News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had to give up pick 1, I think we would want something coming back the other way as well on top, like a 2nd.
That ain’t happening, remember they are under contract and basically no 1 picks in any other year

That ain’t happening, remember they are under contract and basically no 1 picks in any other year

But being under contract as well all know means nothing. I do agree the first three picks could have been Pick 1s in any other year. Unfortunately both kids landed in the same draft. Would have been nice if one of them was available this year.

I went past the Adelaide board and saw this thread. It almost feels like you guys are trying to steal Oliver Twist's first bowl of gruel before he even had the chance to ask for more. You guys have a good home with nice parents. Stop plotting to steal the orphan boys food.

and yes, I know in this analogy I am comparing Lukosius and Rankine to gruel :p

I went past the Adelaide board and saw this thread. It almost feels like you guys are trying to steal Oliver Twist's first bowl of gruel before he even had the chance to ask for more. You guys have a good home with nice parents. Stop plotting to steal the orphan boys food.

Thats rich coming from a Sydney fan, where your Club has been stealing full forwards for decades.

Yeah but we have generally been stealing from the rich kids, not the orphan who is underfed and who has no self-esteem :)

Aside from Franklin from Hawthorn which are these "rich kids" (Clubs) that you speak of?

Very rarely over the Swans history have you developed elite blue chip players from a draft as a 17-18 year old, more rather using the opportunity to plunder Clubs by previously using COLA to pay massive overs to attract a player.

Im a bit like you. We chose to pass on them without making some sort of crazy offer yet we still think we can pinch them for half eaten............Gruel.

Round 5, Adelaide vs GCS, wouldn't it be fun that after every touch Izzy got we start a full stadium chant for him?

If Izzy wanted any other incentive to want to come home, having 55,000 OPPOSITION fans chanting your name every time you got the ball is about as compelling an argument as their could be in professional sports!

Hell, lets do the same for Luko while we are at it!
Can we start a go fund me called "The Stack if Izak or Jack Comes Back".

Each member puts in $5/game (only half a beer) and the first to sign on with the crows gets the cash

This from exile on the GC board regarding yesterday GC v Bris scratch match

rankine - best on ground by far. this kid is incredible, for a first year player he played as good as bennell did for us with a couple seasons under his belt. he was everywhere, his intensity around the contest and second efforts were a standout. roved the pack on the 50m arc and kicked the first goal of the arvo. definitely as elusive as harbrow, there was one moment on the wing near the crowd where he juked two brisbane players and sped off which i'll never forget. if i were a betting man i'd pop some money on him for the rising star.

Yep, price went up for both Rankine and Lukosius. They were both unbelievable yesterday. Rankine had a couple of magic moments.

This from exile on the GC board regarding yesterday GC v Bris scratch match

rankine - best on ground by far. this kid is incredible, for a first year player he played as good as bennell did for us with a couple seasons under his belt. he was everywhere, his intensity around the contest and second efforts were a standout. roved the pack on the 50m arc and kicked the first goal of the arvo. definitely as elusive as harbrow, there was one moment on the wing near the crowd where he juked two brisbane players and sped off which i'll never forget. if i were a betting man i'd pop some money on him for the rising star.
I agree he is the most naturally talented player of the last draft but i'll bet my last dollar that the vics will still somehow overlook him and give it to walsh..the love affair for walsh is strong in the gangland state

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree he is the most naturally talented player of the last draft but i'll bet my last dollar that the vics will still somehow overlook him and give it to walsh..the love affair for walsh is strong in the gangland state
I think the Love Affair is just Carlton ......part of their Membership Drive

Yes, a lot of imagination on this thread :) Let's see if both Lukosius and Rankine extend their contracts. According to Suns contracts talks will start next month.

Suns would be mad to not offer them contract extensions. With that said its a double edge sword. Should contract extensions turn sour, at least one of them is headed home in September 2020.

Yes, a lot of imagination on this thread :) Let's see if both Lukosius and Rankine extend their contracts. According to Suns contracts talks will start next month.
After seeing some of rankine comments he may well sign on and luko says very little so he may as well. If they do you guys will enjoy the ride as both are going to be superstars

Suns would be mad to not offer them contract extensions. With that said its a double edge sword. Should contract extensions turn sour, at least one of them is headed home in September 2020.
To be honest, based what I saw yesterday I now believe Crows made a mistake during draft. They should had come up with a offer that Suns would not refuse. Rankine is special and ready and would be huge this year for Crows to win it all.

After seeing some of rankine comments he may well sign on and luko says very little so he may as well. If they do you guys will enjoy the ride as both are going to be superstars

I actually wish that these kids were at a side where we could enjoy plundering them from. I do feel for the Suns, with that said we have been heavy victims of clubs raiding us including the Suns with Bock at his "peak". What goes around, comes around.

To be honest, based what I saw yesterday I now believe Crows made a mistake during draft. They should had come up with a offer that Suns would not refuse. Rankine is special and ready and would be huge this year for Crows to win it all.

Im sure the Crows did offer the Suns a treasure chest for your two picks. I have no doubt about that. We should have sold out all our 2018 picks for these two kids and included Himmelberg in that trade.

People will come to games just to see them, especially Rankine. I can't think of any player in competition who is so talented in close. He also worked hard defensively. I was actually surprised that 4000 fans turned out to practice game with cyclone threatening.

What would it take for you to trade either/both Rankine and Lukocious with what the Crows had? If I'm GCS I'm hanging on to them because regardless of what the Crows had its not enough.

What would it take for you to trade either/both Rankine and Lukocious with what the Crows had? If I'm GCS I'm hanging on to them because regardless of what the Crows had its not enough.
I don't think Suns would had trade both picks 2 and 3. But let's say pick 3 for some crazy offer like Weller's trade :) they would do it. Crows had picks 8, 13, 16, 21? What is outrageous offer? Not sure. Pick 8+13+(21) for 3? I would probably ask Suns what they want first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back