Autopsy Rd 11, 2022 - Loss vs. Saints - Jack's 250th

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people have a soft spot for some of our battlers.
But we will be in a quagmire for years with players like Turner, Young and Hayden still on our list.

They’re just not up to the elite level
No they’re not and here is a list of better alternative players we have running around in the vfl:

Fart.

Zero genuine positives to take away from today - at best, we broke even on a couple of factors, the rest was disastrous. Apart from a bit of effort in tight at the contest early, there was no sign of team workrate - we looked slow from the outset, jogging through the centre of the ground both ways, completely sluggish such that we rarely created genuine options for the player with the ball. Losing by only 53 points flatters us massively.

Nothing about this game suggests any traction towards regaining competence. Beyond the hollow platitudes about 'process' and how "we know it was going to be tough" and "it will turn", what reason is there to think anything about this rebuild is on track? We've seen most of these players show something to suggest promise somewhere along the line - but based on what we're seeing consistently this year, even accounting for the fact most are young and have time on their side, the majority of them basically shouldn't be here in three years time.

We can debate the dubious merits of past decisions around list management and decision eternally, but regardless of how we ended up here, it remains to be seen what the plan actually is to take us out of this rut. A year and a half in, I think it's reasonable to expect a lot better than seven straight games with 100+ scored against us whilst we're lucky to crack 50, than nearly every player on the list regressing in development and standing because the structural links around them are all broken, than this pitifully meek acceptance of the pathetic that sees us producing nothing more than this whimper of a display after losing our previous eight games (sending out an unchanged lineup because we're so proud of a somewhat-competitive 43-point loss doesn't help the warped sense of internal perspective).

Trying to pinpoint exactly what changes are needed from the outside is always primarily a guessing game, but it should at least be apparent by now to everyone at the club that whatever the long-term plan is, it's either completely derailed or completely deranged. Given that, it would be nice to see a lot more evidence that steps are being actively taken to redress the multitude of issues we have. Instead, we get what we got today - another uncompetitive drubbing for a team and a club that, by and large, doesn't seem to care.

We should be playing Larkey at CHB.

A McKay Larkey Corr backline is a big improvement on what we have atm.

We need to start winning contests and controlling the ball between HB and Wing.

Let CCJ and Xerri and Cobden and CZ be our Forward options.

ATM, I am sick of seeing Larkey being double and triple teamed and not getting free kicks he deserves.

When we are in a stronger position list wise, we can return Larkey to the forward line, if we have the depth.

JHF's presence is always felt, even when he's not getting touches. He never half arses the chase.
Sorry, but he does sometimes. There was a prime example today where he was jogging with his pursuit only to realise he was in with a chance. put on some clear acceleration and actually got hands on the opposition player but it was too late. If he had full heartedly chased from the get go he would have nailed the bloke into next year.

Feel so empty watching this s**t show - no real positives.

Look forward to the season starting and now I wish it’d end today
So many basic errors kicks , handballs ,marks, shots at goal , defending.
Our confidence is shot
We need a pissup to get on the same page.

Sorry, but he does sometimes. There was a prime example today where he was jogging with his pursuit only to realise he was in with a chance. put on some clear acceleration and actually got hands on the opposition player but it was too late. If he had full heartedly chased from the get go he would have nailed the bloke into next year.
Are you calling me a liar

-Players with genuine pace? JHF & ?
-Players with competent foot skills? JHF + TT + Goldy + Curtis & ?
-Players with elite tanks? Bailey + Goldy + ?
-Players with complete manic desire for the contest? JHF + Jed + Greenwood & ?

Some of the above can improve .....not much though.
The most uninspiring North side I can ever remember. I’ve followed the Roos since the early 70’s.
Our training standards are complete garbage.
I‘m glad the recruiting department is/has been gutted. They’ve picked ordinary players for years.
Now let‘s actually find some competent development coaches too.

Feel so empty watching this s**t show - no real positives.

Look forward to the season starting and now I wish it’d end today
So many basic errors kicks , handballs ,marks, shots at goal , defending.
Our confidence is shot
We need a pissup to get on the same page.
It’s ok …
All we be fixed this week with a presser from Noble , Sonja & Amalfio 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re is our VFL side playing next week I want some hope because at the moment it’s all just depressing going to each game knowing we will lose by 8 to 10 goals each week.

I can live with the fact we are not good enough at the moment but the most disappointing and heartbreaking is the skill errors.
We get a chain of handballs or kicks then we stuff it up and the opposition take it away for a score when we should be scoring. We get centre clearance break but we just bomb the Bull in as no forwards are on the move.

What an absolute pathetic mess this football club has become.

They ask us to turn up and when you turn up you have to sit there and be mocked and laughed at by opposition supporters.

Today we had people that have never seen their club win a flag, as St Kilda haven’t won one since the invention of colour TV, mock and make fun of our club. Being called a rabble by St Kilda supporters doesn’t make for a pleasant experience to want to turn up and watch what fairly is a rabble.

I’m sorry but I can’t see a way forward for this club while we have a coach that seems insistent of playing a brand of footy that is not current or up to date with the modern game.

At the moment this club has not one thing to hang it’s hat on. In a week where we have been whacked from pillar to post and it’s your Captains 250th, you should at least expect some response. But not today, another week where we meekly roll over and show little to no fight. I’m sorry but if David Noble couldn’t get these blokes up to show something this week, then when can he?

Oh and we won clearances 45 to 31, the most 'natural' or 'instinctive' part of the game. Has to be structures and game plan at this point.
Within five meters of the ball, we’re a decent side.

Outside of that, it’s a clusterf*** of a shitshow.

If I can be honest I only watched the first qtr because I was sitting with an absolute dilf and he got my attention the whole game.

I was too busy focusing on other things 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back