Preview Round 14, 2020: Hawthorn v Essendon, 27 August 2020, 4.40pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will any of you whingers be happy if we beat the * with the team selected? Or will you complain because we might have lost a draft position. Would you be happier if we field a team so green that we get flogged by ten goals?
The funniest part is that I’m sure there’s a couple who are upset who are also in the draft thread saying that we shouldn’t be trying to win any games. 😂

A promise is a promise, and I did tell Eldo I would just copy and paste his post once the selections were made.

More KIDS!!!

Not because GOOD! Because KID!

Who cares if training well???? MUST BE KID!

WHERE IS KID CLARKO???????

YOU PICK PLAYER who is 21? 21 is NOT KID!!!! Kid is 18 or 19

You hear me?????

18 is kid...find someone 18! NOW!

fu** you clarkson stubborn campaigner! I want see KID!!!

I'm keen to see Cousins back up in particular. To my untrained eye it looked like a slightly different role for him. He took the game on and was crucial to several scoring chains. Knows where the goals are too.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did he say he was going to bring in two kids this week?
Like actually say it

No. He said months ago that there will be an injection of youth. I guess we can make of that what we will. His idea of an injection of youth is apparently different to most other people's.

Now given he's willing to bring in Ceglar (considering Big Boy is named) and Minchington for this game, what are the chances he'll bring in some young guys once Impey and JOM are fit to return? Or when Stratton and Burgoyne are back from being rested?

What's the point of playing Minchington? Will be even be on our list next year? Even if the lists aren't reduced to 40 he's got little chance of being retained. What do we gain by playing him tomorrow?

Play all the kids and lose by 15 goals each week and demoralise them and give them no meaningful experience?

We have been losing this year anyway. Since round four we have lost seven out of eight games. Our average losing margin has been five goals, so I doubt there's a ten goal difference in playing a few youngsters over Minchington, Stratton, Burgoyne or Ceglar (if Big Boy is already named).

I don't think they are getting much meaningful experience playing in the scrimmage matches, especially when some have to fill in for the other side. Maybe they are, but it seems like a kick and giggle. So what better place to develop than in the seniors?

Play all the kids and lose by 15 goals each week and demoralise them and give them no meaningful experience?

Sounds like 2005 Schwab years, oh wait a minute that was the year some new coach came in and played kids.

Remember getting rid of him pretty quickly and replacing him with Clarko. Can't even remember that coaches name anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't hurt Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Franklin, Roughead and Birchall
Hodge and Mitchell were already 21 when Clarko arrived but according to some they were not kids. Just out of interest where are we hiding their current equivalents. Sure as hell they would be played if they were there but they aren’t. Day proves he will play them if they are good enough.

Yeah he must know. I think just a fair few of us cannot understand some of the decisions he has been making is all.
Every week, numerous posters try to explain to you the decisions he is making. You ask the same questions, and people who more knowledge of the club, how modern footy works, how Clarko and club see things, explain it to you really clearly. And yet, you throw your hands in the air and still act confused.

It seems that the only answer you’ll accept is: Clarko is inept / stubborn / lost it. If that’s the case, stop asking the question, and just say it.

Hodge and Mitchell were already 21 when Clarko arrived but according to some they were not kids. Just out of interest where are we hiding their current equivalents. Sure as hell they would be played if they were there but they aren’t. Day proves he will play them if they are good enough.
People think that there’s a bunch of A grade talent hiding back there that “just need a chance”. Unfortunately, the reality is maybe none of them will make it.

The funniest part is that I’m sure there’s a couple who are upset who are also in the draft thread saying that we shouldn’t be trying to win any games. 😂
Hey I'm completely bipolar or pragmatic when it it comes to winning games and draft position.
Game day is all about winning every game possible, no if's but's or maybe's.

Draft picks let's get the earliest pick possible, let's get the best available talent with that pick.

They are separate issues always barring concessions if you finish forth last you get forth pick which is indicative of your place in the game.

There are plenty on here being all Veruca Salt on wanting it all now daddy. Win a couple of games and still want pick 2 or 3

That said win games and let draft take care of itself. Must admit that watching new guys getting a run does add interest to a dud season.

Hey I'm completely bipolar or pragmatic when it it comes to winning games and draft position.
Game day is all about winning every game possible, no if's but's or maybe's.

Draft picks let's get the earliest pick possible, let's get the best available talent with that pick.

They are separate issues always barring concessions if you finish forth last you get forth pick which is indicative of your place in the game.

There are plenty on here being all Veruca Salt on wanting it all now daddy. Win a couple of games and still want pick 2 or 3

That said win games and let draft take care of itself. Must admit that watching new guys getting a run does add interest to a dud season.
Totally agree. And the club does too. That's why it's a mix and a fine balance.
We've got a bunch of young guys playing tonight.
Minch also replaced a guy who's 15 years older than him. Dont get the melts. Anyway.

Sounds like 2005 Schwab years, oh wait a minute that was the year some new coach came in and played kids.

Remember getting rid of him pretty quickly and replacing him with Clarko. Can't even remember that coaches name anymore.

You think our current kids are even half as good as our kids from 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back