Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just like Jackson will still nominate. Was in response to your whole "Jackson is only player since Judd trade to not nominate" but at this point last year cerra had still not nominated despite it being several weeks since his request. Players will always nominate.

Cerra was always going to Carlton but then Melbourne swooped in and wooed him but it went nowhere bc no draft capital so he went back to Carlton.
Yeah I think you are probably right.

I find a few things strange here. Lobb has nominated WB. Why them? His manager must have been in talks with them over the year and so the 'deal' to get him there must already be known to both clubs internally? But if Lobb is desperate to get to Melbourne, why nominate a club? Why not request a trade to any Vic based club and see if Freo can find the best deal for him? This is really what his manager should be doing IMO. Looking desperately for a plan B to try to get Rory to any club in Melbourne. The onus here can't possibly on Freo to make this happen but Rory and his manager.
I think he will get traded, but a quality replacement and/or an 'overs' pick will be coming back. But his manager will be earning his money to make it happen.
I would assume it’s fairly obvious we’re the only ones currently interested/have a need or are willing to do a deal that has a chance of meeting Freo requirements. Those requirements from Freo could have since shifted though due to the exodus. Freo fans have suggested GWS wanted Freo to pay some of his wages last year so compared to that the Bulldogs might have been quite attractive at first. Doesn’t mean someone like Melbourne won’t show an interest but they will also be driving their own hard negotiation for Jackson. What’s worse a second from us, potential steak knives in a Jackson deal or keeping him. For Freo it’s prob best to keep.

Yes but if Lobb is desperate to get to Melbourne to be with his GF and it's not about who's offering the best deal financially, then he should look at all options available and not just the bulldogs. Freo has all the leverage with this one, contracted and required player.
You don’t think his agent would have been looking at options up to this point? It might just be the Bulldogs is all he can shake at a “reasonable” deal.

Doesn’t make sense with the GWS request lst year though.
It’s already been explained. It happened very late and GWS were the only interested party last year. Sydney is a lot easier to commute and see your wife than Perth. 1 hour flight compared to over 4 so he was willing to do that. GWS were taking the piss with the deal though.

It’s already been explained. It happened very late and GWS were the only interested party last year. Sydney is a lot easier to commute and see your wife than Perth. 1 hour flight compared to over 4 so he was willing to do that. GWS were taking the piss with the deal though.
Ain’t nobody reading through a billion pages of s**t for that! ;)

Yeah it'll be filthy.

I wonder why he wants to leave so badly? Last year to GWS; this year to the Dogs. This'll be interesting reading once he's retired...
Its pretty simple his contract was front loaded.

So he made bank first couple of years, got used to the life accumstomed.

Now he is in the last year on a lot less and is sooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Hill for Pick 10, 58, a future second and fourth, plus Blake Acres.

Belly goes alright!

He demanded pick 6 and a future first and the Saints said no and traded 6 away. Took 10 and a future 2nd. He also upgraded their 4th to a 3rd. Hill had two years to run on his contract.

He demanded pick 6 and a future first and the Saints said no and traded 6 away. Took 10 and a future 2nd. He also upgraded their 4th to a 3rd. Hill had two years to run on his contract.
Did Peter Bell personally insult you or something mate, can tell you aren't a big fan of his. Sprouting garbage like this as gospel and it never occurred lol. He told the saints he wanted a first and second round pick. They gave up a first and second plus steaknives.

Did Peter Bell personally insult you or something mate, can tell you aren't a big fan of his. Sprouting garbage like this as gospel and it never occurred lol. He told the saints he wanted a first and second round pick. They gave up a first and second plus steaknives.

I’ll go by what was reported and not what a salty Freo poster makes up.

Link to where Bell demanded 2 first round pick?

lol which outlet do you want? Here’s an Age one. There are a bunch.

Looking forward to the “but but but”…

I’ll go by what was reported and not what a salty Freo poster makes up.

lol which outlet do you want? Here’s an Age one. There are a bunch.

Looking forward to the “but but but”…
"Bell is understood to have initially demanded the Saints hand over their first round pick number 6 at next month’s national draft as well as the first selection next year.

The Dockers boss has also apparently insisted that another first round pick this year is a must to consider releasing Hill, who is still contracted to Fremantle until the end of 2021."

Stop taking articles as gospel ffs. Nobody wanted or expected 2 firsts for brad hill.

"Bell is understood to have initially demanded the Saints hand over their first round pick number 6 at next month’s national draft as well as the first selection next year.

The Dockers boss has also apparently insisted that another first round pick this year is a must to consider releasing Hill, who is still contracted to Fremantle until the end of 2021."

Stop taking articles as gospel ffs. Nobody wanted or expected 2 firsts for brad hill.

”But but but” gotta trust some BigFooty nuffy’s nonsense.

So I post his agent will likely have already looked at other options and you reply F his agent he should look at all options. Genius.
His agent is the one who got him into this mess and has most likely found him the club offering the most $ or longest deal, but might not be the best deal for freo. So imo he can't be too keen to move if its only to 1 of the 10 clubs in Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back