Review Round 4, 2023 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire's call.

Well s**t idk I'm only guessing that's why I asked for a video review.

If you look back over my posts you will see the point (pardon the pun) has been made. I think it was McEntee who kicked it and I replayed it countless times and could not see how it was a point. The person who made that call should be stood down- permanently.

If you look back over my posts you will see the point (pardon the pun) has been made. I think it was McEntee who kicked it and I replayed it countless times and could not see how it was a point. The person who made that call should be stood down- permanently.

Good to have the visual.

And I think it was Jackson Mead.

Not comfortable with a TV commentator bringing this up post game but powerful stuff from Jezza

I disagree, this guy just kicked the game winning goal in one of the few nationally televised games we'll have all year, Bolton teeing him up to pay tribute to his dying wife was great. We all know about this because we live and breathe all things Port but a lot of people watching wouldn't have had any idea about the truly mammoth task it must be to get on the field right now for Finlayson. It was a great moment, far more important than anything else that happened on the night, and it probably wouldn't have happened without that nudge from Bolton.

Those going on about Wines interview post match, context was about gather round, the city will be alive with Adelaide winning also, nothing innit
Always best to listen to an interview yourself before getting enraged due to someone selectively quoting snippets. Happens in the press all the time and, shock, horror, on BF too.;)

I disagree, this guy just kicked the game winning goal in one of the few nationally televised games we'll have all year, Bolton teeing him up to pay tribute to his dying wife was great. We all know about this because we live and breathe all things Port but a lot of people watching wouldn't have had any idea about the truly mammoth task it must be to get on the field right now for Finlayson. It was a great moment, far more important than anything else that happened on the night, and it probably wouldn't have happened without that nudge from Bolton.
I admit I worried a bit about how he would go when he came back into the team. I wondered how well he would be able to focus with everything else that they're going through. So thrilled for him to have such a good game in a good win.

Umpire's call.

Well s**t idk I'm only guessing that's why I asked for a video review.

LOL the vision. In a professional sporting competition, with ultra-high def cameras at their disposal if they want to use them, and we come up with something that looks like some grainy 1950's footage of a UFO sighting over New Mexico. This league lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the AFL have given the all clear to the Houston and goal review decisions.

shocked philip j fry GIF

Hoping that the club get spanked each week is pointless and the negative of stifling the development of players like Rozee, butters, Marshall, JHF will far outweigh any positives of sacking Ken this early in the season.

My stance is that the standard does not shift from GF appearance at least no matter what.

Hoping that the club get spanked each week is pointless and the negative of stifling the development of players like Rozee, butters, Marshall, JHF will far outweigh any positives of sacking Ken this early in the season.

My stance is that the standard does not shift from GF appearance at least no matter what.
Your standards dont matter to the AFL and Koch.

Koch wants to resign Hinkley to spite the supporters and he only needs the approval of the Melbourne media to make it happen.

Rule 15.6.2 After the Kick After a field Umpire has signalled that play has come to an end, any field Umpire may award a Free Kick to any Player after a Player has Kicked for Goal but before the field Umpire has signalled ‘All Clear’ or ‘Touched All Clear’.

In such cases, the following shall apply: (a) if the Player awarded the Free Kick is playing for the Attacking Team and a Goal is Kicked, the field Umpire shall signal ‘All Clear’ and a Goal shall be recorded; (b) if the Player awarded the Free Kick is playing for the Attacking Team and a Goal is not scored; (i) if the Free Kick occurs within the Playing Surface then that Player may take the Free Kick at the location of the Kick for Goal or where the Free Kick was awarded, whichever is the greater penalty against the Defending Team; (ii) if the Free Kick occurs outside the Playing Surface then that Player may take the Free Kick at the location of the Kick for Goal or at the closest point to the Goal Line, Behind Line or Boundary Line where the infringement occurred, whichever is the greater penalty against the Defending Team; or (iii) where a Behind is scored, that Player may elect to have the Behind recorded;

or (c) if the Player awarded the Free Kick is playing for the Defending Team, the Player shall be awarded the Free Kick where the infringement occurred. For the avoidance of doubt, any Goal or Behind shall not be recorded.

Law 15.6.1 covers the before Kick or in the Act of Kicking (after the siren).
After a field Umpire has signalled that play has come to an end, any field Umpire may award a Free Kick to any Player when a Player is preparing to Kick or in the act of Kicking for Goal.
(a) if the Player awarded the Free Kick is playing for the Attacking Team, the Free Kick shall be awarded to the Player where the infringement occurred, or the Player shall be awarded a Fifty Metre Penalty, whichever is the greater penalty against the Defending Team; or (b) if the Player awarded the Free Kick is playing for the Defending Team, the Player shall be awarded the Free Kick where the infringement occurred or where the football is at the time of the infringement, whichever is the greater penalty against the Attacking Team.
You must be using last year's rulebook.

The 2023 version says its Rule 16 and 16.6.xx for various sub clauses.

Finally someone, Matty Lloyd, has highlighted how poor we were in the dying stages of the game.
AAA: AFL must step in on McCartin, how to beat the Pies, 'damning' Giants vision

8:55
Good that it was highlighted. Sydney had another free player they could have also used directly in front of goal, the same distance out. Don’t know what those few mids of ours were thinking. Clearly ball watching and not as many Port players getting back to fill up holes in defence or picking up loose opponents as there should have been.

Heard the AFL have given the all clear to the Houston and goal review decisions.

shocked philip j fry GIF

It’s very ironic that the league is custodian of an integrity body when they have no integrity of their own.

If I gave you a choice this year of either
A port win premiership or
B Ken sacked at years end
What one would you choose?
And there’s no option C only A or B.
A, obviously. But A isn't going to happen.

The actual choice is A - Port finish maybe 6th or so and Ken doesn't sacked (don't kid yourself and think Koch won't give him another extension if we make the lower end of the finals, he's done it before and he'll do it again) or B - Port miss finals and Ken gets sacked. And B is the obvious choice there to everybody except shortsighted true believers such as yourself.

Yeah its such a weird situation but I want JHF to win every game he plays. Winning should be the expectation that he plans for every single week.

Good that it was highlighted. Sydney had another free player they could have also used directly in front of goal, the same distance out. Don’t know what those few mids of ours were thinking. Clearly ball watching and not as many Port players getting back to fill up holes in defence or picking up loose opponents as there should have been.

Duursma goes to his direct opponent and then notices the Sydney player alone inside 50. He makes an effort to get back but is too late.

Others are ball watching. It was not good but it highlights one of Port Adelaide’s biggest issues and it is not height in the back half.

What Port Adelaide lack more than anything is a defensive general. Why aren’t the defenders screaming and calling players back? Why are they so disorganised behind the ball?

A general in defence would never have let this happen. Imagine May or Lever in this situation…Imagine Hodge. Who is our organiser?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Duursma goes to his direct opponent and then notices the Sydney player alone inside 50. He makes an effort to get back but is too late.

Others are ball watching. It was not good but it highlights one of Port Adelaide’s biggest issues and it is not height in the back half.

What Port Adelaide lack more than anything is a defensive general. Why aren’t the defenders screaming and calling players back? Why are they so disorganised behind the ball?

A general in defence would never have let this happen. Imagine May or Lever in this situation…Imagine Hodge. Who is our organiser?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The core of our leadership group are defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back