Preview Round 12, 2018: St.Kilda v Sydney - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 9th June, 7:25PM AEST *2018 PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • Swans

Votes: 56 53.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is talking about Billings meanwhile I am gobsmacked Marshall and White got dropped for literally no reason.

Absolutely bizarre selection.

And are they expecting Battle to play the role Billings was? That will be interesting.

Also while I don't take much stock in where players are named they seem to have confused the half back line with the full back line and mixed up Newnes and Sinclairs positions. I'm sure that will be the right way around at the first bounce........

Marshall was dropped as soon as LeCrae out marked him & kicked a goal he is not a natural footballer & needs to learn away from the seniors.

Marshall was dropped as soon as LeCrae out marked him & kicked a goal he is not a natural footballer & needs to learn away from the seniors.

How many times have we seen Carlisle out marked yet we hear boo! Marshall will be a very good footballer he just needs to develop his body and strength..

Ive always wondered what the term ...Natural footballer means .
Im guessing if we pick up a footy at a young age in the back yard and have been kicking it around and involved in junior footy and have reached the standard to make an AFL list compared to a overseas player eg : Joyce , Connellan ect..., is that natural to not natural .

Ive always wondered what the term ...Natural footballer means .
Im guessing if we pick up a footy at a young age in the back yard and have been kicking it around and involved in junior footy and have reached the standard to make an AFL list compared to a overseas player eg : Joyce , Connellan ect..., is that natural to not natural .
That's part of it, knowing were to position yourself, knowing how to kick & not look mechanical, players that grow up with the game have natural growth were as players that don't grow with the game need to be pushed along taught & constantly developed more then the regular footballer.

How many times have we seen Carlisle out marked yet we hear boo! Marshall will be a very good footballer he just needs to develop his body and strength..
Marshall will only be good as a ruckman he will not be just a pure forward, so develop him in the 2's at that craft only problem is we have Longer there taking that spot.

How many goals and goals assists Lonie v Long? Dunno, maybe someone does.

Career?

Lonie averages 0.74 goals, 1.67 scoring shots, 0.49 assists, 2.93 tackles, 11.98 disposals, 1.86 inside 50s, 5.23 contested possessions
Long averages 0.55 goals, 1.00 scoring shots, 0.18 assists, 3.09 tackles, 11.73 disposals, 1.82 inside 50s, 5.55 contested possessions

Not much between them on most stats but Lonie clearly ahead on goals and assists.

That's part of it, knowing were to position yourself, knowing how to kick & not look mechanical, players that grow up with the game have natural growth were as players that don't grow with the game need to be pushed along taught & constantly developed more then the regular footballer.
Well for someone who is 200 cm I think Marshall’s kicks is anything but mechanical, in fact bar Carlisle is say technique wise he has close to the best kick for someone over 194 cm on our list

Slight chance this week. The great thing though over the last few weeks in the side are now playing pretty good footy. Getting their confidence back and had we available a few extra players I reckon we would be a real chance this week. The downside is the more I see of Paddy the less I see of a player with the right skills to play in todays footy. As soon as Bruce is fit enough for the AFL and if Paddy continues to play how he is then we must swap them over. I know that will upset a few but pick one doesn't entitle you to play if you aren't good enough.

Still would love to know why the players lacked confidence so early into the year. Its very strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Career?

Lonie averages 0.74 goals, 1.67 scoring shots, 0.49 assists, 2.93 tackles, 11.98 disposals, 1.86 inside 50s, 5.23 contested possessions
Long averages 0.55 goals, 1.00 scoring shots, 0.18 assists, 3.09 tackles, 11.73 disposals, 1.82 inside 50s, 5.55 contested possessions

Not much between them on most stats but Lonie clearly ahead on goals and assists.

I wish we could measure Courage and aggression. I know who wins and by a fair margin .

Career?

It'd be interesting to see Benny's stats had he played every game this season. He was starting to have a real impact to the naked eye. That game against GWS was special....he did things Lonie will never be able to do

Slight chance this week. The great thing though over the last few weeks in the side are now playing pretty good footy. Getting their confidence back and had we available a few extra players I reckon we would be a real chance this week. The downside is the more I see of Paddy the less I see of a player with the right skills to play in todays footy. As soon as Bruce is fit enough for the AFL and if Paddy continues to play how he is then we must swap them over. I know that will upset a few but pick one doesn't entitle you to play if you aren't good enough.

Still would love to know why the players lacked confidence so early into the year. Its very strange.

20180608_085445.png
Welcome back P66

Maybe they lacked confidence in the game plan/style coupled with 2 loses in the JLT games it just snowballed once talk gets around the playing group it's hard to just flick the switch on again.

Just on Savage, I remember watching a game earlier this year and Roo was commentating. He was pretty critical of Savage saying that he just puts the ball on his foot without looking and while it’s good for the disposal efficiency stat as he can kick it over 40m it is not good for the team as he kicks it blindly and usually to the opposition.

Been watching for it closely ever since and it’s hard to disagree. He has a nice penetrating kick but is a poor decision maker and panicks under pressure.

Maybe they lacked confidence in the game plan/style coupled with 2 loses in the JLT games it just snowballed once talk gets around the playing group it's hard to just flick the switch on again.

Has to be something like that. Bit of a worry if the players are mentally weak like that but they seem to have overcome it now when its all to late. The improvement lately has been underrated when you look at how young and inexperienced we are and who we have played. We have been very good.

Welcome back Plugger, did you enjoy the break?

Has to be something like that. Bit of a worry if the players are mentally weak like that but they seem to have overcome it now when its all to late. The improvement lately has been underrated when you look at how young and inexperienced we are and who we have played. We have been very good.
Totally agree no credit from the media it has been a good turn around under 5 goal loses the last 3 game & 2 of them most likely to play off in the GF.

Marshall will only be good as a ruckman he will not be just a pure forward, so develop him in the 2's at that craft only problem is we have Longer there taking that spot.
marshall is silky as for a giant, he's definitely a 'natural footballer' in that sense. He's not as dour as he could be, but he's been playing in front of the ball for the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back