Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking number of non-performing players 28 and over.

I think they tried to mimic Geelong and Sydney’s previous mature recruiting strategy but first they picked the wrong blokes and second the rest of the list was seriously average.

Tonight was horrendous. If we’d kicked straight it would have been a horror show.

Crouch was a dead set non-event.

Hill looked like he was in a back pocket and did diddly.

Has Hanneberry played at all since crossing?

Ryder was up against a 4th gamer and broke even.

Geary looks cooked.

If McKernan gets a game you are in trouble. That shank early told the story.

Jack Lonie looks like he’s from Auskick.

Hannebery remains one of those super weird acquisitions. Just totally bizarre. Everybody across football knew his body was totally shot... and then they bring him in, and on a long contract??

Hannebery remains one of those super weird acquisitions. Just totally bizarre. Everybody across football knew his body was totally shot... and then they bring him in, and on a long contract??
Lethers just topping up his mates super I reckon.
People rag on Hill and Jones, but they were the exact type of players we needed. For years we were slow and copped s**t for so went and got some speed and now cop s**t for it.
Hanneberry and McCartin are just 2 decisions fans could never understand.

Their arrogance all summer long and late in the season last year was something to behold. They are no good at all. Too many blokes chasing coin, not playing for the jumper.

In local footy they would be they boys that live an hour away, train Thursdays, get their envelope, shower and go home. While young kids are in the 2s who have played their for years cant get a go because those boys dont play for the jumper, just the coin.

Looking at you Hill and Crouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You needed to go to the draft, you needed to rebuild. You could had gotten Georgiades if you kept pick 18.
You see, I dont like those comments. You could have etc. Nobody knows who a club would've taken if they had pick number X. Take the Tambling over Buddy pick way back when. Every club in the land wanted Tambling and would have taken him. Its almost the same as saying Melbourne should have taken Dane Swan at pick 9 instead of Luke Molan in the 2001 draft.

But * the Saints, hate them.

Not that it matters with new cattle and different era but Rattens time at Carlton was always overrated.

The mainstream hype last year was all that Carlton should have never sacked Ratten. Which was either a) a complete rewriting of history or b) not rating the Carlton list at the time, the performance of which would be a consequence of his unaccountable gameplan.

Malthouse being so diabolical plus terrible recruitment and trading under his watch, made Ratts look a lot better than he was, and history was rewritten.

I used to dislike St Kilda, but this team is very likeable. I like Ratten, King etc

But I’ve never rated this current teams quality. I was surprised they did well last year.
I think they are only slightly lower than how good their list is in terms of ladder position.

You see, I dont like those comments. You could have etc. Nobody knows who a club would've taken if they had pick number X. Take the Tambling over Buddy pick way back when. Every club in the land wanted Tambling and would have taken him. Its almost the same as saying Melbourne should have taken Dane Swan at pick 9 instead of Luke Molan in the 2001 draft.

But fu** the Saints, hate them.
Still doesn’t change the fact that you over paid for Howard

I used to dislike St Kilda, but this team is very likeable. I like Ratten, King etc

But I’ve never rated this current teams quality. I was surprised they did well last year.
I think they are only slightly lower than how good their list is in terms of ladder position.
They aren't bad on paper, but you need to draft and develop your core group.
Saints seem to have as many trade ins as drafted players among their core.

Hardly ‘no man’s land’ - they are just a middle of the road team, like they always have been.

No, Middle of the Road is an improvement on where they have usually found themselves.

The club needs some psychotic Hank Scorpio-like benefactor to whip them into contention.

Or a Barassi-like defection to legitimize them going forward.

Tonight and this season has been so embarrassing no doubt.
But I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom.
But I feel as if we really need to hit the draft this year and next.
I think back to when Melbourne had a great 2018 then a terrible 2019. Hit the draft and look where they are now.
we have also had a terrible luck with injuries.
But tonight we lacked effort and confidence, once we get that back we will be okay

We really need to have a list overhaul. Play guys like brynes Bytel Coffield long Highmore etx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back