wants to join North, the trade period hasen't even started yet and there is plenty of time for North and Hawthorn to come to an agreement.

Originally posted by pete18
Not that i give a **** as i am a geelong fan but for all u other hawks followers i have just heard from the nephew of gavin crossica ( assitant coach at hawks) that hawks are sturggle to come to a deal with north and are strongly considering goin against rawlings wish and sending him to the dees for pick 5 and wheatly. Personally i reckon this is a good move by them as it isnt in there best intrest to send him to the club of his choice, they should just send him wherever they get the best deal if he wants to go

If anything they should be adding something to Rawlings not us adding something to pick 5.

We're better off staying away if they want to **** us around.

Rawlings + Greene for pick 5 or Rawlings + Vandenberg for Pick 5 + Walsh would be fairer.

Re: hurricane reply

oooooo you talk some filth mate ever heard of a man by the name of balke carracella ???? who when told he was goin to be traded said he would like to go to geelong ??? but was forced to go to brisbane by essendon as geelong had not satisfied essendons trade demands ???

settle down champ.

And try to do your homework before you come on here and start ranting at people.

Under the AFLPA bargaining agreement, a player cannot be traded to another club without their consent. I have no idea what the particulars were in the Caracella case, but without his consent and signature, he could not have been traded to the Lions.

If Rawlings doesn't want to go to Geelong, Hawthorn cannot make him. All they can force him to do is nominate for the draft and be picked up by whoever grabs him first.

In the end, Hawthorn and North will come to terms, because both benefit that way. If Hawthorn play hard ball, they lose Rawlings for nothing.
If North play hard ball, they walk away with no change to their list. But if they really want Rawlings, they'll come to the party.

if hawks dont accept roos deal its obvious that rawlings will accept it and instead go to the dees or the cats before he nominates for the pres season draft and gets taken by carlton

A player still has to sign off on a trade. The trade cannot be authorised without player's signature.

If Rawlings doesn't want to go to Melbourne there is not much Hawks can do about that.

You would also remember last year that Heffernan was supposed to go to Brisbane instead of Caracella but he didn't want to leave Melbourne so then Essendon and Brisbane did some serious convincing and Caracella in the end decided to go to Brisbane.

Re: Re: Hawthorn to trade rawlings to melb, no deal with North

Originally posted by Broadbridge_20
If anything they should be adding something to Rawlings not us adding something to pick 5.

We're better off staying away if they want to **** us around.

Rawlings + Greene for pick 5 or Rawlings + Vandenberg for Pick 5 + Walsh would be fairer.

Probably have no idea mate!!!

if hawks dont accept roos deal its obvious that rawlings will accept it and instead go to the dees or the cats before he nominates for the pres season draft and gets taken by carlton

Why would he do that?

He just has to say 'North or the draft'. As far as the Hawks are concerned, that means a deal or nothing.

Just look at all the recent cases where players have nominated their desired club. The two clubs nearly always come to terms because that's the best outcome for all parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, actually, if the hawks and roos cant agree, they can put it to rawlings, and if he would prefer to be traded to melb, rather than enter the draft, then a deal can be struck, remembering that rawlings does not want hawthorn to be left in the dark, so if a deal cant be done, he WILL look elsewhere!!

HOWEVER, there is still plenty of time 4 a deal 2 be done! and im sure there will be, but I DO KNOW that the hawks do prefer what the dees are offering, we';ll just have to wait and see!!!

The hawks could try and bluff Jade. If they tell him that they can't get a deal done with the kanga's but they can get one done with the Dee's. They then say to Rawlings "it's either Melbourne or the Bulldogs via the draft. As Melbourne was Jade's 2nd choice and the with the money the same Rawlings would probably go to Melbourne. He'd be pis*ed but hardly shattered. I mean I doubt he would want to go to the Doggies or Carlton.

Pick 5 is a lot better than pick 9. What do the Hawks care where Rawlings goes?

so the roos and the Hawks haven't actually had any talks yet (as stated by Tim Harrington), yet they're struggling to come to a deal? how does that one work? and considering trade week doesn't start til next week, surely it would be a little early to concede they can't get a fair deal...

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
so the roos and the Hawks haven't actually had any talks yet (as stated by Tim Harrington), yet they're struggling to come to a deal? how does that one work? and considering trade week doesn't start til next week, surely it would be a little early to concede they can't get a fair deal...
pete18 has never been one for accuracy or realism!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Petrie Dish

I can assure you talks have begun, and Hawthorn are not impressed with what has been offered. Either the roos will step up their bid (most likely), or Hawthorn will seek other alternatives.

U might wanna try to get yours stright first as i remeber it Caracella Picked brisbane cause he thought it would be better for his career despite Mark Thompsons wish he go to Geelong in exchange for Steve johnson and a draft pick... instead we got caracella and Mcphee :D meh either way....

Re: Re: hurricane reply

Originally posted by bLuEMoOsE
U might wanna try to get yours stright first as i remeber it Caracella Picked brisbane cause he thought it would be better for his career despite Mark Thompsons wish he go to Geelong in exchange for Steve johnson and a draft pick... instead we got caracella and Mcphee :D meh either way....

Parsie, I'm slapping you tomorrow in Economics.

Steve Johnson and a draft pick for Caracella?

A laughable suggestion.

Um...a player can't refuse a trade and it automatically doesn't happen.

Essendon decided that to increase some cap space they would trade Blumfield, Heffernan and Caracella. Brisbane inquired about Heffernan, but Heffernan wanted to stay in Melbourne, and subsequently was traded to Melbourne instead, as Caracella decided to continue his career with the Lions.

Had neither Caracella or Blumfield accepted a move to Brisbane, then there would have been nothing stopping Essendon trading Heffernan to Brisbane. However, if you were the Lions, would you want a player that doesn't want to be there?

If Hawthorn says to Jade Rawlings, "Look Jade, we're trading you to the Bulldogs for Nathan Brown", there's nothing Jade Rawlings or his management can do about it.

It's simply a matter of player-club relationship that the club tries to do the right thing by the player and get him to the club he wants, while the player wants to see the club get some sort of compensation (see Farmer, Headland etc).

Originally posted by BigCat1
The hawks could try and bluff Jade. If they tell him that they can't get a deal done with the kanga's but they can get one done with the Dee's. They then say to Rawlings "it's either Melbourne or the Bulldogs via the draft.
Only one problem with that. Kangaroos will also be in contact with Jade and tell him their side of the story. In that case Jade would tell the Hawks to bugger off;)

Originally posted by Robelosis
Um...a player can't refuse a trade and it automatically doesn't happen.

If Hawthorn says to Jade Rawlings, "Look Jade, we're trading you to the Bulldogs for Nathan Brown", there's nothing Jade Rawlings or his management can do about it.
WRONG. For a trade to be approved by the AFL the players getting traded MUST sign off on the deal. Heffernan's situation was a bit different to Rawlings'. Heffernan has just signed a new contract but he was ooffered up for trade. Would a player stay at the club that doesn't want him?????? Essendon couldn't have traded him to Brisbane without his consent. He has to sign off on a deal otherwise it can't happen.

Rawlings' contract expires on 31st October. If Hawks came to Jade and told him they are trading him to Bulldogs for Brown, then Jade can either agree by signing the deal or say I would take my chances in the pre-season draft. Hawks CANNOT trade Jade to a club that he doesn't want to go to because Jade HAS to sign off on a trade to be approved by the AFL.

Besides how many times has the player finished at a non preffered club. 99.9% of the time the deal gets done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back