Review Round 23 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium - 20/8/22 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Holman is out for the game/year (back injury).

100% for some speed. Some run and carry would really help. Weirdly North are quite competitive with us in most key stats. I reckon their midfield might give us a run.

We’re also similar in terms of games played/age profile, so really it’s just whether we have the class (not sure) and fitness (probably) to roll over them.
I reckon Luke Davies-Uniacke will poll 3, he's a legit superstar.

North mids will kill us, we're just tired atm, same problem as last year. Dewy should reward Fiorini with a full game in the guts, will drive his price up

Not expecting too much now, decimated with injuries everywhere, a loss is gonna hurt. Basically lost all the progress we've made.

North have only beaten the Covid eagles & misfiring Richmond. This one is gonna hurt.

Important game.
Win this as we should given how the two teams have performed, get to 10-12, get the % over 100 for the season for the first time ever, call it a pass. And the pressure valve is released a bit. Especially if we start the game strongly and put it away early.

Lose and the pressure starts earlier next year, as it should.

Important game.
Win this as we should given how the two teams have performed, get to 10-12, get the % over 100 for the season for the first time ever, call it a pass. And the pressure valve is released a bit. Especially if we start the game strongly and put it away early.

Lose and the pressure starts earlier next year, as it should.
Yes, got to come out strong..
Give North a bit of a sniff and we are high risk of letting it slip.

They've got players that can get a roll on like LDU, Larkey and Zurhaar.

Completely different setting
But last game we really smashed them despite very similar team experience - North 24.8 years, 77 games - Suns 24.5 years, 72 games
We had 13 different goal scorers.

Chol hardly touched it
Casboult didn't play

Matt Rowell had 25 touches and 11 tackles

We'll be missing Powell, Weller, Buderick, Jeffrey, Rankine, Holman, Markov (probably not selected)

Probably replaced with: Hollands, Lemmens, Lukosius, Andrew, Macpherson, Sharp, Burgess/Fiorini?

North's backline is pretty weak

Mackay on Casboult
Dawson on Chol
Corr on Lukosius
Bonar on Ainsworth
Young on Rosas
Goater on Sexton

We've kicked around 60 points only the last 2 weeks
Reckon we can kick a fair few goals against that set up.

Just not really any imagination with the team, just lateral thinking bringing Sexton in. Why not try Swallow forward and move Bowes into the mid?
Sexton isn't best 22 and definitely won't be next season so why play him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe we aren't mixing it up. Disappointed

Better off watching the VFL, Fiorini getting 40 touches and 2 goals and another win

Can't believe we aren't mixing it up. Disappointed

Better off watching the VFL, Fiorini getting 40 touches and 2 goals and another win
IMO, Fiorini can only play inside and he is not replacing Anderson and Rowell. And his kicking is still poor even in VFL. Find another team, Brayden.

I am disappointed that Moyle, Faulkhead did not get opportunity.

Last edited:
IMO, Fiorini can only play inside and he is not replacing Anderson and Rowell. And his kicking is still poor even in VFL. Find another team, Brayden.

I am disappointed that Moyle, Faulkhead did not get opportunity.
Also, can someone explain to me why we brought Constable in........was it just to play VFL?

Imo, a perfect foil to rotate with the mid twins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back