Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

If McGovern is going to cost us more than pick 12-19 I'd rather we put more effort into Setterfield, Shiel etc or take that pick (assuming it eventuates) to the draft.

McKay, Curnow, Fisher the sort of value we've picked up around that range the last couple of years.
i wouldn't Mckay curnow Mcgovern would be deadly if healthy

Seems like you shouldnt be trying to convince all of us of this...

You should be trying to convince the people in control (and i use the term “in control” loosely mind you) of the Carlton footy club..

Because it looking very likely that they are chasing mcgovern services.. and considering hes still got two years left on his contract... and will be paying alot more for him than you hope they do!..
I don't get it. If anyone should understand that a top 10 pick isn't the be all and end all it should be carlton supporters

who makes these numbers up. The 18th best 18 year old in this draft won’t be better than gov

What a ridiculous statement.

And if you’re going to approach it from that angle, why would we trade overs (involve 1) for him when Walsh or JL are likely to be a lot better than Gov? With 6 extra years of service too.

And how would you know?
Exactly...with Gov you know. He's not a lottery unlike pick 18. last season when it looked like we were losing Gov and Lever, I was always saying forget about lever and give the money to McGovern, the bloke is a rare type. If anyone thinks they can acquire a guy like this with a pick between 15-18 is seriously wrong.

Why would Mcgovern want to play for Carlton? I know we’re s**t but ffs Carlton are perennial career ruiners as of late. Is it more of a vibe of nobody is that keen or what? A hawthorn would be a great landing spot for him.

Dont want to trade with the Crows. I hope Mitch nominates someone else and continue with the development of Paddy Kerr to play third tall. He is not worth a first round pick and he is not a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If McGovern is going to cost us more than pick 12-19 I'd rather we put more effort into Setterfield, Shiel etc or take that pick (assuming it eventuates) to the draft.

McKay, Curnow, Fisher the sort of value we've picked up around that range the last couple of years.
McGovern wants out of Adelaide big time. If they keep him they will have a toxic environment so that is not an option. They do not have an advantage at the trade table because they need to move him on. Under no circumstances should clubs with the first 5 picks be considering including them in any trade. Except maybe Freo if they get Brisbane's pick for Neale.

Dont want to trade with the Crows. I hope Mitch nominates someone else and continue with the development of Paddy Kerr to play third tall. He is not worth a first round pick and he is not a need.
He’s definitely worth a first round pick.....it’s just that he prob won’t nominate Carlton anyway so you won’t need to worry

McGovern wants out of Adelaide big time. If they keep him they will have a toxic environment so that is not an option. They do not have an advantage at the trade table because they need to move him on. Under no circumstances should clubs with the first 5 picks be considering including them in any trade. Except maybe Freo if they get Brisbane's pick for Neale.
Aparently he loves the club, loves the players, loves most of the coaches. He even said to the media after the carlton game in adelaide this year that he was trying to encourage jeremy to join him at west lakes .. but has a massive issue with a couple of the administration (id put my money on Hass and Burton - and hopefully these two blokes are not gonna be around much longer.. burtons position is untenable imo)..

Rumours are because of the way his injuries and recovery methods used have been managed..

Rumours also swirling that bcrouch feels the same and that he and burton may have even come to blows over it.

All rumours of course but they come from people on BF that normally have very good intel and connections in the club..

Aparently he loves the club, loves the players, loves most of the coaches. He even said to the media after the carlton game in adelaide this year that he was trying to encourage jeremy to join him at west lakes .. but has a massive issue with a couple of the administration (id put my money on Hass and Burton - and hopefully these two blokes are not gonna be around much longer.. burtons position is untenable imo)..

Rumours are because of the way his injuries and recovery methods used have been managed..

Rumours also swirling that bcrouch feels the same and that he and burton may have even come to blows over it.

All rumours of course but they come from people on BF that normally have very good intel and connections in the club..
Yep heard this too. Definitely wasn't happy about his hamstring before the Grand final last year, felt it was handled poorly.

Why would Mcgovern want to play for Carlton? I know we’re s**t but ffs Carlton are perennial career ruiners as of late. Is it more of a vibe of nobody is that keen or what? A hawthorn would be a great landing spot for him.
Has Gunston mkII written all over him, only as a defender.

Expect him to join good mate lever at dees. After weidemanns performance tonight, expect freo to use the 1st round pick from lions for neale to go to be used to get hogan who will then give to the crows for mcgovern to use in defence.

Blues don't need fwds or backs they need mids to help cripps out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back