Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree it is a massive risk to take with your number one goal kicker. Something is telling me it will eventually get done but I'm glad to see Freo with their current stance I hope they get a deal to good to be true from the dogs but if was Lobb I'd just be saying I want to go to a Vic club. I don't see Lobb as best fit for the dogs.
Also is a bit odd he named dogs

If they let him go they must be confident Tabener can stay fit

With Corbett now eyes on the Dockers

Does this signal that something is about to happen for Lobb?

My bet would be 30 this year and future 3rd
Something like that could work. Perhaps:

30 + Future 2nd for Lobb + North's Future 3rd.
Yeah that's about what his value is, Although I do think he'll get traded I also don't think Bell/Walls are bluffing when they say that they'll hold him to his contract if we cant get a favorable deal

But I think that all depends on how other deals play out

Yeah that's about what his value is, Although I do think he'll get traded I also don't think Bell/Walls are bluffing when they say that they'll hold him to his contract if we cant get a favorable deal

But I think that all depends on how other deals play out
Personally I think they’re just waiting for the Jackson and Corbett deals to be done so they can say he’s no longer crucial

Personally I think they’re just waiting for the Jackson and Corbett deals to be done so they can say he’s no longer crucial

Probably, but when the Corbett deal is announced Freo might refer to him as a "Medium forward" or "3rd Tall" so they can still say that Lobb as a KPF is a required player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold coast probably will want future picks for sharp and Corbett considering they already have so many picks in this year's draft but Freo might be locked out of trading any other future picks if they trade their future first for Jackson.

Would Freo supporters be happy trading Lobb for a future second if it brought in those two?

Gold coast probably will want future picks for sharp and Corbett considering they already have so many picks in this year's draft but Freo might be locked out of trading any other future picks if they trade their future first for Jackson.

Would Freo supporters be happy trading Lobb for a future second if it brought in those two?

I wouldn't be happy with a future 2nd personally, I'd rather keep him and let him go next year for a 3rd / 4th rounder.

We have multiple late picks next year, as long as we hold a pick in the 2nd / 3rd / 4th round we can trade the future 1st. Even if they are North's future picks.

I wouldn't be happy with a future 2nd personally, I'd rather keep him and let him go next year for a 3rd / 4th rounder.

We have multiple late picks next year, as long as we hold a pick in the 2nd / 3rd / 4th round we can trade the future 1st. Even if they are North's future picks.
Ah right I forgot you just picked up those future picks. Makes my point redundant!

I get he is contracted, but he wants out and is probably getting annoyed with Freo for not dealing with anyone.

But what's the point in Freo doing that? I get contract etc binding law whatever. But how can they expect him to return to the club pre season day 1 committed to the process and unwavering commitment to the club? He's gonna sulk around, if he gets injured, how much effort will he put into recovery? How much effort will he give on field?

If a guy doesn't want to be at your club, that's his problem, get rid of him. He's attitude will stink and it'll only rub off on other players and cause angst among the group when everyone is giving 100% He's giving 50%

I get he is contracted, but he wants out and is probably getting annoyed with Freo for not dealing with anyone.

But what's the point in Freo doing that? I get contract etc binding law whatever. But how can they expect him to return to the club pre season day 1 committed to the process and unwavering commitment to the club? He's gonna sulk around, if he gets injured, how much effort will he put into recovery? How much effort will he give on field?

If a guy doesn't want to be at your club, that's his problem, get rid of him. He's attitude will stink and it'll only rub off on other players and cause angst among the group when everyone is giving 100% He's giving 50%
Devils advocate but he just had a career best year on the back of wanting to leave. Asking him to do it 2 years on the run might be pushing it though.

He doesn't have the luxury of having a sook. He'll be 30 next trade period and if he doesn't be professional and play to a high standard he'll tank his own value next year.

That said, I am happy for him to go.

What club is going to give you what you "want" though? Clearly you guys overvalue him by a fair bit and that's fine but don't pretend the offer is bad because of that
Contracted, important part of their team etc, they won’t budge and nor should they unless they get what they want.

Contracted, important part of their team etc, they won’t budge and nor should they unless they get what they want.
Yep and they can hold him to the contact then. The point is Lobb could not have requested a trade to a club who will pay Freo what they want as no one rated him as a 1st

Remove this Banner Ad

Back