Traded Jarman Impey [traded to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone escaped from The Bay.

Impey looks like the biggest steal of last year.

Don't be so touchy - it was a joke. Yes your the best team of the last 50 years and we all admire what your club has done.

Impey has a lot of challengers for the title -Gibbs, Murray, Hartung, Ablett, Smith, Lever, Saad, Cameron, Weller, Stringer could all make cases by years end.

Don't be so touchy - it was a joke. Yes your the best team of the last 50 years and we all admire what your club has done.

Impey has a lot of challengers for the title -Gibbs, Murray, Hartung, Ablett, Smith, Lever, Saad, Cameron, Weller, Stringer could all make cases by years end.

Given the price paid for Gibbs, Lever and Weller, not sure you could describe them as a 'steal' no matter how well they perform.

And you'd need to see pretty incredible performances from Smith and Cameron, and even Stringer.

Not so much for the others, though Geelong still offered a bit for Ablett.

Given the price paid for Gibbs, Lever and Weller, not sure you could describe them as a 'steal' no matter how well they perform.

And you'd need to see pretty incredible performances from Smith and Cameron, and even Stringer.

Not so much for the others, though Geelong still offered a bit for Ablett.
If Gibbs helps the Crows win the flag it would be a massive steal - or Ablett at the cats etc.

So you count Tom Boyd as a success for the Dogs?
100% - you wouldn't find a Dog supporter that would not re-do that trade.

If he helped the Hawks win a flag it might be different as you win 1 every couple of years.

But for the Dogs - a big win - 1954 is a long time to wait.

Impey has been a very pleasant surprise so far this season. I was skeptical when we signed him, and legitimately thought he was a soft player - but I was clearly wrong there.

He's added some pace, a solid body, some tenacity and some skill to the side. His impact on games so far has outweighed his possession count. He's been a great addition.

However any talk of 'recruit of the year' after four game though is completely laughable. It's obviously early days. If he keeps this kind of form up for the rest of the season though he'd definitely be in the running IMO.

Also Impey is averaging 18 touches a game - has this exceeded your expectations of him?

I didnt have big expectations. But given what we traded for him I'd say he has been great.

Been in the coach votes a couple of times now I think.

Will be more pressure on him for the next month, with Cyril and Poppy out. So he is about to be tested.

Impey has been a very pleasant surprise so far this season. I was skeptical when we signed him, and legitimately thought he was a soft player - but I was clearly wrong there.

He's added some pace, a solid body, some tenacity and some skill to the side. His impact on games so far has outweighed his possession count. He's been a great addition.

However any talk of 'recruit of the year' after four game though is completely laughable. It's obviously early days. If he keeps this kind of form up for the rest of the season though he'd definitely be in the running IMO.
Nah he was never soft - his biggest problem was lack of concentration and ability to keep in the game. Would have a brilliant intercept off half back and run rings around 4 or 5 opponents to deliver inside 50 then you wouldn't see him again for another 30 minutes. If Clarko's found a way to improve this then he'll be a massive credit to Hawthorn.

I'm still not entirely convinced. He basically showed no improvement from day dot at Port and he's only showing that same level at Hawthorn - albeit without falling out of games much.

A good get for the hawks, very hard to find a player with that genuine speed.

Had a down year for us last year which was understandable with what he went through, but had a feeling he would be a bit of a loss once he left.

Just has to get more consistent in impacting the game and have no doubt the Hawks set up will get the best out of him. We were in a situation that we needed to give something up to get the players we needed, which i think position and structure wise helps our list in the long run.

Another good Hawthorn pickup.

That's why you should be marvelling at the quickest rebuild in footy history, try to keep up with current events.

I mean if you are going to bring up the past we could talk about North winning SFA for 20 years.

There is a reason why the Hawks have won 9 more Flags than North, can you guess what it is?

You won't hear me say a bad word about Jed, I hope the kid goes well.

Lol - quickest rebuild in footy history!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't?

Based on 2016 yes. But $1 million x 6? youd be hoping for a little more.

Buddy has been great for Swans memberships. If they do end up getting a single flag at some point does that make his 9 years a win?

The woulda coulda shoulda may have meant other players recruited or players not lost leading to greater success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back