Review Round 4, 2023 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t

View attachment 1656307

Ollie Wines, Dixon and Duursma, all with hands on hips after that Rozee kick. Duursma moves to a man to man up, but totally ignores Florent who has snuck out behind him. Had one of those boys or JHF pushed over into the

Jonas absolutely zero awareness, was on Heeney, but decided to roll up leaving Heeney in a tonne of space.

Farrell takes his man only, and doesn't shuffle the defence across to Heeney.

Houston & SPP totally unaware of what they're guarding and both look lost as the play unfolds.

This is such a bad look. Embarrassing stuff.
lol these two just tugging each other off not affecting the play in any way shape or form
1681177965476.png

89opq1ycr4b31.jpg

i dont understand what he was meant to do? hes 30m from the player, was he meant to run the ball up to the player and lose his positioning, so he kicked it, as per most of our players he missed the target, the umps should have said yep that's a normal port kick.

its not like he booted the crap out of it or dribbled it along the ground, for me it was total lack of feel from the umpire.
In the moment I thought it was a deliberate mis-kick. It hurt, but I felt the umpire was right.

I also love the ignorance of the rules that the commentators propagate. The Houston rushed was a clear as day deliberate call. He picked it up, dodged a player, had prior opportunity and then decided to walk over the line. It was the exact scenario the rule is there for. You can rush under pressure, but you can't take a look, dodge some players and then walk over. The commentators should know that prior opportunity is part of the rule. Seriously the s**t commentators we have to put up with in this sport...

1681181440810.png

What Port Adelaide lack more than anything is a defensive general. Why aren’t the defenders screaming and calling players back? Why are they so disorganised behind the ball?

A general in defence would never have let this happen. Imagine May or Lever in this situation…Imagine Hodge. Who is our organiser?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You'd think our captain, being a defender himself, would be the ideal person for this.

If I gave you a choice this year of either
A port win premiership or
B Ken sacked at years end
What one would you choose?
And there’s no option C only A or B.
A & B in either order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did lol at new and improved, Awkward Boundary Ken™, being deployed.
He didn't look comfortable in that role at all.
I enjoyed him standing next to Rizza and repeatedly pointing at and tapping the 1 minute sign at the death, like grandpa trying to be helpful at christmas lunch and just getting under the feet of those with an actual job to do

They basically never pay those as 50 these days but given the state of the game it was idiotic to put your fate in the hands of the umpire like that.
The last 2 or 3 minutes of quarters we are renowned for us doing something idiotic to give the oppo a chance to score, including allowing umpires to make big calls.

It was noteworthy that Charlie Dixon had 15 disposals, but 18 contested possessions. I haven't seen that stat before (more CPs than disposals). I'm wondering if it happens often if at all. Basically this means that with 1 uncontested possession Charlie had 19 possessions, 15 of which he disposed of, 4 that he didn't.

1681204407376.png

Just think about that. Virtually every time you saw Charlie win possession it was contested. That is a remarkable effort. There's no doubt Charlie is our Contested Beast.

In the moment I thought it was a deliberate mis-kick. It hurt, but I felt the umpire was right.

I also love the ignorance of the rules that the commentators propagate. The Houston rushed was a clear as day deliberate call. He picked it up, dodged a player, had prior opportunity and then decided to walk over the line. It was the exact scenario the rule is there for. You can rush under pressure, but you can't take a look, dodge some players and then walk over. The commentators should know that prior opportunity is part of the rule. Seriously the s**t commentators we have to put up with in this sport...

View attachment 1656413

I reckon it was just a really poor kick. Why would he deliberately do that at such a crucial point in the game?

What’s there to gain? The clock had already stopped, I guess he had a chance to rush back into defence but how useless was that considering the 50 meant blakey’s kicksailed over his head through goal posts.

But i guess it’s like deliberate out of bounds where 9/10 of them aren’t actually deliberate, and just poor disposals that players are now constantly getting penalised for.

I dunno, I feel like the umps need to show a bit more common sense in those situations and not award 50’s because a player can’t hit a target from 30 metres.

It could’ve easily cost us the match.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Superstar forward Lance Franklin will miss Sydney's huge AFL clash with Richmond due to knee soreness as the Swans count the cost of their loss to Port Adelaide. Franklin, 36, was injured late in Saturday's heartbreaking two-point defeat to the Power and has not recovered in time to face the Tigers at Adelaide Oval on Friday.

I wonder if he did it bowling Miles Bergman over, when he should've been blocking Aliir.

Superstar forward Lance Franklin will miss Sydney's huge AFL clash with Richmond due to knee soreness as the Swans count the cost of their loss to Port Adelaide. Franklin, 36, was injured late in Saturday's heartbreaking two-point defeat to the Power and has not recovered in time to face the Tigers at Adelaide Oval on Friday.

I wonder if he did it bowling Miles Bergman over, when he should've been blocking Aliir.

I know Aliir is an aliite defender (sorry) but Franklin looked done on Saturday night. Time for Sydney to poach another key forward I think.

I wondered whether Franklin's effort on Bergman could be considered blocking, in which case we should have been awarded a free kick even if the ball did go through.

I know Aliir is an aliite defender (sorry) but Franklin looked done on Saturday night. Time for Sydney to poach another key forward I think.

I wondered whether Franklin's effort on Bergman could be considered blocking, in which case we should have been awarded a free kick even if the ball did go through.

I saw one tweet in the aftermath suggesting that Bergman had blocked Buddy!

All this Gloom after a win and some clown going on hope we lose to the Dogs next week and West Coast week after.
Words cannot describe these people.
Wrong.

Words cannot describe how stupid it is to think Hinkley is going to steer this team anywhere meaningful.

After 3 failed prelims, our trajectory has been DOWN instead of taking the last step or even getting close again, and is now pissfarting up and down from week to week.

And it doesn't reflect well on anyone that cannot see this.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein."

The last 2 or 3 minutes of quarters we are renowned for us doing something idiotic to give the oppo a chance to score, including allowing umpires to make big calls.
Sydney had a shot after the siren in 3 seperate quarters… missed them all.

that is also a Port tradition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back