Banter RDT 164 - Sway, Duck, Whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow Wiggle II has quit. Where's the National Cabinet to deal with this crisis???

Now you know why Scotty from Marketing is so keen to open the borders

1576493894-Scott-Morrison.jpg

Last edited:

Anybody seen You season 3 yet? I'm tactically avoiding spoilers like a minefield until I have a free night to binge the absolute sh*t out of it.

I enjoyed season 1, but from what I was told season 2 pushed the suspension of disbelief beyond ridiculous and just couldn't get into it. Hovered over season 3 and the preview went for a few minutes, felt like I was pretty much up to speed really.

III, you're forgetting Sam.
Sam's time as a member is interesting. He stepped in for Greg when he had health issues, then got the sh!ts when they got Greg back in once he was better. Things got acrimonious and then the band decided to introduce a new generation of Wiggles anyway. He was young enough to have probably been one of them.

the band decided to introduce a new generation of Wiggles anyway
AKA Murray couldn't last a full concert, and Jeff couldn't see the edge of the stage. Greg had already been bought out (which is a shame) for what was rumoured to be around $20mil at the time (which is nice). With the Emma news I had a read around, and apparently in 2018 Anthony had bought out enough of Murray and Jeff's share that he now has a majority ownership of the Wiggles company.

As an aside, the new yellow wiggle is younger than both of Anthony's daughters, and nearly 20 years younger than the other three in the 'main' band. That seems a bit creepy to me.

AKA Murray couldn't last a full concert, and Jeff couldn't see the edge of the stage. Greg had already been bought out (which is a shame) for what was rumoured to be around $20mil at the time (which is nice). With the Emma news I had a read around, and apparently in 2018 Anthony had bought out enough of Murray and Jeff's share that he now has a majority ownership of the Wiggles company.

As an aside, the new yellow wiggle is younger than both of Anthony's daughters, and nearly 20 years younger than the other three in the 'main' band. That seems a bit creepy to me.
I read that she was 15. Just a kid herself, if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son loves Emma. Have yet to tell him the bad news. Glad we took him to the Wiggles concert when they were in Perth earlier this year though!

Props to Emma for deciding to focus on her PhD and work with the deaf community.
I'm not sure you need to tell him anything. There'll be endless re-runs and DVDs to keep the illusion alive.

If she gets a slice of the merch money in her contract she won't have to work past 25.
Like all current performers except Anthony, she's on a contract which was rumoured at $150k as the Red Diversity Wiggle. Emma/Lachie/Simon were all supposedly on $750k. Merch is company income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back