• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
*, I was wrong!

Djoker fanboi in full swing and it's not even December!

He’ll be here soon which is awesome! No more asterixed slams!

My understanding of the 3 year ban was that its optional and it was never actually implemented (but i could be completely wrong).
Correct, the 3-year ban, which is the same as the 10 year or lifetime ban is a discretionary power the legislation provides for all deporatation cases which is enforced depending on the severity of the offence/case, i.e. known foreign criminals/terrorists etc. receive lifetime bans.
The media simply ran with the 'suggestion' of Novak receiving a 3-year ban to sensationalize the story....

Last edited:
No more asterixed slams!
lol - how long have u brrm following sports?

99% of events (Olympics, Grand Slam Tennis, World Championships) almost always have a major contender missing. Injiury, passport/visa issues, apartheid/other bans, Illness, Other (pro bans from W6imbledon 1972) & many nany more

Djokovid is probably the only o8ne to have missed a chance due to choosing to wear a tin-foil hat thou8h.

lol - how long have u brrm following sports?

99% of events (Olympics, Grand Slam Tennis, World Championships) almost always have a major contender missing. Injiury, passport/visa issues, apartheid/other bans, Illness, Other (pro bans from W6imbledon 1972) & many nany more

Djokovid is probably the only o8ne to have missed a chance due to choosing to wear a tin-foil hat thou8h.

Yet the French and Wimbledon had no issues lol

Glad this rubbish period of tennis is over we can get back to watching the sport for the players not other things

Yet the French and Wimbledon had no issues lol

Glad this rubbish period of tennis is over we can get back to watching the sport for the players not other things

Geez you make it hard sometimes to tell whether you’re having fun or just thick as a brick.

22 French Open was missing - Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Gaël Monfils and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
22 Wimbledon was missing - Roger Federer, Naomi Osaka and any Russian or Belarussian players

But theyre fine are they LP?

The French was injury, all of them were injured in some way shape or form. Wimbledon was poor, hopefully that's back to normal too. No more asterisked slams is good for everyone.

The French was injury, all of them were injured in some way shape or form. Wimbledon was poor, hopefully that's back to normal too. No more asterisked slams is good for everyone.
Really seems like its just your specific definition of whats asterisked and youre trying to imply everyone cares.

You know how Novak missed out by choice? Why is that more valid as an asterisk than an injury (thats not chosen)? Im sure youve got some mental gymnastics for your hero worship but maybe take a second to see it the way that the 90ish% of people who went and got vaxxed would feel.

Really seems like its just your specific definition of whats asterisked and youre trying to imply everyone cares.

You know how Novak missed out by choice? Why is that more valid as an asterisk than an injury (thats not chosen)? Im sure youve got some mental gymnastics for your hero worship but maybe take a second to see it the way that the 90ish% of people who went and got vaxxed would feel.

Meh, couldn't care less about anything other than having every top player here really don't care what choice they make. They are tennis players, that's it who by the way spend 98% of their time around their team. Glad we are over this vax this and that stage anyway, and for the record I am vaxxed before you jump to that conclusion. Just won't do it again its a complete waste of time for me personally but that's for another topic and this is a tennis thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, couldn't care less about anything other than having every top player here really don't care what choice they make. They are tennis players, that's it who by the way spend 98% of their time around their team. Glad we are over this vax this and that stage anyway, and for the record I am vaxxed before you jump to that conclusion. Just won't do it again its a complete waste of time for me personally but that's for another topic and this is a tennis thing.
Didnt jump to any conclusions LP just asking you to take off the very narrow LP goggles for a second and see the hypocrisy of your argument.

Enjoy the Oz Open though.

Didnt jump to any conclusions LP just asking you to take off the very narrow LP goggles for a second and see the hypocrisy of your argument.

Enjoy the Oz Open though.

Plan to and it will be mainly because every player is here. France had it the right way last year for mine and I've said that for ages. Good reason I've travelled there (and loved the French Open) and not had to worry about other things.

They will. A quick look on Facebook shows that a large ignorant percentage of the population still he think he tried to flout the system, or lied about his vaccination status, or some other complete fabrication.
Yeah unfortunately there will be that small % in the crowd that will boo him

They will. A quick look on Facebook shows that a large ignorant percentage of the population still he think he tried to flout the system, or lied about his vaccination status, or some other complete fabrication.

I think overall he will get a positive reception. Do the keyboard warriors even bother to attend the tennis?

Most people I know IRL acknowledge that he was disgracefully treated last year, it's only online I see anything to the contrary.

Yeah unfortunately there will be that small % in the crowd that will boo him

Some will boo but most will just watch on with silent disapproval hoping he loses and cheering louder for his opponents. Like they always did. Serena kind of was the same. First impressions are hard to shake with Australian and English tennis crowds. Agassi was able to turn it around to be loved though.

Doubt it will matter. Probably the early pick to win it for me, Nadal is struggling.

Some will boo but most will just watch on with silent disapproval hoping he loses and cheering louder for his opponents. Like they always did. Serena kind of was the same. First impressions are hard to shake with Australian and English tennis crowds. Agassi was able to turn it around to be loved though.

Doubt it will matter. Probably the early pick to win it for me, Nadal is struggling.
Novak vs Medevev final imo

Medvedev look really good today

I have Cam Norrie as a smoky he's playing some bloody good tennis and beating top players

Back