Preview Round 12, 2018: St.Kilda v Sydney - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 9th June, 7:25PM AEST *2018 PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • Swans

Votes: 56 53.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The captain doesn't do that and he has played in the last few weeks when our form has improved. Might be slightly different if he didn't play but he did. He will come straight back in unless he is out for an extended time. Gilbert is completely different. Longer out and not a captain. If Geary wasn't captain things might be different but he is.

Our form against WCE improved in the last qtr when he was off

So let me Summarise the last 6 pages.

Billings is crap should be dropped.
Why did they drop Billings?
Marshall is a ruckman, why play him back FMD.
Why bring back Brown and drop Marshall.
Coffield out why?
Why drop White for Coffield FMD.
Sack Richo.

Is that the right way to opine on here?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Your missing the complaining that we have too many half backs. Then people are crying that we didnt drop Lonie and Mav to play more half backs.

Still would love to know why the players lacked confidence so early into the year. Its very strange.

I think most likely it was a dip in confidence which the current leadership group didn't have the skills to notice or turn around. With an experienced leader like Rooey there I reckon he would have noticed and been able to cut it before it hit rock bottom, but we just don't have that sort of leadership right now.

Playing against the Swans is always a tough assignment. They are a well-drilled, hard-at-it team of men and we are mostly kids.

An upset win would be huge for their confidence and self-belief. Games like these can define careers.

This is your moment Seb Ross.
Yes they can.
He might as well have one at least!

What would you do once Geary is fit? Drop Rice?
What about when Gilbert is fit? Drop Coffield?

The Geary/ Rice one unfortunately is a problem for obvious reasons. I’m liking Rice, but how do you not bring the captain back. Finally the depth is coming.

Gilbo should only come in when / if the Coff’s body needs a break.

He and Clark need to keep getting games under their belts.

Last edited:
Hoping we played your boys into a bit of form last week. The Swannies aren't playing well at the moment, so im hoping you'll get the jump on them! ;):D:rainbow:
Cheers Woosha.

Great to see the Bombers playing well under your guidance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bizarre and counterproductive to drop two young kids with great skills who just played decent games in White and Marshall and I really don't feel like this is the right time to drop Billings. With those three out we lose three of our best kicks and only have one good kick (Coffield coming in). I also have no idea why this is the week they decide to play Battle - bringing in a 19 year old forward to play his second game against one of the most experienced and organised defences in the league seems like a great way to ruin a kid's confidence. I expect Rampe to beat him one-on-one and run off him all night. At least Marshall would have had a significant size advantage and provides a good second ruck option. Why we keep persisting with Lonie is absolutely mind boggling.

I have a feeling we have rushed Brown back and he's either going to be barely able to move or will re-injure himself as well.

I'm tending to think the Billings issue is as much about our lack of small medium forwards on the list that can impact a game, when Weller is best 22, Newnes is playing HF and now playing well, Sincs. having to play HF and doing it badly and Long injured, the likes of Wright, Connellan, and Minchington having their own issues, Billings while probably needing to be dropped has had no replacement for him that can play to even his poorest standard.

Which brings us to Battle, I'd think he's got himself to the point where he's in selection frame and the match committee has made the call, he's a young bloke full of self confidence and beans, if he can come in and be competitive he'll get a hell of a boost, if he struggles physically it's unlikely to be a mental setback.

At some point they all have to play against a better opponent, when we're 16th with a win and a draw the chances are that every team above us will be seen as a challenge too far for a kid, so select them believe in them and back them in, it's a lot better than saying to them that we don't think they're good enough and we will only play them against teams with players we don't rate. I'd rather set a kid up with an early challenge than set him up long term to believe he's not up to the challenge.

Still would love to know why the players lacked confidence so early into the year. Its very strange.

I was listening to one of the many shows and someone ( cant remember who) said that it took Lever at least 8 games to adjust to new players and a new set up at the Dees.

Coaching and game plan aside, I think losing two absolute stars in our team absolutely knocked them for a six. I don’t believe the club, or most of us really, believed what a huge impact it would make. In retrospect Joey should have probably gone on for one more year.

Cheers Woosha.

Great to see the Bombers playing well under your guidance.

Well, you know, it was really a team effort.

Lindsay Tanner, he comes up to me one day and says "Woosha", he says, "you've gotta help us, mate. Essendon are crap both on and off the field. Can ya fix it?"

So I have a bit of a think about it, and I says to Lindsay; "Lindsay", I says, "how about this. You know how you were doing that drug stuff a couple of years back? Well what if, and stick with me here, we stopped doing that for a bit".

Now ol' Lindsay looks a bit sceptical about this, but I continued on.

"And also, what if, and stay with me through this bit 'cause its a bit hard to follow, what if, we tried to not be crap at football every now and again. Not all the time, of course! Gotta preserve the club culture and all that! But ya know, win a few games here and there".

Now between you and me, Lindsay wasn't fully on board with all this new-school thinking at the time, but agreed to give it a bit of a try to "see how it goes", and here we are today. I think we're doing pretty ok, all things considered. I mean, I wish I had a player like Adam Hunter on the team. Someone who I could use my tactical brilliance on by switching between forward and half back at random intervals in a game (cause let me tell ya, that sorta thinking wins Premierships it does!), but ya know, we'll just take it one week at a time.

"Meanwhile, Freeman is not 100 per cent, and while Richardson said there was no extra risk of re-injury, an operation will be required for the speedy midfielder at season's end."

o_O?
He is talking about his shoulder. He tore his AC joint, they pretty regularly do surgery to fix it all up post season if you have injured it at some point.

"Meanwhile, Freeman is not 100 per cent, and while Richardson said there was no extra risk of re-injury, an operation will be required for the speedy midfielder at season's end."

o_O?
giphy.gif

Doubt Gilbert plays but unfortunately for you Geary is an automatic in so someone will be dropped.
Plugger you're back. Good to see you. None of my business, but why not put anyone you don't get along with on ignore and save yourself a lot of hassle?
Anyway, good to have you back in time for Swans game.

Plugger you're back. Good to see you. None of my business, but why not put anyone you don't get along with on ignore and save yourself a lot of hassle?
Anyway, good to have you back in time for Swans game.

Don’t use ignore. Never will. I love the banter. If I’m banned I’m banned but luckily I have never been banned. Was just in Columbia for 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back