Traded Matthew Lobbe [traded to Carlton]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would certainly trade a first rounder for Lobbe, durable and capable which is two things Geelong hasn't had from it's rucks since 2011.

Would give up pick 10ish with possibly a swap of late picks (say 3rd rounders or something) back in Geelong's favour.

That said he won't be traded, he has 3 years left on a contract, is in their leadership group and Ryder is a WADA risk, cannot see it happening.

Why not? Ryder and Lobbe has proven to not work. And seems your getting Dixon for next year. Ryder, Lobbe and Dixon + Westhoff just won't work.
Because Ken said so and we signed a 4 year deal with him this year, that's why. It will work, in time. People were saying just a few weeks ago Sam Gray can't play at AFL standard and was a waste of time but Ken and Voss persisted, as did Sam, and the rest is history. Lobbe is staying 100%.

Why not? Ryder and Lobbe has proven to not work. And seems your getting Dixon for next year. Ryder, Lobbe and Dixon + Westhoff just won't work.

Its only the first year they have played together, plus they have had injured interrupted seasons - you can't say it has proven not to work - what a load of ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder isn't a natural forward. He's a natural number one ruckman. Where does that leave Lobbe?

They will work over the preseason to find the right mixture of fwd/ruck time between the two. I believe that they will be really good next year and will be able to find the chemistry that they need to work well together. Im hoping that Lobbe will be able to work on his fwd play and become a valuable asset to the fwd line next year - he can already tackle well - it is his contested marking, hitouts to advantage and fwd play that lets him down currently.

Unless an offer too good to refuse comes up port will just hold onto lobbe and see if they can make the lobbe Ryder combo work. If not then worst case scenario we have great depth in the ruck in case of injuries or form and can see if we want to move on lobbe next off-season. What have we got to lose?

Unless an offer too good to refuse comes up port will just hold onto lobbe and see if they can make the lobbe Ryder combo work. If not then worst case scenario we have great depth in the ruck in case of injuries or form and can see if we want to move on lobbe next off-season. What have we got to lose?
I don't get this. Your salary cap is tight, and you are prepared to keep Lobbe playing for the magpies on 400k a year.

I don't get this. Your salary cap is tight, and you are prepared to keep Lobbe playing for the magpies on 400k a year.

Who says he is playing for the maggies?

I said that port would likely try to make the two ruck system work , and if not deal with it next off season if it was an issue. Maybe we do send one of them to the maggies. Big deal. Cap not a problem unless we are bringing in another star beside dixon

Gone to Carlton for pick 95.

I imagine Port are covering his wage.
Port would of been happy having a very decent back up ruck. Just not on his salary

With motlop/rockliff comming over. Lobbes quality. Its a mattwr of carlton got a deal because of lobbes salary

Good use of the cap and a great backup for Kreuzer.

With Lobbe, Palmer, Kerridge, Daisy, Sumner coming off the books next year and a potential Simpson retirement SOS looks to be planning something big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back